fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
a pistol isn't stopping any bears you're just going to piss it off

I wouldn't hike into bear country with anything less than a 308

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
a pistol isn't stopping any bears you're just going to piss it off

I wouldn't hike into bear country with anything less than a 308

It's black bear country, I'm not worried about them. We actually scared one last night.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I recomend you check out the Springfield XDS. They make it in a 9mm and .45 ACP. It is light weight and compact great for CC. The .45 has an extended grip to carry 6 or 7 rounds or flush with the base of the grip and carries 5. Plus .45 will sting more in that bear but is not to bad in the hand!

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I dont own one yet but is it better to buy online or local? Can i just walk into a gun shop & pickout any gun i want or is there protocol/background check/gun safety test?

All the guns so far looks quite nice, what are the price ranges on them?

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
I dont own one yet but is it better to buy online or local? Can i just walk into a gun shop & pickout any gun i want or is there protocol/background check/gun safety test?

All the guns so far looks quite nice, what are the price ranges on them?

You'll have to go through a background check, go to a shooting range and try out their guns until you find something that feels right and take the safety class if you're new to shooting please. Guns in this thread range from $400 - $1000 depending on what's being referenced.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
For concealed carry, Glock 26.

For home defense, Glock 19.

Forget all that shit about stopping power - 9mm is a great round with the right round.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member

Forget all that shit about stopping power - 9mm is a great round with the right round.

Maybe because I learned on a 92FS, but the square top of the glock puts me off...
I don't like looking down it.

92FS is hard to conceal, but for home defense and riding around in the truck its a good size.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
.460 .454 .357 .480 .500 and maybe .44 mag might stop a black bear if you don't miss. bear spray would be a good alt, it blinds and incapacitates

the recoil on these cal's is extremely heavy so you'd have to get used to them

get a 22 if you just want to target practice, .40s&w hollow point for defense

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

I used to carry a Glock when I worked in the hood, that was my brand of choice.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor

This is right down my line of thinking. Will add the 19 to my try out list this week.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
or... you know.... don't buy a gun. (I might be in the wrong crowd for that comment).

xorthen

Banned
You should get a gun that you like to shoot. Concealed carry would be a good idea. I'm trying to convince a friend to get his because some dickweed played the knockout game on him and fractured his jaw. The dude got away with it too. Shit sucks. But yeah, get a glock for real. They are really nice guns for the price and they are ultra reliable. I had a 92FS and sold it because the sights and overall feel just fucked with me. Go into the gun store and just ask the guy if you can check out different guns, then aim down the sights and get a feel for it in the store . Find the one that feels best in your hand and go with that one. Just avoid hi-points.

Last edited:

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
Only cowards carry concealed.

Real men carry TOWs in public!

cq1ga_fwuaam8si.jpg

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
I live in a gun-free country where my government protects me from everything evil, so no problem there :D

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Again if its conceal carry your after try out the XDS 3.3 inch barrel. 9 or 45 you cant go wrong.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
If you just want one all around handgun you would be hard pressed to find something better than a Glock 19.
Other mid sized pistols I like would be a Sig P320 or SP 2022.
Something from the CZ 75 family or a P-07.
Actually pretty much everything CZ makes would be fine.
Or you could not listen to a bunch of interweb commandos & just go to a shooting range with a rental wall & try before you buy.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
my government protects me from everything evil, so no problem there :D

Too little, too late for about 12 million people. Need some help getting off of your high horse?