Buying an Arcade Cabinet... How?

Hitokiri

Crossed Swords Squire
I'm looking to buy Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 Cabinets for a friend, but the thing is we live in Chile, so things get complicated for such a big item.

I understand there's freight services that will pickup and transport cargo inside the USA, I just need to get the machines to a third friend who will handle the shipping from USA to Chile.

But I have no idea how.

Any Help would be great.

Also if anyone is selling a MK1 or MK2 cabinet and will ship it that would be great too.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
you would be better off sourcing something in-country, international freight shipping for a single cab would be prohibitively expensive

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Agreed, by all means ship a cabinet from overseas but the cost will be absolutely silly.

Hitokiri

Crossed Swords Squire
I know the cost would suck, but my friend wants it and can pay for it.
I'm still looking for one locally though, but I don't think there's more than 10 legit MK machines here.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
it'd probably be smashed up by the time you got it.

Maybe try to source a mint similar style cab and order the parts/artwork to convert it

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I would contact Ken @ the gameroom to see if he can track one down for you. Having just bought 2 cabs from him recently and getting them shipped from Utah to Toronto, I can tell you with absolute certainty that you will not find someone better than him to prep a cab for shipping. I was amazed at the lengths he went to in order to ensure the cabs arrived undamaged. If money is not an issue, I would definitely give that a try first.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
ken is in utah or is that matsu?

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
ken is in utah or is that matsu?

Ken - Utah

Matsu - SoCal

...but Ken's cabs come from SoCal for the most part. ;)

SoCal = Southern California for the Int'l/non-local folks.

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Don't they all?

At some point, I'm sure all of them cross the Pacific and hit the port of LA or Long Beach. Do "all" of them? Don't know, don't care, probably doesn't matter. :D

lalalanasty

Super Sidekicks 2
The 4 I just got all came from japan, but they all live in SoCal for the time being until I move up to Washington.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
At some point, I'm sure all of them cross the Pacific and hit the port of LA or Long Beach. Do "all" of them? Don't know, don't care, probably doesn't matter. :D

I meant that to mean they seem to grow on trees over there, candy cabs especially. For instance, you can't find a candy cab to save your life where I am. Over there, people seem to be tripping on them as they cross the street. I need to visit one day.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I meant that to mean they seem to grow on trees over there, candy cabs especially. For instance, you can't find a candy cab to save your life where I am. Over there, people seem to be tripping on them as they cross the street. I need to visit one day.

Word... yeah, come visit. We got dudes with garages full of them (cough cough, 300wins, cough cough). ;)

Hitokiri

Crossed Swords Squire
thanks for all the info, I'll talk to my friend and see what he chooses to do

THE1337ROB

New Challenger
I'd like to endorse Ken at The Game Room also (Utah, doubly confirmed). He got my Astro City shipped to me in Texas for under $200.

If money isn't an issue though...I'd just wait and find one on ebay and arrange for the seller to have it shipped down there. You're probably looking at a cool grand though...