Buying an iPad has really ruined my NeoGeo.com routine.

starscream615

, m(o)(o)bs, they're awesome.
I just don't visit much anymore. It's not that the website isn't very iPad friendly (it's just a bit slow) it's that the iPad has made other sites I would never have time to visit more convenient and I rarely find myself even using my desktop or laptop. Any other tablet owners noticed a change in their internet habits both positive or negative since getting one?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Basically you're saying it's a pain in the ass for browsing certain sites, and yes it is.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Actually this site is one of the few I still visit regularly on my iPad.

For most other websites (with RSS) i'm using the Reeder app. It's basically just a friendly interface for your existing google reader account. That way I can check all my tech and gaming news without having to visit all the sites independently.

Curt

apostate
I still visit NG quite a bit on my iPad. It's not so bad. Could be prettier though, and posting sometimes can be tricky, but for viewing its generally pretty good.

An iPad optimized update to vBulletin would be nice though...

starscream615

I still visit NG quite a bit on my iPad. It's not so bad. Could be prettier though, and posting sometimes can be tricky, but for viewing its generally pretty good.

An iPad optimized update to vBulletin would be nice though...

Yea my main thing is the chat forcibly loading and graphics taking time to come in which end up moving other parts of the page around. I tell you if there was some way for ng.com to fit into the flip board app, that would be amazing as it combined with a few others negates me from even having to visit many sites I frequent at all.

starscream615

I guess the IPAD got a sausage fingers app?

Actually, I've lost quite a bit of weight, 45lbs to be exact so my fingers arent Oscar Meyers anymore. Only downside being that my wedding ring is falling off my finger now sometimes. That and having to spend money on clothes that don't make me look like I'm wearing a hefty bag.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm not a fan of the current update on the site. I think that it has led a lot of people to look elsewhere.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Ever since my house flooded way back in April, I've been without a computer (except for work, obviously). I've been trying to survive on my iPad, hence... zero BBS activity.

Kind of stinks, but I've been pretty fucking productive since...

Marek

Banned
Internet-troll-face.jpg

aria

Former Moderator
Yea my main thing is the chat forcibly loading and graphics taking time to come in which end up moving other parts of the page around. I tell you if there was some way for ng.com to fit into the flip board app, that would be amazing as it combined with a few others negates me from even having to visit many sites I frequent at all.

You can turn off chat from auto-loading in you profile options.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
My only complaint is reply to thread goes straight to quick reply. It's faster yes, but not everyone knows how to type out smilies or other things. This of course can be fixed by adding a quick reply button beside the standard reply ;)

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Love the site through tapatalk, hate it through a browser.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I have zero interest in an iPad. I have an old iPod touch and a laptop
Spoiler:
I don't use
That's more than enough.