California Extreme 2017

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Anyone Going?

I'll be there so if you see some knob with a helmet and mask on, that's me.

man, I hope they have that irritating maze cabinet again.. I'd love to get some more time on that, the air blowing mechanic was really cool.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
I'm going. Didn't make it last year, so I'm excited that I'm able to this year. Taking the family and making a mini vacation out of it.

Lemony Vengeance

I'm going. Didn't make it last year, so I'm excited that I'm able to this year. Taking the family and making a mini vacation out of it.

you should meet up with me and the ARMY of members that will be there, man! seriously. a ton of us will be there.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
My girlfriend and I will be there. Wanted to go last year, but work and finances were kinda fucked at the time. It's my first time going to this, so I'm not sure what to expect other than a lot of freeplay arcade game and pinball goodness. I'm slightly familiar with the location though, since I was at a con called BayCon back in 2015 at this same hotel.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Wish I was going it's so much fun. I went a few years back. Just beware of the "Stinky Unicorn". I ran into that guy when I was there and he can clear a 10' radius around a machine like nobody's business. Almost like a mutant ability to generate stench.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/archive/index.php/t-191692.html

OH SWEET LORD. Also, yeah. Stink Troopers need to be put in place. I mean yeah, I get pretty sweaty in crowded places due to being a big guy, but I make sure I change clothes and bathe. People who don't bathe at cons are the worst.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Oh man, that's pretty badass! Lookin' forward to trying it out.

It will be on a 120" screen with 2 projectors as the cabinet itself is rarer than rare + massive. Also the game was only released in Japan.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
It will be on a 120" screen with 2 projectors as the cabinet itself is rarer than rare + massive. Also the game was only released in Japan.

Looks like a really fun game from what I've been watching on Youtube. I really like what you've got going with it. What's the rest of the setup gonna be like? I assume some kind of pedestal for the controls.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Looks like a really fun game from what I've been watching on Youtube. I really like what you've got going with it. What's the rest of the setup gonna be like? I assume some kind of pedestal for the controls.

Another local guy here has been helping me. It is connected to a Blast City 2P control panel that will be sitting on a table behind it as well as really nice pioneer speakers that will sit next to the screen for loud stereo sound.

Lemony Vengeance

because this isn't an organized thing.. it's more of a hey, a bunch of us will be there.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I'm really excited to go in all honesty. I'm tempted to bring my Neo Geo cab next year, if I have it all fixed up before then. Not like it's broken or anything, but I don't wanna show up with something that looks kinda shabby with its mismatched buttons and sticks, as well as its rusted CP.

Lemony Vengeance

20369916_1220421034733286_3386016213462655343_o.jpg

CAX was a blast, Many thanks to the people from here that were there: Lolifox, 300Wins, themisterfalcon, MasamuneGTO, Kid Panda, OokitarePanda, Loegan43, Caldwert, battlesmurf, Bigtime, Kaph33n, Alec, MikeMann, (TeddyKGB for an in home visit ;D), Codecrank, and anyone else I missed. :D Love yall like brothers!
(and yes, that's me in the pic)

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I had a blast! I wish I could have seen the Neo-Geo crew a bit more, here's to next year!! Maybe I'll bring a cab or two in 2018.