Came back $250 lighter from the flea market today

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
That's $250 CDN, approx $215 US

I didn't expect to spend so much especially since I didn't get what I originally went for but I got a pretty decent deal:

All items used, but mint:

DS Lite (Black) $100
New Super Mario $30
Super Princess Peach $20
Mario Kart DS $30
Gears of War 360 $40
Ridge Racer 7 PS3 $30

It's not a major savings but the canadian members here I think can appreciate it more.

Ridge Racer was the more questionable purchase but it's the only PS3 game that outputs in 1080i and I was just curious. Hopefully it's fun.

Just felt like sharing, I love the DS lite. Now I want Resident Evil for it. The idea of it being portable sounds awesome.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Dude, which Flea Market was this? You have to tell me.

All I know is the very bad one on Bayly St. in Ajax/Pickering. And that is mostly High Value dollar store vendors selling knock off garbage, and 2 highly overpriced Gaming vendors. :(

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
DARK ANDY said:
Dude, which Flea Market was this? You have to tell me.

All I know is the very bad one on Bayly St. in Ajax/Pickering. And that is mostly High Value dollar store vendors selling knock off garbage, and 2 highly overpriced Gaming vendors. :(

This would be 747 Flea Market on Steeles and Airport Rd. in Brampton. I live barely 5 minutes from there.

Has two video game vendors but both a very nice guys and always give me great deals. I ran a video game booth there for over 3 years from Sept 2001 to July 2005.

I got the GOW and Mario Kart DS from one vendor for $70 (his offer, not mine) and the rest from the second vendor who knocked off $15 from his original price, so I paid $250 total.

Really, if you're in the area in the next couple weekends, LMK. I could also check up certain games for you if you like. They mainly carry current stuff, very little pre-N64/PS1.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
I love combing flea markets for good deals on game consoles and games.

There is a flea market about 2 hours south of here in Dothan where I always come back with tons of cheap game stuff.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Good work, in LA, the best I do is buy cheap knives and bad second hand cologne.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
68k said:

There is a flea market about 2 hours south of here in Dothan where I always come back with tons of cheap game stuff.
but what about the flea market, montgomery? it's just like, it's just like, it's just like a mini mall.

20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
but what about the flea market, montgomery? it's just like, it's just like, it's just like a mini mall.

heh I passed by there the other day...

Unless I want a good deal on gold teeth or rims, I don't usually shop there.:make_fac:

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
neobuyer said:
Good work, in LA, the best I do is buy cheap knives and bad second hand cologne.

I admit it wasn't an "awesome" deal but all the items I got, minus RR7, are hot buys and rarely found used so I was pretty happy.

Flea markets are great for games. No tax and you can haggle a little.

Not like EB used prices, $5 less than new :oh_no:

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
68k said:

Flea market was how I got my X'eye, $20 for the console. Mint with the foam protector in the CD player still.

They also give better trade values than most stores so you can find a lot of premium stuff there too.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Argentina94 said:
This would be 747 Flea Market on Steeles and Airport Rd. in Brampton. I live barely 5 minutes from there.

I live maybe 1 1/2 hours away.

East end in Scarborough near Pickering. :(

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
DARK ANDY said:
I live maybe 1 1/2 hours away.

East end in Scarborough near Pickering. :(

Yeah, I remember having to travel to your neck of the woods everytime I bought from NeoBomberman.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Argentina94 said:
Yeah, I remember having to travel to your neck of the woods everytime I bought from NeoBomberman.

Heh, yes, he is rather close by. :)

20 Year Member
Argentina94 said:
Flea market was how I got my X'eye, $20 for the console. Mint with the foam protector in the CD player still.

They also give better trade values than most stores so you can find a lot of premium stuff there too.

Wow good deal on that.

I've always wanted an X'eye, but since I have a CDX there's no point in looking for one. If I ran across one for $20 though i'd buy it.

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
68k said:
Wow good deal on that.

I've always wanted an X'eye, but since I have a CDX there's no point in looking for one. If I ran across one for $20 though i'd buy it.

It was about 2 years ago when I got it but it's one of my more vivid flea market scores. Actually, I had JeffK put the s-video in it a few months ago.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
flea markets here suck. FUCK! I bought a comic book once. The story sucked and it was worth nothing.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
flea markets here suck. FUCK! I bought a comic book once. The story sucked and it was worth nothing.

Swap meets in my area are suck for the most part too. These people know the value of their stuff and are stingy on making deals.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
flea markets here, everyone is mexican and they pretend to either not know english or they don't know it at all and unless you know spanish you're getting screwed out of money. last time i went was with my friend jose and we got a bunch of new N64 games (new back then) for like $10 a pop, diddy kong racing, mario kart, rogue squadron and stuff. that's the only good find i've had at one though.

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
I've only had positive experiences at flea markets around here, you can always find a diamond in the rough.

Never knew there were so many bad markets in the US.

aria

Former Moderator
I totally misread the title and thought you bought a $250 lighter.

I was thinking that must be one hell of a Zippo.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Bobak said:
I totally misread the title and thought you bought a $250 lighter.

I was thinking that must be one hell of a Zippo.

Hah, I did the same thing. :D

All the swap meets around here are surprisingly terrible. The Orange County Marketplace, the Roadium, the OCC Swap Meet...

The only good swap meet there is in SoCal I know of is at the Rose Bowl.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Nice, i miss market places, there seems to be none here.