Car Enthusiast Thread

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I actually usually pick a copy of Diesel Power every now and then when they have articles on the Audi R10.

I'll have to pick up this month's.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
woo new page.

so i just found a direct bolt in watt's link for my car.

at $700 i think i'll pass for now.

also i feel like the 5th gen camaro is not what the 3rd, 4th, and even 2nd were.

its just too damn big. maybe when im older. but i was hoping for a monza, not a chevelle.

Last edited:

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
woo new page.

so i just found a direct bolt in watt's link for my car.

at $700 i think i'll pass for now.

also i feel like the 5th gen camaro is not what the 3rd, 4th, and even 2nd were.

its just too damn big. maybe when im older. but i was hoping for a monza, not a chevelle.

Thats why I'm ordering a challenger. I was hoping for something a little lighter in the camaro to make it a real screamer as far as performance goes to offset my feelings about the looks. It'll still be a faster car than the challenger rt I just ordered, but my benchracing says not by enough to make me excited about it like I am the challenger.

Plus, and this is just speculation by me at this point, I'm betting the base ss price exceeds the challenger rt base price price by quite a bit.

Can't wait for her to arrive :D

Matt

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
The second half of the current Top Gear series can't come soon enough!

2aijz9c.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ25Oy55K_A

:lol:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
The second half of the current Top Gear series can't come soon enough!

2aijz9c.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ25Oy55K_A

:lol:

I actually like the look of the gumpert, its completely ridiculous, but maybe thats what appeals to me.

I've seen Challengers on the road and in dealerships, didn't even know it was out yet.

As for the Camaro, the one thing they did get right is it has independent suspension unlike its ford rival. Although Top Gear isn't a credible source they're claiming it as a Monaro in a new suit, which there is nothing wrong with.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
its similar to the monaro and g8 zeta platform. but updated. its zeta 2 for the camaro.

the irs is beefy, as well as the chassis.

but the transmissions are almost at their maximum. what the fuck is that about.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Thats why I'm ordering a challenger. I was hoping for something a little lighter in the camaro to make it a real screamer as far as performance goes to offset my feelings about the looks. It'll still be a faster car than the challenger rt I just ordered, but my benchracing says not by enough to make me excited about it like I am the challenger.

Plus, and this is just speculation by me at this point, I'm betting the base ss price exceeds the challenger rt base price price by quite a bit.

Can't wait for her to arrive :D

Matt

Edit: Just found the answer to my question, looks like you can get a manual. Very sweet.

Last edited:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
hell. they need this...

it's what the english said about combining all their automakers. we've seen this before and it ruined the british car because of it. the scraps were picked up by ford. do we want to see the scraps of this picked up by toyota and honda? a japanese made mustang? a corvette built by fuji heavy industries in gunma, japan? i don't think so guys. something inherently unamerican could come from this. and something inherently wrong as well.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
it's what the english said about combining all their automakers. we've seen this before and it ruined the british car because of it. the scraps were picked up by ford. do we want to see the scraps of this picked up by toyota and honda? a japanese made mustang? a corvette built by fuji heavy industries in gunma, japan? i don't think so guys. something inherently unamerican could come from this. and something inherently wrong as well.
Yep, exactly my point.

If anything, more competition would be good. Otherwise, we'll see more and more strikes.

Watch these videos, NeoSneth (if you haven't already). YES, THIS COULD HAPPEN TO US!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAWH0EfMDfc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHtwY3_P9hE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YltxeGCJYVw&feature=related

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
they should just but the damn corvette engine in everything that's not a sedan....

ford and GM

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Edit: Just found the answer to my question, looks like you can get a manual. Very sweet.

Yeah. I ordered an RT in orange and the manual with track pack is the only option I got. It'll be a while though. Probably not until november/december.

Matt

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Yeah. I ordered an RT in orange and the manual with track pack is the only option I got. It'll be a while though. Probably not until november/december.

Matt
It'll be worth the wait. Congratulations! I'm very envious. :)

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Fords kills...

link to article

Pininfarina, Italian Designer Chief, Dies in Accident (Update1)

By Marco Bertacche

Aug. 7 (Bloomberg) -- Andrea Pininfarina, chief executive officer of Pininfarina SpA, a designer of sports cars including Ferrari Testarossas and Fiat SpA's Alfa Spider, died in an accident today. He was 51.

Pininfarina died instantly after his Vespa scooter collided with a Ford Fiesta about 8:15 a.m. in Trofarello near the northern city of Turin, Italy, said police official Luigi Semenzato. A company spokeswoman declined to give more details.

The auto-design company, founded in 1930 by Andrea's grandfather Battista Pinin Farina, has developed cars for Fiat unit Ferrari SpA for more than 50 years. It's currently working on five vehicles, including Ford Motor Co.'s Focus Coupe Cabriolet and Fiat's Alfa Brera. The company, based in Turin, posted losses in the past four years as production costs exceeded orders from clients.

Pininfarina was leading the company's attempt to restructure and restore profit. As part of their turnaround strategy, Pininfarina is planning to sell 100 million euros ($155 million) of new shares to existing investors, French billionaire Vincent Bollore and India's Tata Motors Ltd.

``The market now is speculating about a potential sale of the company,'' said Luca Sega, who helps manage 300 million euros ($464 million) at Aperta Sgr in Milan.

The shares rose as much as 9.8 percent to 6.60 euros in Milan trading today before being suspended for excessive gains. Pininfarina has lost 72 percent in the past 12 months, leaving the company with a market value of 61 million euros. That compares with a 28 percent decline of Italy's MIBTEL stock index.

Turnaround Strategy

The Italian car designer's 2007 loss widened to 114.9 million euros in 2007 from 21.9 million euros a year earlier, after writedowns of 69.6 million euros.

The company, 55 percent owned by the Pininfarina family, in December announced an electric-car joint venture with France's Groupe Bollore and is seeking to boost its engineering business to restore earnings.

Pininfarina was one of the two sons of Sergio Pininfarina, who is honorary chairman of the company and an Italian senator for life. Andrea's younger brother Paolo is Pininfarina's vice chairman and his sister Lorenza sits on the board.

``I'm deeply saddened,'' Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi said in an e-mailed statement. Italy ``loses a leading personality of the country's industrial life and the representative of a dynasty that did so much for the made-in Italy brand around the world.''

Pininfarina was appointed CEO in 2001 and was a member of the board of Italy's biggest employers lobby, Confindustria.

He's survived by his wife Cristina Pellion di Persano and three children. He also was a board member at Finmeccanica SpA's Alenia Aeoronautica SpA unit and furniture-maker Poltrona Frau SpA.

To contact the reporter on this story: Marco Bertacche in Milan at mbertacche@bloomberg.net.

Scooter?!?!?

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
evap core went bad in the grand cherokee.

same thing was wrong with the cherokee and the dakota.

mopar
icon13.gif

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
i just did the whole seafoam treatment on my car.

3/4 can in a 3/4 full gas tank.

half a can in the oil, and half a can into a vacuum line.

tons of smoke later, the car seems to be idling much nicer. usually after running it at high rpms for a while, itll have a rough idle. but it wasnt doing it at all.

im going to drive it around a few more miles before i do the oil change.

i also gotta say, pourin it into the vacuum line was an experience. first hearing it suckin air through the funnel wasnt the best sound to hear your car make (i know its nothing bad, just sayin) and then with every pour it felt like it was dieing a little. and the last big pour to stall it, man, i felt like i was putting my car down.:crying: