Car Enthusiast Thread

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
bump.

also;

pic090608_2.jpg

he and his passenger walked away with some bruising from the seatbelt.

That will buff out.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Actually a short ram (:smirk:) - but is his car turbo?

i don't remember if his car is or not. i think it might be the GTUS which i don't remember if it was turbo or not. i forgot all my RX7 shit a while back.

khyron

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Nope :( I got rid of it for a few reasons 1. motor went (I know I know rotories are unreliable) and 2. I drive too hard for such I nice ride. When I pay off my daily driver I dont know what I will do as far as car wise, I may or may not get another.

If I do get another car it is going to be a ratted out shit box with nice motor, suspension one seat and a roll cage I do too much drifting, autocross, 1/4 mile and 1/8 mile racing to warrant luxuries like interior and shit.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
bump.

the mustang doesnt seem like its much different. that camo covered one looked somewhat interesting though.

corvette is going on a 1 week break, and theyre lowering it to 15cars/hr from 18.5. 75 workers being laid off.
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/15/chevy-to-temporarily-halt-vette-production-due-to-economy/

anyone get anything new or do anything with their car recently?

last friday i started getting an intermittent misfire. ive got new coils, wires, and plugs to go in. i think its a fouled plug from seafoaming, but it could be a bad coil (theyre stock,) or bad wire (one was pretty close to the manifold.)

if that doesnt do it ill pop out the injectors and see what theyre up to. low compression wouldnt be intermittent right? im pretty sure its ignition though.

ive also got a bunch of other shit to go in. new bump stops! poly pan hard bar bushings, 14.4:1 z28 steering rack (vs 16.9:1,) new moog tie rod ends, 1le 1 piece aluminum driveshaft (11.5lbs vs 34lbs for the stock 2 piece.) poly rear sway bar bushings/end links. lt1 auto transmission crossmember so i can use the poly mount i bought earlier, and ill get that torque arm bushing in one of these days.

only stuff left thats not appearance will be tubular front a-arms, ls1 or c5 front brake upgrade, and then a v8 or complete rebuild of the sixer.

i fixed up the caprice a bit. the windshield had a leak, and the drivers side weatherstripping had deteriorated. did some temp caulk work and fabbed up some weatherstripping, no more leaks. still need to do the front brakes, rear shocks, and find a front sway bar.

i've been reading about the LG4 engine in it. it looks like full exhaust is really important for performance. the stock manifolds are terrible. id like to replace it all but i dont want it to sound obnoxious. im going to replace the clutch fan with an electric one. id like to rebuild over the winter. p&p the heads, cam/valvetrain, etc. then il tackle the body in the summer.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
bump.

the mustang doesnt seem like its much different. that camo covered one looked somewhat interesting though.

corvette is going on a 1 week break, and theyre lowering it to 15cars/hr from 18.5. 75 workers being laid off.
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/15/chevy-to-temporarily-halt-vette-production-due-to-economy/

anyone get anything new or do anything with their car recently?

last friday i started getting an intermittent misfire. ive got new coils, wires, and plugs to go in. i think its a fouled plug from seafoaming, but it could be a bad coil (theyre stock,) or bad wire (one was pretty close to the manifold.)

if that doesnt do it ill pop out the injectors and see what theyre up to. low compression wouldnt be intermittent right? im pretty sure its ignition though.

ive also got a bunch of other shit to go in. new bump stops! poly pan hard bar bushings, 14.4:1 z28 steering rack (vs 16.9:1,) new moog tie rod ends, 1le 1 piece aluminum driveshaft (11.5lbs vs 34lbs for the stock 2 piece.) poly rear sway bar bushings/end links. lt1 auto transmission crossmember so i can use the poly mount i bought earlier, and ill get that torque arm bushing in one of these days.

only stuff left thats not appearance will be tubular front a-arms, ls1 or c5 front brake upgrade, and then a v8 or complete rebuild of the sixer.

i fixed up the caprice a bit. the windshield had a leak, and the drivers side weatherstripping had deteriorated. did some temp caulk work and fabbed up some weatherstripping, no more leaks. still need to do the front brakes, rear shocks, and find a front sway bar.

i've been reading about the LG4 engine in it. it looks like full exhaust is really important for performance. the stock manifolds are terrible. id like to replace it all but i dont want it to sound obnoxious. im going to replace the clutch fan with an electric one. id like to rebuild over the winter. p&p the heads, cam/valvetrain, etc. then il tackle the body in the summer.

I don't like that Seafoam - its basically putting water in your cylinders.

My Accord ran like shit after... I had to put it in the brake booster line on there.

Changed the diffs, tranny and x-fer case fluids on my rig.

Thats all the interesting I did.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
its made of petroleum.

shouldnt cause any harm by itself. my car has run just fine if not better since doing it, except for the misfire of course. i put it though a vacuum line, in the gas tank, and in the crank case.

changed my oil and filter after, as well as my fuel filter. now i just gotta get the spark plugs i suppose.

i also did a radiator flush with some special flushing stuff around the same time. i think i mentioned it. anyway, so far so good, it hasnt gunked up yet.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
its made of petroleum.

shouldnt cause any harm by itself. my car has run just fine if not better since doing it, except for the misfire of course. i put it though a vacuum line, in the gas tank, and in the crank case.

changed my oil and filter after, as well as my fuel filter. now i just gotta get the spark plugs i suppose.

i also did a radiator flush with some special flushing stuff around the same time. i think i mentioned it. anyway, so far so good, it hasnt gunked up yet.

Dude, you mixed that with your oil?

You know will cause cylinder wash, right?

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
deposits blah blah, w/e.

i havent had any problems afaik, and if i do, its motivation to rebuild.

im pretty sure the company wouldnt explicitly tell you to use it if it caused the damage the few naysayers say it will. maybe you had a bad experience, i didnt.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
deposits blah blah, w/e.

i havent had any problems afaik, and if i do, its motivation to rebuild.

im pretty sure the company wouldnt explicitly tell you to use it if it caused the damage the few naysayers say it will. maybe you had a bad experience, i didnt.

Red and white bottle?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I ordered compound turbos and head studs for the Ram...

I'll be seeing 80+ PSI soon...

I'm fire ringing and o ringing the head.

My stock internals are good up to 1,000HP and I won't be close to that mark.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
well my issue is more with car dealers than anything. i recently was looking into getting out of my mark VIII and getting into a miata. but being 22 without any sort of established credit, no co-signer, and an older american car to trade in gets you laughed at. but then i remembered i had financed the lincoln had i not? so where's the credit from that?

well it turns out i had gotten it at what's known as a note on lot dealer. meaning they finance based on confidence and job history, so i'd spent a year of my time paying on a car and not getting any benefit from it. so i've gone from dealer to dealer, test driving miatas, and telling them my story. and the finally yesterday at the saturn dealership i learned some valuable information. according to the consumer credit protection act; anything you payfor that has a finance charge or APR has to be reported to credit bureaus upon the buyers request. and that's the law. so now i've opened a whole new can of worms. because i've been paying early, making all my payments and never missing a one.

so i checked my papers, my contract, and terms. there's an APR, a finance charge, and even some "miscellaneous fees" so now i'm going to have to jump down that dealers throat and get my shit taken care of. i didn't know it was legal for such a dealer to exist that doesn't report back to a creditor. but at the same time i guess there's shit out there designed to protect the consumer from such business. though most consumers don't know it in the first place.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
do you have any credit cards?

i started using one when i was 17, for little stuff (of course now its loaded up to pay for my tuition one year.) but its helped build my credit.