Car Enthusiast Thread

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Fucking hate Nissan with a passion. Have a Pathfinder I am waiting to die since I won’t get anything for it now anyway.

Buying that car is the only decision I made that I truly regret in my entire life.

Growing up my mother had a Maxima that was awesome. Or at least that’s how I remember it.

But never again will I buy another Nissan.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Nissan used to be a pretty good company, but they've been awful since they got in bed with Renault.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Fucking hate Nissan with a passion. Have a Pathfinder I am waiting to die since I won’t get anything for it now anyway.

Buying that car is the only decision I made that I truly regret in my entire life.

Growing up my mother had a Maxima that was awesome. Or at least that’s how I remember it.

I’ve always liked the Maxima myself. But every time I watch a Scotty Kilmer video it always scares me away from Nissan in general.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Old Nissan, is best Nissan.
I’d get a Datsun Sylvia without being asked twice.

The Sundance Trucks era, was a great time to be a 4 x 4 enthusiast.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Some of these 60's-70's Italian concept cars are off the hook, what are we going to do with all this future?

Lamborghini Marzal

serveimage

Maserati Boomerang

serveimage

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
640px-Ferrari_Modulo_front-right_Museo_Ferrari.jpg

Ferrari Modulo

I guess in the future we were all going to drive extremely low, difficult to get into, wedge cars.

Instead we mostly drive raised up, easy ingress/egress, bland 'crossover' blobs.

I'd rather have the alternate reality.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

Nissan is still riding on it's legacy reliability. It's partnership with Renault has destroyed their quality over the last 2 decades.
You are not blinded by nostaligia. Your mother's Maxima was awesome and very reliable.

I used to look to Nissan as a safe bet, but I wont touch them again.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Nissan is still riding on it's legacy reliability. It's partnership with Renault has destroyed their quality over the last 2 decades.
You are not blinded by nostaligia. Your mother's Maxima was awesome and very reliable.

That was pretty much the main reason I decided to not go with one of the new z cars. They look like a lot of fun though.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
640px-Ferrari_Modulo_front-right_Museo_Ferrari.jpg

Ferrari Modulo

I guess in the future we were all going to drive extremely low, difficult to get into, wedge cars.

Instead we mostly drive raised up, easy ingress/egress, bland 'crossover' blobs.

I'd rather have the alternate reality.

This is the future I wanted.
761e28134f26f9af913b7298d06a3762.jpg

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I usually don't care for this hot rodding, for lack of a better term, thing, but these are really well done, the old 635 is a beautiful car to begin with.

The 633 and 635C Si is highly sought after in my neck of the woods. For a car from the late 70s/early 80's, the car has held up very well in terms of comfort and speed. One of my favorite options on "the shark" is the built in cooler in between the rear seats.

I'm not a big fan of the car lowered. There's too much on the underbelly that I wouldn't want to try to find after bottoming out the lower. It's bad enough that parts are getting hard to find for this model.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I’m assuming i’l hang onto my shit pathfinder until 2024 (it’s a 2014) model so at least I get 10 years out of the bitch...but damn it hurts. It’s the only car I bought new and certainly the most I ever spent on a car...don’t know what I was thinking.

I got my wife a Highlander which is infinitely nicer in every way imaginable. Happy with Toyota so for my next car i’d like to maybe get a 4Runner...one of those TRD pro editions. They seem pretty damn overpriced, but I test drove 2016 a little while ago and liked it a lot.

Well whatever, certainly won’t be getting one anytime soon.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
I always hated this next picture though - looks like the car is special needs. It reminds me of women with lip fillers - who anywhere thinks these things look good?

View attachment 54646

I kind of understand the appeal in blasting a shitty corsa down the high street or something, but the whole bippu thing is stupid. I saw a guy in a BMW 3 Series with those wheels and the reg plate "GAN 7A". What a fucking melt.

Any of you guys get any major projects done over the summer months?

I refinished an old set of two piece BBS rc90/Style 5’s for my E36. Had the centers powder coated and stripped and polished the barrels myself. What an amazing amount of labor, maybe should have just bought new wheels.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member

Same, I won't touch them. Last Nissan I owned was a 94 300XZTT. Before that I had 2 Z31s and a 72 Datsun 240z. Company has changed drastically.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy

I refinished an old set of two piece BBS rc90/Style 5’s for my E36. Had the centers powder coated and stripped and polished the barrels myself. What an amazing amount of labor, maybe should have just bought new wheels.

I did, I put a 4 inch lift and 35s on my 05 Wrangler with a SYE from advanced adapters.
Also put a roof rack on and a rooftop tent.

IMG_20190726_072326607_HDR~01~01.jpg

I also bought a RZR and did a lift, spacers, roof, windshield and some other crap to it.

IMG_20190829_173741530~01.jpg

Literally went camping every other weekend with one or the other set up.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

It's been too hot. I've got a whole suspension for my car sitting in the garage since spring, and an annoying vibration coming from the rear that I really need to track down before it becomes a real problem. But when it's near 100 degrees for like 4 months straight and the garage has no AC it's hard to deal.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior

The BBS wheels should be looking really clean, any pics?