Car Enthusiast Thread

Sitting a little high, still on stock suspension, been sorting a few other things in the time Ive owned her, and yes I know my headlights need a polish. Its just a toy for country drives around here.

resize jurl.jpg

Last edited:
I like your jeep Montatez. When I was a kid I was into prerunners hard so its taken me some time to appreciate Jeeps and the like. I can not get into any modern off road wheels, in my old age Im starting to like stock wheels on a lot of things.

It's been too hot. I've got a whole suspension for my car sitting in the garage since spring, and an annoying vibration coming from the rear that I really need to track down before it becomes a real problem. But when it's near 100 degrees for like 4 months straight and the garage has no AC it's hard to deal.

Sounds like Niko. Man I get too tempted when Ive got parts like that waiting, exciting parts, I'll go sweat it out a few hours at a time in the morning or evenings. I find it can be tough to get motivated for some things and the heat just zaps that further, Ive had new subframe and trailing arm bushings for that e36 sitting in the garage for 2 years now, hard to get motivated for an install like that.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Sitting a little high, still on stock suspension

Fuck the low riders, my car was lowered by the previous owner to what most consider the "perfect" height and I'm scraping like a motherfucker anytime there's a dip in the road. I have to watch out when I'm doing some quick transitions if the road isn't perfectly flat since I have to worry about my suspension bottoming out. It sucks and I really need to find the time to put the stock springs on it. I'd say your car height looks perfect as is, if you want to do some suspension upgrades look into some firmer shocks, but don't overdo it or you'll lose some of the character of driving a BMW. Maybe some good Bilsteins.

Yeah Im an old man, Its just coming down a little bit, there is a bit more front fender gap than that pic really shows. Just some koni’s or bilstien’s with mild h&r springs and some of the chassis stiffening stuff that bmw’s require.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
My Jeep runs billsteins and I couldn't be happier. My whole family runs them on our off-road rigs. They are the best shocks we have found so far.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Sitting a little high, still on stock suspension, been sorting a few other things in the time Ive owned her, and yes I know my headlights need a polish. Its just a toy for country drives around here.

View attachment 54999

What E36 is that? (318/323/325/328)?

I don't drive my 328 much since my daughter was born, but still have it in the garage.

Just a 323 cabrio, a little putt putt car. It wasnt the car I was looking for but once I read the history and heard its story and saw the condition and how it was optioned I was very interested. I actually walked away after the test drive to think on it a few days knowing it would probably be gone super fast. But then the owner called me an hour later and asked why I didnt make an offer, he felt the car was going to a good home with me, so we worked it out in the end.

Its grown on me a bunch, but now I definitely want a faster one, a hard top beater coupe IS or M is next. But I think this 323 is going to the grave with me. Its got too much going for it to ever sell, especially since they are worth so little.

Last edited:

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior

View attachment 54999

Wheels are looking very sharp!!
The e46 cars are some of the nicest ever and that is a really clean convertable.

You should be able to find some H&R springs that lower the car just a bit, so you dont really have to worry about bumps.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Fuck the low riders, my car was lowered by the previous owner to what most consider the "perfect" height and I'm scraping like a motherfucker anytime there's a dip in the road. I have to watch out when I'm doing some quick transitions if the road isn't perfectly flat since I have to worry about my suspension bottoming out. It sucks and I really need to find the time to put the stock springs on it. I'd say your car height looks perfect as is, if you want to do some suspension upgrades look into some firmer shocks, but don't overdo it or you'll lose some of the character of driving a BMW. Maybe some good Bilsteins.

Have you checked to see if your springs or shocks are toast?
If the car isn't slammed, you should still get a nice ride if it was lowered correctly.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Have you checked to see if your springs or shocks are toast?
If the car isn't slammed, you should still get a nice ride if it was lowered correctly.

The ride is fine, it's just the front only has a few inches of clearance and I live and it makes me scrape going into or coming out of steep parking lots. Otherwise it handles like a dream. I've got full replacement suspension with stock springs that's been sitting around, just haven't put them on yet. Probably going to order some Bilstein shocks/struts to go with them.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
2019 Nissan Armada SL

I've had the pleasure of driving around in one of these fellas the past few days...and I can say that I really, REALLY like the thing. I has a few typical Nissan issues, but they're few and far between. This was the mid line Sl version so it had leather seats, nav, some other power bells/whistles lie rain sensing wipers, sunroof, power tailgate, upgraded stereo to name a few. The vehicle is fairly quiet, has very comfortable (but slightly stiff) seating, has plenty of power (390 to be exact), stops well and handles...well...moderately well give the size of the thing (for reference, the thing has the same 275/60 R20 tires my Ram 1500 came with). My combined driving and mild lead foot got me and average of 18 mpg...again, not terrible given the bulk of the thing.

Of all the rental cars I've had at this point, this is the only one I'd give very heavy thought to owning...but I never would given the $50K price tag on it. A used one can be had for about $40K with under 20,000 miles on it...but that's still a bit much.

Still...a very enjoyable vehicle to drive, I really liked it.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Dude, if you're seriously thinking about buying a Nissan in 2019 I implore you to go read the reviews of people who have had models from the past 5 years or so. They're more Renault than Nissan now.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Dude, if you're seriously thinking about buying a Nissan in 2019 I implore you to go read the reviews of people who have had models from the past 5 years or so. They're more Renault than Nissan now.

I'm not buying anything anytime soon...I was saying that I like the Armada is all.

*EDIT*
As a matter of fact, just put new tires on my truck. I got around 55K miles on a set of LT tires, not too shabby.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

very much this.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
When did BMW reliability go to shit? There's a laundry list of recalls and known catastrophic issues with every model I have looked into.. The last 10 years all seem plagued by some really touchy components. Fascinating engineering while sacrificing reliability.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Early 2000's I think? I was once told by a BMW mechanic to never buy one built after around 2001 or something, I don't remember the exact year.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Modern BMWs are endless money pits full of over-engineered plastic garbage.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So the transmission finally failed on my 2014 Pathfinder with 59k miles on it...while I was merging onto the freeway nonetheless. Thankfully got home safely.

Of course I was beyond the 5 years covered by warranty (bought it in late 2013). Thankfully because it’s such a shit car Nissan extended the warranty to 84k miles so the transmission got replaced for free....otherwise would have been more than $5k to fix.

Fuck Nissan

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yeah, that's unacceptable. My old Infiniti had multiple problems. When a woman crashed her Camry into it and totaled the thing, she actually did me a solid. No more Nissans for me either.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Those Jatco transmissions are complete garbage and the main reason I tell people to stay away from newer Nissans.

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
When did BMW reliability go to shit? There's a laundry list of recalls and known catastrophic issues with every model I have looked into.. The last 10 years all seem plagued by some really touchy components. Fascinating engineering while sacrificing reliability.

My wife's 17 430 is a piece of shit. 30k miles and there is so many little things wrong with it.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
X5M everyday driver
Porsche 911 Targa weekend
Wife = Porsche Macan GTS

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
X5M everyday driver
Porsche 911 Targa weekend
Wife = Porsche Macan GTS

Since you left News & Rumors is just any news, not necessarily Neo Geo related. It was even dropped from the subforum's description. Dark times.