Car enthusiasts: What kind of people does your vehicle get attention from?

I was having this discussion the other day with a friend.

‘04 Silverado SS got all kinds of young bro dudes or young redneck dudes attention everywhere I went.

‘98 E36 Cabrio got random conversations and attention exclusively from middle aged women.

‘84 el camino I just bought gets all kinds of unwanted attention I never planned on. Its the kind of car that cops pull over just to talk to you about. Also Im treated like a celebrity at the local redneck flea market. Random waves and woo’s too. Really dislike the attention this car gets.

What kind of people does your vehicle seem to attract? Does it make you like the vehicle less? Is it a positive or negative to owning that car?

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
85 monte carlo - elderly black men, or young white rednecks.
84 GMC pickup - elderly black men, or young white rednecks.
04 piece of shit nissan sentra with a huge "honk if you hate Michale Graves" sticker on the back - people who hate Michale Graves.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
74 Ford Hardtop - people hit their horns, zig zag through traffic to get next to me. Going through town it turns a lot of heads. Difficult to say if its a lingering Mad Max love, the overall sound and black paint or if it is just so different to what is on the road nowadays.
Similar to the below -

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220108-065553_Samsung Internet-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220108-065553_Samsung Internet-01.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 24

666ela

mobwife
94 saab 300s convertible. once another guy in a saab honked at me in solidarity.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
The closest thing to a nice car I've ever owned was a Navy 2006 Lincoln LS V8, and it only ever got attention from like the 3 other LS drivers in my city or bro dudes wanting to race

If you want to be stopped by people constantly then buy a Jeep, driving around in my brother's lifted Cherokee XJ would cause every other Jeep driver in the area to wave, honk, follow us and stop us in parking lots to talk about jeeps. On two separate occasions he was handed a business card with info on joining two local, completely separate Jeep clubs. It got pretty silly at times, glad he sold it

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Honda Fit - Trader Joe's moms

04 piece of shit nissan sentra with a huge "honk if you hate Michale Graves" sticker on the back - people who hate Michale Graves.
The architect?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
08 MX-5 At lights, questions vary from what is it to what did I do to it by guys. Driving it, girls like to wave at me.

14 Cruze No one gaf.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
300C - Other owners and black people tend to appreciate it. I keep it garaged, clean and waxed so it almost always looks sharp. Common car so it doesn't draw much attention which I like.

Mustang GT Convertible - Middle aged white guys and some younger gear heads will comment or give a thumbs up. It's in better shape than 95% of other new edge 'stangs and only has 50k miles. Good vibes cruising around and can't beat that exhaust note.

When I had my 2002 WS6 vert I would get pulled over constantly and people trying to race. Same problem with my 3KGT VR4. I do miss those cars though, especially the WS6.

Enjoy those V8s while you still can...

If you want to be stopped by people constantly then buy a Jeep, driving around in my brother's lifted Cherokee XJ would cause every other Jeep driver in the area to wave, honk, follow us and stop us in parking lots to talk about jeeps. On two separate occasions he was handed a business card with info on joining two local, completely separate Jeep clubs. It got pretty silly at times, glad he sold it

This is exactly why I asked the question, no fucking way. Not that I would ever even consider owning a dodge product but wow, fuck
I was super super close to buying my girl a honda fit once, looks like I dodged the bullet of her becoming a feminist lesbian

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member

The architect?
Replacement/ ex-singer for the 90s incarnation of the misfits. Major proud boy Florida trash, easy to trigger online. My buddy made the stickers and tagged him in an instagram post and he went full 8th grader meltdown on him

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Oh shit. I didn't see this thread for real, lol. I just posted another car thread, :ROFLMAO:

Many times ive considered owning a gen 4 or 5 corvette. But the clique of usual vette owners is honestly enough to keep me from ever buying one.

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
91 Civic Hatchback: got compliments from people of all walks of life.

97 Lexus ls400: mostly older black guys complimenting it lol

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
This is exactly why I asked the question, no fucking way. Not that I would ever even consider owning a dodge product but wow, fuck

I think it's mostly if you look like you put work into it, but yeah the "Jeep Wave" is definitely a thing lol

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
911 Carrera S
Everyone. I've had all sorts of people talk about the car at stop signs, gas stations, parking lots.
Notably, i dont think any women have asked about it.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I had a lotus elise nearly 20 years ago now and other lotus elise owners would always flash their lights at me and we'd grin broadly at each other in recognition that two of them were working at the same time

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
91 RX-7: Police
84 RX-7: Mostly teenagers in clapped out Civics wanting to race. I ignored them but usually won by accident. Occasionally get a nod or a thumbs up from old guys in BMWs who probably owned one in the past.
96 Miata: When I first got it, it was the old guys that loved it. Now, teenagers and such like it and strike up conversations, and I usually hate their cars. Kids LOVE it.
06 Mazdaspeed 6: Few people know what this is but I often get questions about what it is or comments that it's so pretty. The only people who seem to know what it is are guys in shitbox WRX's who want to race. Motherfucker, don't you see the child's seat in the back?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
93 Corolla sedan: With a cone filter directly on the throttle body this thing gets looks from literally everyone. Common reactions include but are not limited to: confusion, amazement, bewilderment, anger

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Surprisingly, the only comments I ever got were from my Honda Element. No one cares about my minivan/SUV whatever.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
The closest thing to a nice car I've ever owned was a Navy 2006 Lincoln LS V8, and it only ever got attention from like the 3 other LS drivers in my city or bro dudes wanting to race

I have an 05 LS sport V8.
I mostly get attention from black people and gold diggers.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Junkies … i drive an Suv and they stole my catalytic converters .

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
The Miata mainly gets comments from other Miata people (it’s an NA so I can do the “wave”) and for some stupid reason a LOT of white dudes in their 50s and 60s want to know what the fuel economy is…which puzzles me. “It must get great fuel economy”. No, it doesn’t. It’s an open roadster with a 4.30:1 final drive. It *may* get 27MPG if for some reason you bought a Miata to drive only in straight lines on the highway which wouldn’t make much sense.

The VW I current have and all the ones I’ve ever had, “Is that a diesel?”

The Fit I have now has some extremely classic wheels on it and people like that. I didn’t expect so many comments, honestly, and usually those aren’t too bad. I tell usually them “Yeah, good looking wheels cost the same as gross ones, I don’t know why these aren’t better sellers.”

9D3B9D7D-A796-4925-AB63-6C8DBA62A5FF.jpeg

Reactions: Syn

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
I have an 05 LS sport V8.
I mostly get attention from black people and gold diggers.

I actually love the LS to be honest, it's a handsome looking car and it could really go when you wanted it to. I'd probably still own it if I didn't get it written off in a minor fender-bender (insurance said it'd cost 2k for a single headlight alone lmbo). Definitely not an economical car in anyway, especially with the Jaguar V8