Castlevania Animated Series - On Netflix

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I just finished watching through S1 & 2.

Really enjoyed it, Having never played any of the Castlevania games I had no idea of any of the inner workings of the story but realized that the series seems to be starting somewhere in the middle.
Despite that it was easy to follow and enjoyable.

I have been saying for months that I am going to actually play the originals and start working through them so I can maybe get a bit more back story on the whole thing so its been decided that I will be firing up the NES tomorrow to make a start :p

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
The second season was kinda mix bag. Episodes 6 and 7 were great. Alucard turning into wolf.. just amazing fighting scenes. Also in episodes 6 and 7 there were no bad attempt to crack jokes. Tone in first season was better.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
wow they remembered hector :keke:

Curse of Darkness is the only Castlevania game I've never finished (recently completed Chronicles on PSX for the first time a month or two ago). It was so goddamned boring.

titchgamer said:

Really enjoyed it, Having never played any of the Castlevania games I had no idea of any of the inner workings of the story but realized that the series seems to be starting somewhere in the middle.

I have been saying for months that I am going to actually play the originals and start working through them so I can maybe get a bit more back story on the whole thing so its been decided that I will be firing up the NES tomorrow to make a start

Okay, so first of all....

...the series doesn't really 'start in the middle.' Trevor is pretty much the first Belmont that matters. Lament of Innocence for PS2 takes place before Dracula's Curse but it is a soft retcon of the continuity. It's not even really a very good Castlevania game but if you really get invested in the series, you might want to check it out as long as you can find the game at a reasonable price. Don't overspend, though.

Second...

...how have you never played a Castlevania game?

Play them in order of release/publication starting with Castlevania on the NES. Don't pick them in the order that interests you. Don't avoid some because they're from the 8 bit era.

PLAY THEM IN THE CORRECT GODDAMN ORDER OR ELSE!!!!

Make us proud. Don't let us down.

Gran Torinio.jpg

Last edited:

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I dunno I just never really got into them.

But the last year or 2 I just keep thinking to myself I need to play that!!

But yes I plan to start on the NES versions tomorrow.

Dont think I will be able to play all of em like but I will do what I can LOL

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I dunno I just never really got into them.

But the last year or 2 I just keep thinking to myself I need to play that!!

But yes I plan to start on the NES versions tomorrow.

Dont think I will be able to play all of em like but I will do what I can LOL

Sam Kinison.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

I have been saying for months that I am going to actually play the originals and start working through them so I can maybe get a bit more back story on the whole thing so its been decided that I will be firing up the NES tomorrow to make a start :p

How have you not played the greatest video game series of all time?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Curse of Darkness is the only Castlevania game I've never finished (recently completed Chronicles on PSX for the first time a month or two ago). It was so goddamned boring.

I'd rather play Curse of Darkness than 64 or Legacy of Darkness, and I actually finished the latter.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I'd rather play Curse of Darkness than 64 or Legacy of Darkness, and I actually finished the latter.

I finished the two N64 games as well. They were bad but they didn't bore me.

Curse of Darkness was just so dull.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
May be waiting a while, I hear they are busy with your president and his associates :p

Yep, and without pictures you'll be considered illegitimate until they're done with all that.

And after I gave you all that advice. I feel like Thulsa Doom in Conan the Barbarian.