Castlevania movie?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
dumb idea. Bu I guess originality is out of the question these days.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
I rather see an anime film adaption of Castlevania starring Leon Belmont from Lament of Innocence (Supposely the first Belmont) or Christopher Belmont from the GB games of Adventure/Belmont's Revenge and make it all bloody, dark and gritty like Vampire Hunter D/Vampire Hunter D: Blood Lust. Get the Star Trek: The Next Generation cast to do the voices like Michael Dorn, Marina Sirtis, Levar Burton, Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, Colm Meaney, Geneviève Bujold from Voyager, Keith David from Gargoyles and David Warner from Tron because they really have great voice acting and they were awesome in the Gargoyles cartoon series. Sonia Belmont from Legends was removed from the Castlevania timeline by Konami and so was Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness and Castlevania 64.

Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness and Castlevania 64 are both set a few years apart but are the same game and originally were one game called Dracula 3D for the Nintendo 64DD but they were seperated into two games instead. :(

Keith David should voice Count Dracula (Vlad Tepes/Mathias Cronqvist) or play as a Belmont or maybe a big monster or a devil forge master like Hector from Curse of Darkness.

Anyway a live Castlevania film just won't work or be any good. Either make it into an anime film (OVA) and let Madhouse anime it like they did Cyber City Oedo 808 OVA or have Konami make a full CGI film like Resident Evil: Damnation like Capcom/Sony did. :D

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
What happened to the project Warren Ellis was writing for?

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
It has enuf source material/story to be really cool, but like everything else Hollywood gets it hands on... It will likely suck!

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
hopefully Simon Belmont will be played by Michael Dorn or Samuel Jackson

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Hope this is as awesome as house of the dead.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Sure, if it's in the context of a sequel in the Indiana Jones series.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
j66bo.jpg

Ukee

Geese's Thug
I have been dreading this day for over 10 years... I must go pray now.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Hasn't the Castlevania franchise suffered enough already? You'd figure that a decade plus of shitty, 3D games would be enough torment. But, no. No. Now let's fuck it up real good with a live action movie.

Fuck you, Konami. Fuck you.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Counselor Troi and Worf in the Castlevania movie! They should try to get Alexander too.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
As long as they don't try to do a video game tie-in...
;)

I'd rather see a Metroid movie though.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Joneo: The Metroid movie was called Alien, it came out in 1978... The original team have stated most of the inspiration for the game, the female lead, and self destruct sequence at the end was loosely based on it. If you want a good laugh tho, watch "Streets of Fire" (1984) Capcom based some of the characters and story of Final Fight on that horrible movie.

220px-Streetsposterart.jpg

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Dorn would play a pretty decent werewolf.

Is this the Paul W.S. Anderson project? Or is this someone else? Gonna have to go research.