CD games on PCE GT/TE

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I have one coming in the mail from Ukraine. Looking forward to save states so I can play through some games I can't commit to in one sitting.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
This makes me wish I had a PCE Shuttle. Its lack of expansion ports is finally not an issue.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
The major complaint (mono audio) is a non-issue on a portable. That's cool.
Too bad it ain't gonna work on systems with CD built-in. Buy the coregrafxes of the world before prices shoot up.

Is this an SSD3 killer?
Yes this is done by someone competent with a good track record

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Too bad it ain't gonna work on systems with CD built-in. Buy the coregrafxes of the world before prices shoot up.

Also the guy that ghosted me after I asked where the controllers I bought were at and could I have a working tracking number.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Is the stereo problem something that can be fixed via firmware updates or is it a hardware issue?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member

Would it work on the PC Engine Uno?

1680417974262.png

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Mono cd sound makes this a easy pass especially for the price.

If a major price drop occurs I'd get one for the Express. Very disappointing.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Mono cd sound makes this a easy pass especially for the price.

If a major price drop occurs I'd get one for the Express. Very disappointing.
From older Twitter posts it sounded like krikzz was considering a stereo audio output on the card. I guess that ideas was scrapped, or is a dongle still coming? (Not sure if there's any plug/port included for it.)

I don't really care about the CD support personally. I'm still using real games or CDR's. The save states were the main selling point for me.

For those who have moved on from discs though, I agree that stereo sound would make this a very compelling alternative to the TerraOnion thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: wyo

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I got Turbo Everdrive Pro yesterday, and gave it a try.

I did get a glitch playing Toy Shop Boys. Pressing Run to pause, or maybe opening the in-game menu, caused all sprites to disappear, and I could not get them back without resetting.

Also, I tried the Jackal NES conversion and noticed the in-game menu won't open at all. The select/run reset code isn't enabled in the game either. It's probably the case on the old Everdrive too. It's interesting, and I never noticed it before.

yoshi41

Crazed MVS Addict
I did get a glitch playing Toy Shop Boys. Pressing Run to pause, or maybe opening the in-game menu, caused all sprites to disappear, and I could not get them back without resetting.

That's in-game menu related. It's seems to be fixed with firmware 1.03.