Champions League 12/13

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Ah yes, another start to the Champions League. Any predictions from y'all today?

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Hopefully we can win at home tonight against Marseille and that will make us go through to the next round. I just hope we don't come in second place in Group F as that would mean a harder team for us.

Chelsea should win away from home to Basel and I could see Celtic getting something from AC Milan tonight.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Hopefully we can win at home tonight against Marseille and that will make us go through to the next round. I just hope we don't come in second place in Group F as that would mean a harder team for us.

Chelsea should win away from home to Basel and I could see Celtic getting something from AC Milan tonight.

God I hope so for Arsenal. Part of me would not be surprised if they wanted to rotate the defense (Monreal, Verm?), but a solid win would be great!

I'm sure Chelski will win today, but I wish Basel would pull one of their shock upsets against them. I know they got it in them.

And by the way, can anyone explain to me what the heck is up with A.C. Milan? 13th in Serie A? Are you kidding me?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Basel gets full points. Chelsea entered the group looking like it was easy to win everything but haven't performed to par.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
I wouldn't be surprised if Basel gets full points. Chelsea entered the group looking like it was easy to win everything but haven't performed to par.

You were right. 0 shots on goal from Chelsea was what I heard, and Salah ran them ragged. Too bad Napoli didn't come back up or else the Gunners would've qualified straightaway. Wilshere's first goal was a doozy!

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Very easy win for us last night, Florian Thauvin in the second half made an immediate change to the game though as he made Szczesny make a great save from the near post, definitely a player to watch out for in the future.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Finally, we'll find out who will round out the Champions League Round of 16. Who's going through dudes?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I would love to see Dortmund get knocked out, even though I do like them as a team. Italy needs to be represented in this tournament. Napoli had a tough group.

No excuse for what happened to Juventus today. Sure, the pitch looked like mud. Yes, it was a fast reschedule after postponement due to catastrophic circumstances. But Juventus just needed to hold Galatasaray off. They ended up losing to a bunch of has-beens.

Can you imagine if Schalke and Dortmund win today? That would be terrible for every other league, as Sepp Blatter and Platino anal rape the silly UEFA coefficients.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
We we're lucky tonight, one more goal from Napoli and that would have been us knocked out.

I do think we had our minds set on other things being the game against Man City on Saturday which could be an interesting spectacle to the premiership title race.

Last edited:

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Full round of 16 draw

Manchester City v Barcelona
Olympiacos v Manchester United
AC Milan v Club Atlético de Madrid
Bayer Leverkusen v Paris Saint-Germain
Galatasaray v Chelsea
FC Schalke 04 v Real Madrid
FC Zenit v Borussia Dortmund
Arsenal v Bayern Munich

Man City vs Barcelona is definitely the highlight of the last 16 draw and Arsenal vs Bayern Munich is going to be tough but you never know as we have beat them before at the Allianz arena.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Wow... Notice that none of the German teams have to play each other.

Now, tell me what uefa was thinking.

All German final?

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Can't be arsed to make a Europa League thread (and no one cares anyways) but Frankfurt just drew a pretty awful round of 32/16. Play Porto, and if you win, probably play Napoli. Have to complain to someone. Although they just won a league match for the first time in fucking two and half months or something so at least there's that.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Yes, but the English and Spanish aren't a bunch of boring krauts.

:lol: Spose so. I reckon we'll have a good game against Barca; we won't just roll over and take it now we've got some confidence.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Nice draw for the CL and some cracking matches to look forward to.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Man city vs barcelona place your bets ,personally I hope barcelona will win.

Mac91

10 Year Member
Tuesday, 7:45 GMT. COME ON CITY!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hope that Barcelona take a massive oily shit all over Mourinho's rat fuck face and then spike stomp his Portuguese loose butthole into the channel, where he gets eaten by halibut and recycled into fish shit.

Which means I hope City lose badly.

Mac91

10 Year Member
Hope that Barcelona take a massive oily shit all over Mourinho's rat fuck face and then spike stomp his Portuguese loose butthole into the channel, where he gets eaten by halibut and recycled into fish shit.

Which means I hope City lose badly.

I like the first bit. A lot.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Mourinho is a twat, end of.

Playing mind games with Wenger and coming off second best.