clock going crazy on mvs

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
turned on the cab today and my settings werent saved. I went into the service menu and the clock is going crazy, like literaly days pass in minutes. Its a 4 slot mvs with a 2.3 uni bios. I've tried clearing the backup ram a few times, but no dice. Any ideas?

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
First try removing all the carts from the slots and see if that makes any difference?

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
yeah but without carts in slots, its in hardware test and you cant see if its still running too fast...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You might need to swap out either the 32.768kHz crystal or calendar chip uPD4990. Check the crystal first, if you don't have the means to then try using snkdan's diagnostic bios. If you need me to burn you one just PM me.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
You might need to swap out either the 32.768kHz crystal or calendar chip uPD4990. Check the crystal first, if you don't have the means to then try using snkdan's diagnostic bios. If you need me to burn you one just PM me.

Very cool of you, i'll defo take you up on that. Seems like a useful tool to have.

It dosent seem to affect any gameplay, do you think it could damage anything else using it in this condition untill i can get it sorted?
Thanks again.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
yeah but without carts in slots, its in hardware test and you cant see if its still running too fast...

indeed, however, if you press player 1 start button 6 times, you should get to "setting up the calendar" screen where you can see the current time. Now, wait ten seconds and press p1 start button 7 more times and compare to what time you see now. if current time is now a little over 10 seconds past the previous time then your problem has something to do with your carts / cart slots.
If a lot more time passed, then the problem has nothing to do with carts or your slots (happens either way)

I´m just saying because of all the kinds of weird stuff I´ve seen happen when one of my carts has dirty contacts.

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
hey! I just checked my mvs mobo, and i got the same "error"... wth? clock is superfast :)
games running fine thou... could we have found a supersweet mod to overclock the clock???
hehe.. but seriously.. this is strange. ill check into it some more too..

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
hey! I just checked my mvs mobo, and i got the same "error"... wth? clock is superfast :)
games running fine thou... could we have found a supersweet mod to overclock the clock???
hehe.. but seriously.. this is strange. ill check into it some more too..

Unibios? Which mobo?