Code of Princess for 3DS Pre-Order

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
Looks like a spiritual successor to Guardian Heroes. Would definitely get this if I had a 3DS.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I had pre-ordered the game a few weeks back after reading about it in Nintendo Power; looking really good, and I'm also a sucker for Nishimura's art style.

megashock_330

Zero's Secretary
ok fine but, is there even any point to havin a 3ds except maybe this game?? :oh_no:

there still seem's to be like zero reasons to get a 3ds :angry: theres like no good game's at all :mad_2:

(also the girlie anime music in teh video made my man parts shrink so small they went back up inside my body :( )

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
ok fine but, is there even any point to havin a 3ds except maybe this game?? :oh_no:

there still seem's to be like zero reasons to get a 3ds :angry: theres like no good game's at all :mad_2:

This is not true.

Resident Evil: Revelations is the best RE game I've played in years.

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D is the best version of Mercenaries that has ever existed.

Tales of the Abyss, while not new, is a worthy adaptation of the original.

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy is addictive as hell.

Rhythm Thief is one of the most unique and engaging games I've played in years.

Ocarina 3DS is, in my opinion, a substantial improvement over the original. Which is a great game anyway.

Super Mario 3D is...well, you know. It's fantastic.

As for CoP, I already prereserved and am very pumped for this. I love Nishimura's art style and, really, just the general whole idea of the game.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
I stumbled on this at Amazon today. It looks awesome! I think I might get a 3DS XL when it comes out, and this game will go great with it.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This is not true.

Resident Evil: Revelations is the best RE game I've played in years.

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D is the best version of Mercenaries that has ever existed.

Tales of the Abyss, while not new, is a worthy adaptation of the original.

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy is addictive as hell.

Rhythm Thief is one of the most unique and engaging games I've played in years.

Ocarina 3DS is, in my opinion, a substantial improvement over the original. Which is a great game anyway.

Super Mario 3D is...well, you know. It's fantastic.

As for CoP, I already prereserved and am very pumped for this. I love Nishimura's art style and, really, just the general whole idea of the game.

Still a pretty short list to buy a system over.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member

Not when you count how many hours you get out of each one and add them up; that's the true benchmark. Besides, we get a new Mario in a couple of weeks, Luigi's mansion and Paper Mario later this year, and Taiso left out Mario Kart. The sequel to 999 from the DS is coming out as a 3DS title (yessss!), along with a new Prof. Layton in Oct/Nov., and that Prof. Layton/Phoenix Wright crossover.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member

The point he made was 'there are no good games for 3DS' and that's not true. There ARE good games for it.

Whether you find the system worth the purchase for a short list of playable titles is a different matter altogether.

And as Renmauzo said, each of the games I mentioned have TONS of hours of gameplay in them and most of them have tremendous replay value as well.

The only REAL problem with the 3DS is the screen size, which is being corrected in 9 days.

Hyperduel

Banned
Even if I'm not a big fan of modern anime styles this look fun. It's funny, I keep sending back my 3DS to Nintendo for a dead pixel on the top screen. When I get it back it is perfect. A few days later another dead pixel appears on the screen. :scratch:

Personally I only own Kid Icarus and Star Fox 3DS. Only two physicals games but with some good digital software in the Nintendo eShop the 3DS is good for once awhile gaming when you have a busy lifestyle.

megashock_330

Zero's Secretary
The only REAL problem with the 3DS is the screen size, which is being corrected in 9 days.

yeah, forgot about that :rolleyes:

"corrected" meaning BUY YET ANOTHER $200 UPGRADED HANDHELD 2 GO WITH TEH HUGE PILE OF OTHER "IMPROVED" DS's, GBAs, & GBs WE GOT U TO BUY BEFORE HAHAHA :rolleyes:

geezzz i swear ninty is still the worst about this :very_ang:

OH DAWG, U BOUGHT A DS, WELL WERE GONNA RELEASE A NEWER, BETTER DS MODEL NOW WHICH HAS FEATURES THAT THE OLD ONE SHOULD OF HAD!! JUST PAY US ANOTHER COUPLE HUNDOS!!!! :glee: :tickled: PROBLEM????? :D :mr_t:

skipped teh 3ds when it first came out & not geting suckered into this racket anymore :angry:

i apreciate u guys letin me know abt this game & i hope u guy's enjoy it but im out :angry:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
this looks awesome

i'm at that time into the life of this system where i'm wishing i never sold mine off/have the desire to buy another

release date october...

right around my bday

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I use the 5 game rule, if you have 5 games I want to play, then its a purchase. granted it make take 3 years for that, but it works for me :D

I use a three game rule. The catch is that none of them can be sequels. For the record, 3DS is still three games away.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The point he made was 'there are no good games for 3DS' and that's not true. There ARE good games for it.

Whether you find the system worth the purchase for a short list of playable titles is a different matter altogether.

And as Renmauzo said, each of the games I mentioned have TONS of hours of gameplay in them and most of them have tremendous replay value as well.

Let's see if it still scratches itself.

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Kinda wish this was on a console or arcade. Beat em' ups are always "couch games" where you just get a bunch of buddies together so you can yell at each other. I'm still not sold on the 3DS. I loved how people bitched about not having a second analog, so they make one then they come out with the XL and you can't use it on that, so why'd they even bother making it in the first place? I could care less about the controls, it's all about the games. The system costs too much for me and the 3D effect didn't really wow me on the few games I tried, then again most new 3D gives me a headache anyway. I'll wait for a price drop or two on the XL before I end up picking one up. By then they'll be enough good games that will dip down in price to grab.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This game is out, and it's beastly.

It would have been so awesome on something with local multiplayer. It plays almost exactly like Guardian Heroes.
The entire package is very worthy of $40. Atlus does it well.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
I got it in the mail a week or so ago, but I still don't have a 3DS to play it on yet... :)

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
I totally agree with SNKorSWM, 3 good games but they must all be originals. Starfox, Zelda, can't count because they are remakes. Even if they are better remakes then the originals. New Super Mario 2 I'd count, so thats one. Castlevania should be two, but since I can't play it I can't say for sure so for now its reserved. Three? Um... Nope not buying one just yet.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I totally agree with SNKorSWM, 3 good games but they must all be originals. Starfox, Zelda, can't count because they are remakes. Even if they are better remakes then the originals. New Super Mario 2 I'd count, so thats one. Castlevania should be two, but since I can't play it I can't say for sure so for now its reserved. Three? Um... Nope not buying one just yet.

Maybe you should look at the game that is thread is named after...

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Looked at it, a little interested... I can't speak for a game I haven't played tho. Thats why I didn't list it as the 3rd reason to own a 3DS right now. I'm closer to buying one with every release don't get me wrong. I'm just always taken back by people who say the system has a great line up of games, I don't feel thats the case (yet).

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Game is awesome.

Virtual store is awesome.

3DS is awesome.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
The 3DS is awesome. Theatrhytm alone is reason to get the system - I adore everything about the game. And there are a bunch of other great games on the system right now. In addition to all the games Taiso has already mentioned, I would also add Kid Icarus, Pilotwings and Star Fox 64...I know some of you guys don't consider remakes, but the game is fantastic and improved in every way imagineable (as is the Zelda remake). i'm also looking forward to getting Code of Princess, the new Layton game, and Zero Escape, Virtues Last Reward.

Plus the eShop has a ton of great stuff as well. So far I have Pushmo, Sakura Samurai, Mutant Mudds, the (newly released) Cave Story, and Mighty Switch Force - all of which are awesome. Looking to get Liberation Maiden, NightSky and Crashmo when it comes out as well.

I bought the original 3ds, then upgraded to the XL and have no complaints or regrets. I've probably spent more time playing my 3ds this year than all my other consoles combined...no kidding.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Bump

Code of Princess will be available for digital download in the 3DS eShop on January 3rd.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Holy Crap, do you guys know how many times ive walked right by this game and ignored it based on the cover. Thanks to this thread I will definitely be going to pick this up!!!!

O.