CoinOpStore Charged with selling Counterfeit Games

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Looks like they may be liquidating, but everything is still a rip off:

http://coinopstore.com/store/

Now everything is unbranded, black only designs. There are other companies that sell cabs with mame or multis, so I'm sure the lawyer s will come looking.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Article said:
Officials said that the proceeds from the sale of the machines may be seized —including $1.2 million in cash, a 2012 Mercedes Benz, a 2015 BMW and five properties.

Damn!

MjAxMi01YjU2N2Y3ZWE3ODllMzcx.png

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
There are other companies that sell cabs with mame or multis, so I'm sure the lawyer s will come looking.

It is hard to know for sure, it is a hot topic on KLOV at times, but there do appear to be some companies that have licensed some games so they can sell a multigame system. Not sure how legit it is, I still consider all emulation in a retail product to be bad. But then we can see in the console space that emulators are being sold legit, so maybe things are changing?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
The Chinaman is the issue here, dude.

childsremix

Overtop Pathfinder
It looks like they no longer list the vewlix clones they were selling. I wonder if the authorities are counting those as counterfeit as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
This is fucking awesome! Fuck that Kingsley motherfucker! Karma Yes!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Got trounced son.

madman

There has to be more to the story than just some bootleg multi-boards. 1.2 mil in cash from a business that operated via the web?

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
There has to be more to the story than just some bootleg multi-boards. 1.2 mil in cash from a business that operated via the web?

They did sell their machines for upwards of $4000 with the games, shipping, and accessories. With only a $1,500 profit per machine, they only need to sell 1,000 to make 1.5 mil profit. They were on amazon, spamming craigslist hard, and shipping anywhere in the USA, so it's not far fetched if they accumulated the sales over a couple years. They claim to make the cabinets in house (all the woodies I assume), so as far as importing they only had to buy the multi's from alibaba, assembly could be done in their warehouse.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I bet you Kingsley fucked with the wrong person & someone ended up snitching on their ass!

*edit*

Looks like Kingsley was involve with some illegal gang activities...This probably lead to this bust.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/bayarea/...-23-Arrested-In-Operation-Gang-Of-9183215.php

Nearly two-dozen people, including a police officer, were arrested Tuesday in connection with a slew of alleged crimes that originated with an investigation into a Vietnamese street gang in San Jose, police said today.

Officers served 34 warrants that led to the arrests of 23 people who were either gang members or associates in an operation dubbed "Gang of Thrones," Chief Eddie Garcia said during a news conference today at police headquarters.

The suspects were arrested on suspicion of various crimes including extortion, public corruption, narcotics trafficking, assault, illegal gun possession and conspiracy, Garcia said.

The investigation began in March when detectives started building a conspiracy case against a Vietnamese criminal street gang with help from the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office, Drug Enforcement Administration and FBI, Garcia said.

Warrants were served in San Jose, Santa Clara, Milpitas, Fremont, Anaheim and an undisclosed location in Louisiana, according to Garcia.

Officers found five handguns, 69 illegal gambling machines, more than $200,000 in U.S. currency, body armor, jewelry, phones, computers, financial records and an alligator, according to Garcia.

A variety of suspected drugs were found: 4,000 Ecstasy pills, 300 Xanax pills, 200 tablets of MDMA or "Molly" as well as illegal steroids, Garcia said.

Of the more than 600 pounds of marijuana seized, 420 pounds came from Louisiana, according to Garcia.

The marijuana found in Louisiana was sent from out of state, said DEA Special Agent in Charge John Martin of the San Francisco division.

Officers also impounded multiple cars, one of which had a hidden compartment holding $100,000, the chief said.

Officer Derrick Antonio was one of the 23 people who allegedly provided confidential information including police reports to gang members, which compromised people's safety, Garcia said.

Antonio was arrested in San Jose on suspicion of unauthorized computer access and being an accessory after the fact, Garcia said.

Antonio, who has served nine-and-a-half years with the department, was placed on administrative leave in June for accessing information he shouldn't have viewed, according to the chief.

"As distasteful as it has been to have identified and criminally investigated one of our own, it is a testament to the integrity of the San Jose Police Department and all investigators involved," Garcia said.

There were also three suspects who allegedly planned on bribing a uniformed officer, police said.

The trio was associated with Duong Caf� and linked with a criminal street gang in the city, according to police.

Felony warrants are out for six others who are still at large on suspicion of conspiracy, being an accessory after the fact, narcotics and gambling, police said.

The outstanding suspects are 26-year-old Missalina Jasslyn Hoang, Lani Vu, Mandy Martinez, Tai Van Nguyen, Phat Tan Phan and Pheakdey Chhun, according to police.

The FBI also helped in the operation, as the agency's main priorities are to investigate transnational organized crime, violent gang activity and drug activity, said Assistant Special Agent in Charge Malcolm Palmore of the agency's San Francisco Field Office.

Some of the people arrested were associated with homicide investigations, Palmore said.

San Jose City Councilmen Tam Nguyen and Manh Nguyen were also present at today's news conference and commended the police department for its work in the operation.

Tam Nguyen said he felt relieved that there were no injuries in the police work over the months-long investigation and felt the results of the operation could help build trust within the community.

The other suspects arrested were Khanh That Ton, 41; Anthony Tran, 52; Johnathan Hai Tran, 24; Johnny Nguyen, 23; Long Nguyen, 28; Rich La, 30; Trinity Tran, 25; Duong Thuy Truong, 33; Nancy Thi Phan, 20; Phuc Huu Nguyen, 26; Holly Myphan Vo, 24; Thy Al Huynh, 26; Christopher Huanh Truong, 28; Nicholas Hai Tran, 19; Bruce Burton, 39; Hiep Van Le, 53; Hao Van Vo, 29; Kingsley Stewart Chang, 28; Luan Lephoung Mai, 41 and Hung Phu Tran, 32, police said.

Two suspects arrested in Orange County were identified as Khanh Nguyen and Christian Sung, according to police.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Can't speak for anyone else, but I for one am shocked.

madman

When I read that 1.2 mil in cash was seized I assumed it was just that, actual cash moniez, not a frozen bank account. I don't doubt that they made good money on the business, but why would you convert money made via online/CC payments into cash? Who thinks "well this money isn't safe in a bank, I should probably get this in paper money instead of investing it." HDR's link explains that, I knew there was more to it.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
"Operation: Gang of Thrones"

Hahaha, stupid cops.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
They must not have been able to link every one to that bust a year ago, and now they got them for selling pandoras boxes.