Colin Powell dead, Covid19 complications

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
GWHB was old and partially demented when that happened.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Christopher Columbus did have his nice run for 500 years after he died where he was forgiven for the shit he pulled.

Prior to his death, he was a pariah to the Spanish court.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Christopher Columbus did have his nice run for 500 years after he died where he was forgiven for the shit he pulled.

Prior to his death, he was a pariah to the Spanish court.
The Italian Americans in my area will fucking DIE for Christopher Columbus. They've started removing his name from things like public schools and holy shit the drama.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It's okay, we will just name it after Mussolini instead.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’m fine if we name a school after Mussolini.

Just make sure that the text of his name on all school documents and the school itself is upside down.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I mean, people are tearing down statues of dead people all over the country, obviously their deaths didn't do shit for them.
Pretty sure their deaths ended a significant amount of suffering, but their statues reminded people of the suffering, needlessly.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The Confederate Statues, in many cases, were erected long after the civil war ended (in many cases decades) to honor men who did violence against the United States.

On the one hand I can agree: fuck the feds and the government, but on the other hand these “rebels” who stood up to Uncle SAM supported a state whose very existence was predicated upon the right to own a human being as chattel.

So yeah, pick a better person as a symbol to give the middle finger toThe government.

Hell replace all those statues with one of Muhammad Ali. He fought the government, legally, and more important: righteously, and won. Oh, and he is the greatest of all time.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Hell replace all those statues with one of Muhammad Ali. He fought the government, legally, and more important: righteously, and won. Oh, and he is the greatest of all time.
Wasn't Ali a rapist and paedophile?

Thought I'd beat fami to the punch.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Wasn't Ali a rapist and paedophile?

Thought I'd beat fami to the punch.

Hey, but he wasn’t a slaver!

It’s why Mel Gibson is making a comeback, he may be an anti-Semite racist but at least he isn’t sexist!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm glad Columbus discovered America and Britain colonized America.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
  1. It ain’t as bad as you think. It will look better in the morning. Leaving the office at night with a winning attitude affects more than you alone; it also conveys that attitude to your followers.
  2. Get mad, then get over it. Everyone gets mad. It’s a natural and healthy emotion. My experience is that staying mad isn’t useful.
  3. Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego goes with it. Accept that your position was faulty, not your ego.
  4. It can be done. Have a positive and enthusiastic approach to every task. Don’t surround yourself with instant skeptics.
  5. Be careful what you choose: You may get it. You will have to live with your choices. Some bad choices can be corrected. Some you’ll be stuck with.
  6. Don’t let adverse facts stand in the way of a good decision. Superior leadership is often a matter of superb instinct. When faced with a tough decision, use the time available to gather information that will inform your instinct.
  7. You can’t make someone else’s choices. You shouldn’t let someone else make yours. Make sure the choice is yours and you are not responding to the pressure and desire of others.
  8. Check small things. Leaders have to have a feel for small things — a feel for what is going on in the depths of an organization where small things reside.
  9. Share credit. People need recognition and a sense of worth as much as they need food and water.
  10. Remain calm. Be kind. Few people make sound or sustainable decisions in an atmosphere of chaos.
  11. Have a vision. Be demanding. Followers need to know where their leaders are taking them and for what purpose. Good leaders set vision, mission, and goals.
  12. Don’t take counsel of your fears or naysayers. Those who do risk wasting their time and energy.
  13. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier. If you believe in the likelihood of success, your followers will too.

Colin Powell’s 13 rules for how to lead​

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Wrong....

The treaty of Breda is the worst thing to ever happen to this land.
Because it is the reason you and your family exist? Don’t think for a moment that you would exist today without the colonization of America. Even our friends in Europe might no exist today, but for the horrors of the past.

So ok, go back and change history.

At a certain point people have to stop whining about history and get over it.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Because it is the reason you and your family exist? Don’t think for a moment that you would exist today without the colonization of America. Even our friends in Europe might no exist today, but for the horrors of the past.

So ok, go back and change history.

At a certain point people have to stop whining about history and get over it.
Wrong....

There can be no statute of limitations on virtue signaling.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Because it is the reason you and your family exist? Don’t think for a moment that you would exist today without the colonization of America.

If I didn't exist, then it wouldn't matter since i wouldn't know it.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
People need to stop crying over Columbus.

Treaty of Breda had nothing to do with Columbus.

As for that, people need to stop celebrating Columbus.

You think in 500 years people will say that people need to stop "crying over" Hitler?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You think in 500 years people will say that people need to stop "crying over" Hitler?
Yes. At that point it becomes a wrongful life claim. The only real justice in wrongful life is the immediate execution of the plaintiff.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I just want my kids to be taught historically accurate shit in school. Not the stuff they brought home.

Somehow, the coloring panels didn't have Columbus and his brothers being hauled back to Spain in shackles.