Colin Powell dead, Covid19 complications

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I don't know how to feel about Colin Powell. Was he a good guy, wasabi?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't know how to feel about Colin Powell. Was he a good guy, wasabi?
Idk man. I feel the same as you. First black Secretary of State, desert storm, but then operation iraqi liberation… signed off on the claims of wmds when it was bullshit. At least he didn’t compromise for his party in 2016.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Non whites don't have a great track record up at that level in US politiks. I mean, Condoleezza Rice anybody? And I'll stop there so as not to polemisize.
The takeaway here is covid. History will probably be overly kind to Powell. He was reasonably likeable to boot.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Maybe they should have given him a five star general rank. I mean, it's arguable that the office of Chairman of the JCS should automatically come with that rank.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
"Was he a bad guy?"

Lonesage always on point with the forums meta commentary.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
RIP. Scary that you can be vaccinated and still get and die from it. 99% of the residents at work got the vaccine, and 77% of us employees, but, outbreak disaster is still a threat and will remain so for the foreseeable future...

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
RIP. Scary that you can be vaccinated and still get and die from it. 99% of the residents at work got the vaccine, and 77% of us employees, but, outbreak disaster is still a threat and will remain so for the foreseeable future...
He had blood cancer too, I'm sure that was a factor in the COVID getting him despite the vaccine.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

He was also 84. I’m sure that played in to it.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Any other health issue , or covid claimed all the credit . It’s seem they are giving a lot of the credit to covid with serious health conditions , like the person had cancer for years, but the dead is covid related so they get added to the covid stat numbers .

Also another thing that I was wondering the other day, grocery /retail store offering cash backs on debitcard payment when you paid at the tilt , does that count towards their total revenue, when they reports to the numbers at the end of the year .

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Any other health issue , or covid claimed all the credit . It’s seem they are giving a lot of the credit to covid with serious health conditions , like the person had cancer for years, but the dead is covid related so they get added to the covid stat numbers .

Also another thing that I was wondering the other day, grocery /retail store offering cash backs on debitcard payment when you paid at the tilt , does that count towards their total revenue, when they reports to the numbers at the end of the year .

Well, yes. If you have cancer and then you die of not breathing because you have covid, you'd probably get added to the covid stats. If you have covid but stop breathing because you get hit by a bus, you probably get added to the bus stats.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If you get hit by a bus, your chances of dying are higher if you have covid.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: @M

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
He's one of the biggest warmongers of the post WWII era. Pure and simple, he was scum. He has just as much blood an his hands from the Iraq War(s) as the Bushes, Clintons, Biden, and Cheney.
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing here, I don't know anything about it, but I'm wondering if you think these people are inherently bad people, or trying to do the right thing but getting it wrong, or something else?

famicommander

15 Year Member
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing here, I don't know anything about it, but I'm wondering if you think these people are inherently bad people, or trying to do the right thing but getting it wrong, or something else?
Horrible people who intentionally lied us into these wars to enrich themselves and the interests that got them elected.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
when you paid at the tilt , does that count towards their total revenue, when they reports to the numbers at the end of the year .
Pinball tables in grocery stores pay out on tilts? Why didn't GregN ever tell us about that? I feel betrayed, Greg!

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Horrible people who intentionally lied us into these wars to enrich themselves and the interests that got them elected.
I guess I've given him more benefit of the doubt based on his answers in interviews since. I don't think he intentionally misled people on selling the Iraq war. He was used to help sell it, and he should have been more careful. He expressed regret since. I saw him as a generally honorable and smart person.

I agree with some of the earlier comments. If there were underlying existing health conditions, covid shouldn't be getting all the credit by the media. A high profile case like this will just get used to fuel more anti vax misinformation.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I guess I've given him more benefit of the doubt based on his answers in interviews since. I don't think he intentionally misled people on selling the Iraq war. He was used to help sell it, and he should have been more careful. He expressed regret since. I saw him as a generally honorable and smart person.
Then you're incredibly naive.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Then you're incredibly naive.
He didn't come across as a warmonger. That one event did not seem to fit with the rest of his career, which is why I gave the benefit of the doubt on what he says.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

Is Cheney an immortal?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
He didn't come across as a warmonger. That one event did not seem to fit with the rest of his career, which is why I gave the benefit of the doubt on what he says.

Don't worry. Fami is just a reactionary buffoon, too lowbrow to use a diaeresis.

Fuck Colin Powell, though. Talk about naïve.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Idk man. I feel the same as you. First black Secretary of State, desert storm, but then operation iraqi liberation… signed off on the claims of wmds when it was bullshit. At least he didn’t compromise for his party in 2016.
I'd echo this.... Real mixed bag. (negative overall imo, because he bought into a lie and signed off on spending billions of dollars turning brown kids into skeletons.)

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Mars Attacks, the black general in it was a total mockery of him.