Component cables for SNES & Genesis

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
I got one of the AES adapters for the Genesis cable to test out. It actually looks pretty decent for an LCD.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
It doesn't matter War Room or not. You just lost a ton of respect from me. Posting some bull shit picture like that is totally offensive to me. Thousands of people were killed and your making jokes.

Dude, calm your ass fucking down.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I got one of the AES adapters for the Genesis cable to test out. It actually looks pretty decent for an LCD.

so, using a passive converter the Genesis cable can be used to connect the AES using component? that would be nice!

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Ahh, I see....

I didn't realize that you were trying to do 240.

The fact that it was called HD Retro vision threw me off.

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
so, using a passive converter the Genesis cable can be used to connect the AES using component? that would be nice!

Yup, it's just a dongle you attach to their Genny 2 cable. I don't use it since I'm already using a scart cable; but I was impressed with it when testing as I didn't expect it to be a good option.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Ahh, I see....

I didn't realize that you were trying to do 240.

The fact that it was called HD Retro vision threw me off.
To be fair it is a misleading name but I guess I couldn't think of better. But hey it gets attention and most who would buy it probably wouldn't think anything of it. But yeah it bugs me a bit too lol

Reminds me of one idiot on the Facebook NeoGeoForLife group who posts photos of his CMVS displaying on his TV's OSD as 720x240 and calls it "720p HD" just because the number 720 is in there lmao

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member

They are looking to do the same with Saturn and PSX too I believe. Also a dedicated Dreamcast component cable that would replace the need for a VGA box.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Intriguing. It's a more expensive option, but to be honest the thought of having everything running through a large component switchbox and not messing with rgb transcoders is somewhat appealing.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I know that with my old dreamcast, I had to strip the sync from the composite video signal to get good rgb to an encoder. But to run it in HD component, I had to strip it from the comp sync signal.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Curiosity got the best of me, I ordered the Genesis cable to try out. I figure if I don't like it I can probably just sell it at minimal loss.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
They are looking to do the same with Saturn and PSX too I believe. Also a dedicated Dreamcast component cable that would replace the need for a VGA box.

I would be all in for a DC component cable.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Curiosity got the best of me, I ordered the Genesis cable to try out. I figure if I don't like it I can probably just sell it at minimal loss.

lol I ordered one last night just out of curiosity's sake.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
They might release a Turbografx cable before I mod yours! :keke:

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,

Gohung, you don't like it I'll buy it from you. I've yet to get off my ass to order the genny one...

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
IMG_1504.JPGIMG_1509.JPG

First Picture is composite, game mode, on my Sony HDTV, 2nd is component game mode same tv.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
IMG_1505.JPGIMG_1506.JPG

First Picture is composite, game mode, on my Sony HDTV, 2nd is component game mode same tv.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Rev - Are you happy with it? Would you recommend this as an alternative to the whole SCART setup considering costs?

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Rev - Are you happy with it? Would you recommend this as an alternative to the whole SCART setup considering costs?

I don't know as I've never messed around with SCART setups. It certainly looks worlds better to me....and almost too bright. I had to toggle down the contrast (they have a high / low switch on the cable). Much easier on the eyes on low (at least in my mind).

Since I don't want to deal with SCART cables & converters this works for me.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Looks pretty good to me! That TV must have a good scaler in it, that Megaman X text looks awful when a TV can't scale the video properly.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
I can tell you that it looks like some HDTVS don't like 240p sourced material. I have a cheaper Samsung that doesn't like the SNES cable at all. The picture is very jittery. My Sony seems much better.