Component cables for SNES & Genesis

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Seems like a good alternative to SCART BNC setups to keeps in your back pocket

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I understand they are custom cables but look at the prices.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
I'll buy the Dreamcast one if they ever get around to it. More to simplify my setup than anything. Dreamcast is currently running into a separate card on my 14L5 than the rest of my 480P systems. Getting component would mean everything could go into the same card via a component switch which would be nice.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I mean it's a neat product but you could get a scart to component converter and 2 scart cables for the snes/genesis for less than both cables from there.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I understand they are custom cables but look at the prices.

They aren't simple cables, that's why they cost what they do. Each cable has a rgb to component transcoder built in. I'm with ballz though, better to just buy an external box that works with everything and just get scart cables.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
I have the Genesis Model 2 ones (also X-Eye compatible) and they are excellent. But yes, SCART RGB is the best possible option.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I wouldn't be interested in them now but if my current pvm crapped out, they would be my next option over xrgb mini.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
I bought one of each...not going to mess with a PVM or SCART so, I'll take close 2nd over what I currently get over composite. They are working on a Dreamcast cable and trying to source parts for a Saturn cable, so I'm interested in seeing what they can bring to the table.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I bought one of each...not going to mess with a PVM or SCART so, I'll take close 2nd over what I currently get over composite. They are working on a Dreamcast cable and trying to source parts for a Saturn cable, so I'm interested in seeing what they can bring to the table.

Let us know how well they do on a hdtv?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Razo, that all depends on the HDTV. They output a clean 240p signal, but do no upscaling. When connected to a HDTV the quality will range from "sort of okay" to "utter shit" depending on how good the scaler on the HDTV is at upscaling 240p content. Many HDTVs don't support 240p at all.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Razo, that all depends on the HDTV. They output a clean 240p signal, but do no upscaling. When connected to a HDTV the quality will range from "sort of okay" to "utter shit" depending on how good the scaler on the HDTV is at upscaling 240p content. Many HDTVs don't support 240p at all.

Thanks Master Gohanx

I know that already asshole.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
hulk_hogan_vs_wtc.jpg

The question wasn't directed toward you. Do me a favor and don't respond to my posts you piece of shit.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You asked a question, I answered it. Then you went into tard rage and I'm the asshole?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
The question wasn't directed toward you. Do me a favor and don't respond to my posts you piece of shit.

HULKSTER RULES BROTHER

Here is another potential problem with rgb to component ,some HDTVs do not run 240p on the component side (will usually have a blank or flashing screen) without some sort of scaler.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
You asked a question, I answered it. Then you went into tard rage and I'm the asshole?

You really broke my heart bro. I never thought you would pull some shit like that. I had you as one of the best members on this board.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Uh yeah, what just happened here???

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Razo is referring to the shit thread made by lolifox in the war room about 9/11.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You really broke my heart bro. I never thought you would pull some shit like that. I had you as one of the best members on this board.

You should really keep pics like that in the War Room, it's really inappropriate in Unrelated.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
It doesn't matter War Room or not. You just lost a ton of respect from me. Posting some bull shit picture like that is totally offensive to me. Thousands of people were killed and your making jokes.