Connecticut Elementary School Shooting (AKA "Gun Control Debate" thread...)

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Exactly. Clearly, I'm the idiot when this guy can't even decipher my point, yet chooses to manipulate it.

So knives are mass killing weapons now too? :spock:

Let's ban all of those too.

Last edited:

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Yes, people are the problem but why give problem people easy access to weapons? Might as well start selling grenades too with that logic.

Wait, Americans can't buy handgrenades? Fucking pussy ass laws.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You think Mexico is crazy now, wait until they ban guns.

It would be insane (well, more insane than it already is)

I'm all for registration, background checks, proper gun safety education, etc, that all makes sense. What do people want though, a ban?

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
So knives are mass killing weapons now too? :spock:

Let's ban all of those too.

Knives are used for many different applications. For the most part they are not made to hurt someone. What else can you do with a gun besides put holes in people/animals/things?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm also disgusted that these poor Chinese victims aren't getting the same attention that the Americans are.

Is it because of guns?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Knives are used for many different applications. For the most part they are not made to hurt someone. What else can you do with a gun besides put holes in people/animals/things?

True, but my point is that even taking all the guns away won't solve the problem that lies in the hearts of men.

Rade K

20 Year Member
This all reminds me of a year ago, when we were all butthurt about removing the long gun registry. I was fine with people owning guns, but I was having trouble with removing the registry altogether. Why not talk about reform first? It was a political point and that was all. It probably was a giant waste of time and money. At the end of the day, it was something to talk about and I really don't care. If I get murdered, the hunter is probably the last guy to do it.

Anyway, this one guy (a friend of a friend), thought I was against guns altogether and read me his script on "you can go buy a nailgun without a license and kill people - and knives."

Point is, it wasn't really what I was talking about and he annoyed the shit out of me. Angry dude and he was really passionate about it. Of course, he wants to live off of the public dollar and be a teacher (he was mad because he could not find a job in Ontario (it wasn't being handed to him)).

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Sort of on topic, Obama pretending to wipe away non existent tears during his address was embarrassing to look at.
This is the same guy who playfully jokes about drone strikes (that have accidentally maimed hundreds of kids in Pakistan, Libya, Afghanistan and Iraq).

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Sort of on topic, Obama pretending to wipe away non existent tears during his address was embarrassing to look at.
This is the same guy who playfully jokes about drone strikes (that have accidentally maimed hundreds of kids in Pakistan, Libya, Afghanistan and Iraq).

Yeah, I noticed that too. Why did he only have to wipe the outer side of his left eye, lol.

Rade K

20 Year Member

Don't forget his use of the "double tap" when they send drones to attack the same scene moments later to get the people who were helping the injured.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
This all reminds me of a year ago, when we were all butthurt about removing the long gun registry. I was fine with people owning guns, but I was having trouble with removing the registry altogether. Why not talk about reform first? It was a political point and that was all. It probably was a giant waste of time and money. At the end of the day, it was something to talk about and I really don't care. If I get murdered, the hunter is probably the last guy to do it.

Anyway, this one guy (a friend of a friend), thought I was against guns altogether and read me his script on "you can go buy a nailgun without a license and kill people - and knives."

Point is, it wasn't really what I was talking about and he annoyed the shit out of me. Angry dude and he was really passionate about it. Of course, he wants to live off of the public dollar and be a teacher (he was mad because he could not find a job in Ontario (it wasn't being handed to him)).

Moronic, money wasting, feelgood legislation by fags who don't even know what a gun looks like isn't the answer....but I am totally with you on the idea of intense screening before letting someone possess a firearm.

Already in Canada we do criminal reference checks, 2 character references from people who have known you more than 7 years and another one from either your current conjugal partner or the last one you had within 2 years (just to make sure you aren't a vengeful psycho).

I remember the last time some asshole used a registered handgun to kill a bouncer at the Brass Rail strip joint in Toronto....that was years ago...and in his defense the bouncers at the Brass Rail are some of the biggest steroid popping cocksuckers you'll ever find in Ontario. But other than that, all the homicides in Toronto involve smuggled firearms from the US by pieces of shit who would never register a weapon anyway.

Last edited:

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza

I saw that. He knows the media will never say anything about it, so he'll do it. He could drop a drone on the White House Press Corps and they would still be in love with him the next day.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Wait, Americans can't buy handgrenades? Fucking pussy ass laws.

Grenades are legal to own in the United States so long as you comply with the appropriate Federal Law and any additional laws concerning ownership of such a device in your particular jurisdiction.

Last edited:

Rade K

20 Year Member
Moronic, money wasting, feelgood legislation by fags who don't even know what a gun looks like isn't the answer....but I am totally with you on the idea of intense screening before letting someone possess a firearm.

Already in Canada we do criminal reference checks, 2 character references from people who have known you more than 7 years and another one from either your current conjugal partner or the last one you had within 2 years (just to make sure you aren't a vengeful psycho).

I remember the last time some asshole used a registered handgun to kill a bouncer at the Brass Rail strip joint in Toronto....that was years ago...and in his defense the bouncers at the Brass Rail are some of the biggest steroid popping cocksuckers you'll ever find in Ontario. But other than that, all the homicides in Toronto involve smuggled firearms from the US by pieces of shit who would never register a weapon anyway.

Wouldn't the screening register the applicant as a gun owner/potential gun owner anyway? Or is it the registration of individual guns a complete waste?

Last edited:

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
So, apparently the guns were registered in the psycho's mother's name who he left dead at the house in CT. His father was found dead in New Jersey, where he was from. I agree with all who say tougher laws won't solve much, Connecticut has the #4 toughest laws on guns and that still doesn't stop evil people from doing this sort of thing. If you wanted to implement a complete ban on guns, you'd somehow, some way have to figure out how to get criminals to hand them over...Best of luck with that.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The problem is that in the United States of America being able to keep loaded, functional weapons in your home and carry loaded functional weapons in (most) public places is a constitutionally guaranteed right.

Until you repeal the Second Amendment of the Constitution then firearms, and all defensive arms, are here to stay - period. Gun control like we had in the Clinton era is gone for good and most likely unconstitutional.

Rade K

20 Year Member
So, apparently the guns were registered in the psycho's mother's name who he left dead at the house in CT. His father was found dead in New Jersey, where he was from. I agree with all who say tougher laws won't solve much, Connecticut has the #4 toughest laws on guns and that still doesn't stop evil people from doing this sort of thing. If you wanted to implement a complete ban on guns, you'd somehow, some way have to figure out how to get criminals to hand them over...Best of luck with that.

Well, there was a way to stop this, but it would involve Tom Cruise and a pool full of psychics.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Wouldn't the screening register the applicant as a gun owner/potential gun owner anyway? Or is it the registration of individual guns a complete waste?

I believe licensing does that anyway, but before you even get the license the screening puts you on their records as well...and it stays on there for a long time even if you don't follow through with the license they keep you on their books for the next decade or so.

The registry wasn't about tracking gun owners, it was about keeping tabs on everyone's inventory...it made for a lot of useless govt jobs and bureaus wasting time and money while accomplishing very little.

Rade K

20 Year Member
America is a dog eat dog society and Canada is trying it's damnedest to join the club, your status only moves up when you start putting people beneath you....this isn't some fruity little place like Denmark where you can smoke some hash with a police officer in the park while petting a REALLY soft cat, go home, play some nude volleyball, then have a threeway with your wife and her best friend and shower off under a 4000 euro facuet that sprays mineral water before sleeping on a giant hammock spun from vicuna fibers...

People should really read this out loud. Holy...shit.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
People should really read this out loud. Holy...shit.

I've been having a rough, sleepless time with work and life....many of my posts are poorly written and slightly crazy these days.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I should have said korfball instead of volleyball...but honestly can anyone else picture that shit?
Like, the danish cop uniforms probably have fuzzy handcuffs and short shorts, and instead of a baton they wear a huge ostrich feather to playfully tickle you for misbehaving.

Can you get fined for publicly frowning in Denmark?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
While I agree with Ebert to a degree, the fact is that kids know how to fully operate a wide array of guns from a very early age. They know how magazines are loaded, safety switches in correct positions, how to aim to kill, etc. They understand what guns are tactical and most effective for a killing spree, versus which are used for hunting,long range, or target practice. Kids know how bullets are fired in bursts, single rounds, and automatic. The news media isn't teaching these things to, it's movies and video games.

What evidence do you have to support this?

I would be EXTREMELY surprised if the shooter in CT wasn't familiar with guns from a fairly early age. So how are movies and videogames not partially responsible in even the slightest way?

The shooter killed unarmed adults and small children.

Against that population anyone who understood that all they had to do is put their booger finger on the bang switch to make the gun work could have did what he did.

To equate the shooter to a trained expert in the use of firearms on the assumption that he might have played Call of Duty, is wholly absurd. Those games, and how weapons are utlized in them, are very divorced from reality.

You talk of how kids know weapons are fired single shot, auto, and burst leads me to believe you have very little understanding of firearm regulation in the United States.

No mass killing since by a civilian has ever involved an automatic weapon so I don't know why you even brought that up in the first place.

Last edited: