Considering buying this Akira Production Cel !

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Some people say "what would jesus do" but really after that King of Fighters jacket thread I'm starting to adopt the "would truckers in a bar hit me with a pool cue" philosophy. In this case I wouldn't make it to the hospital

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I take a long hard look at all of my possible purchasing options and then say to myself, "Dude, you could probably just get a cheap reproduction from your Chinese Uncle Ali with free shipping and nobody would ever know the difference".

My Vampire Searcher 3D cel, signed by Yoshisaurus Amano Hyo was well worth the tree fiddy I paid. 🥰

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
That's a racket though. The art world is a big money laundering scheme for people with more money than sense.
So…like Neo games then. Full circle. It all helps avoid taxes for the landed gentry.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I take a long hard look at all of my possible purchasing options and then say to myself, "Dude, you could probably just get a cheap reproduction from your Chinese Uncle Ali with free shipping and nobody would ever know the difference".

My Vampire Searcher 3D cel, signed by Yoshisaurus Amano Hyo was well worth the tree fiddy I paid. 🥰
WTF is a 3D cel?

@M

20 Year Member
The Chinese seller renamed Vampire Hunter D to Vampire Searcher 3D to dodge copyright infringement.

@M

20 Year Member
So, okay, maybe I exaggerated a little calling it a cel when it's more of a sketch on a post-it note, but, it's a legit Yoshisaurus Amano Hyo Vampire Searcher 3D original!

IMG_20221208_135045852_3.jpg

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
So, okay, maybe I exaggerated a little calling it a cel when it's more of a sketch on a post-it note, but, it's a legit Yoshisaurus Amano Hyo Vampire Searcher 3D original!

View attachment 61220
Yeah…cel is short for celluloid, because that’s what they used to be made of. What you have there is paper, and that is a drawing not a mechanical reproduction of a drawing colorized by hand.

You may not be a great judge of the value of art if you can’t tell paper from plastic.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
That's a racket though. The art world is a big money laundering scheme for people with more money than sense.
Yep, usually used in high end drug deals! Most likely what happened to the Boston Gardner heist.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Is this where the word incel comes from?
giphy.gif

@M

20 Year Member
$3.50, not $350. I love Yoshisaurus Amano Hyo's artwork, especially his character and monster designs in Rectangle-Eunuch's Last Dream RPG series, but, even I have SOME common sense.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
$3.50, not $350. I love Yoshisaurus Amano Hyo's artwork, especially his character and monster designs in Rectangle-Eunuch's Last Dream RPG series, but, even I have SOME common sense.
Still overpriced to never feel the warm breath and touch of a woman (under 72) ever again

Or for the first time of course

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Just to be clear here, M paid a random Chinese guy from Aliexpress $3.50 to draw a "joke" personalized sketch pretending to be Yoshitaka Amano. He knows that not an animation cel. He told the guy exactly what to write and draw. The only reason he brought it up is because he desperately wanted to show us what new garbage he wasted money on. He's so pathetically desperate for attention he has resorted to bullshit like this, he has completely normalized this behavior to himself. He's legitimately fucked in the head.

@M

20 Year Member
Terry, I drew that picture, and made up all that copyright infringement avoidance name bullshit as a joke, which I thought would have been obvious to anyone with half a brain, which you obviously lack. Try not to let your jimmies get so rustled over my posts (which you claim to not read or look at, but, obviously do with great devotion). 😉

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Hard not to look at your posts when every single one is a giant picture.

And obviously your joke didn't work. Zeta and kern both believed you were stupid enough to pay money for that and believe it was an actual animation cell. Of course I assumed you bought it on Aliexpress, it is totally believable that you would actually buy that for $3.50 with your track record. Either way it's just another pathetic attempt from you to get attention, and look it worked. At least this was already a terrible thread so nothing of value has been lost by you coming in here and ruining it with your horseshit like so many others.

@M

20 Year Member
I formally submit to the moderation team that terry.330 has earned himself a "Trolled by M" custom rank. 👍

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I formally submit to the moderation team that terry.330 has earned himself a "Trolled by M" custom rank. 👍

While possibly naive, it’s not a crime to believe someone when they lie to you. A joke and a lie are different things. Be funnier and then we can tell the difference.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yes he successfully trolled me by spending the last 4 or so years posting nothing but toys he found in the dumpster, garbage FB memes and $2 junk from China...

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I could not tell if M was doing a lame joke, or if he really wasted money on an aliexpress post-it sketch. This is NOT supposed to be a good thing for you, M.

@M

20 Year Member
Alixpress doesn't offer custom drawings like that anyway. You'd have to use something like Etsy.

In retrospect, telling people that they had half a brain for falling for it was overly harsh and I apologize for the insult. I was just flabbergasted that anybody would actually buy that bullshit transaction was real. 🤣