Cost of living increases where you live

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
You can blame this stupid fucking country of ours for not securing electricity production with nuclear and setting different domestic and export values of our natural resources ie. gas, not to mention taxing them accordingly as to benefit as a nation.

My bills barely moved honestly but I'm a low end user, I feel for those with families and large homes.

Is this a wife pic reverse psychology trick or? I don't see tits.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
a6fc8316-fce3-11e5-8e2d-778e685f6c06.jpg

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
My utility bills are pretty stable (my city belongs to a big co-op thing with Wisconsin that keeps electrical rates relatively low, and we also have a joint aquifer thing going with my neighboring city for water). Gas and food prices are most concerning where I live. The winter heating bills are probably going to be nasty.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
That's because you are living in based China, a country that isn't trying to commit economic suicide.
House proces in beijing are the same as london and new york, despite them earning a fifth of the salaries.

They're just as fucked as everyone else.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
My electrics bills about doubled but it's been over along time.
On average I use 1000KHW no matter what.
My house is 2300 SQFT not counting unfinished basement / attic.
I have mostly newer efficient appliances
My bills gone from $70-sub 200 to $130-350. Spring/Fall Summer/Winter
It started awhile ago, the Mayor got in a dispute with the electric company and we went from some of the best rates in the country I think .05-.07 per kw to about the same as everybody else.
This is the worst it's ever been though.

Gas wasn't as bad last year as I expected, I don't think I had a bill over $300.
I was scared because of Russia playing games and US companies starting to sell tons more to China/Asia and Europe.
Before fracking midway in Obamas admin I've had $400-450 bills.
Since then highest bills were maybe $225-$275 in the dead of winter.

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Anyways we need nuclear.
There seems to be many things we as humanity need to be investing in to progress ourselves.
Much of this requires consumption of tons of energy to advance ourselves and oil and coal just can't provide it.

Like making hydrogen for fuel.
Sorry these electric lithium battery cars are just stupid.
You strip mine and rape the earth to make a battery that will only last 7-10 years or whatever.
Then you burn coal or oil to charge it.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Groceries +40%, petrol/gas +110% (if it's Diesel), rent +20%, electricity +30%, heating +40%... and so it goes on and on.

Already looking for a promising street corner where I can sit down and make music for money, some of me synths and drummies run on batteries.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Egg McMuffin: $6.19.

These days I always cook my own breakfast but we lost power for two days so I grabbed McDonalds on the way to work. I don’t really ever pay much attention to the price of anything but even I was blown away by a $6.19 EggAMuffin.

As for gas prices, I hope they go back up and stay up. Nothing else will get those fucking trucks off the road. It was friggn $85 to fill up the TDI wagon at the worst point but it was delightful to think that the pricks in F250s tailgating me all day are paying $400. :)

Weed prices have absolutely cratered around here. I’m paying sometimes 1/3 what I was paying 5 years ago.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member

These days I always cook my own breakfast but we lost power for two days so I grabbed McDonalds on the way to work. I don’t really ever pay much attention to the price of anything but even I was blown away by a $6.19 EggAMuffin.

As for gas prices, I hope they go back up and stay up. Nothing else will get those fucking trucks off the road. It was friggn $85 to fill up the TDI wagon at the worst point but it was delightful to think that the pricks in F250s tailgating me all day are paying $400. :)
We deliver our goods (fireworks and pyrotechnical devices) with a truck running on Diesel because we're not allowed to use any other engine for it, the dangerous goods law forces us into the situation.

So, we're not only getting punished here but ppl like you also want our trucks off the road. That'll solve the probs I'm sure.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Weed prices have absolutely cratered around here. I’m paying sometimes 1/3 what I was paying 5 years ago.
First of all, you need to get the McD's app. I don't normally order breakfast but last time I was there I got 2 Big Macs, Large Fries, 2 Apple Pies and a Large Coke for like $8 using the app.

Gas prices affect the price of everything so the lower the better, imo. If you are getting tailgated by F250s, maybe quit driving like a woman ;)

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
First of all, you need to get the McD's app. I don't normally order breakfast but last time I was there I got 2 Big Macs, Large Fries, 2 Apple Pies and a Large Coke for like $8 using the app.

Gas prices affect the price of everything so the lower the better, imo. If you are getting tailgated by F250s, maybe quit driving like a woman ;)
This together with your av really cracks me up.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
My base rate is going up about 30% (about 1.5 cents per KWH).

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Yes. The inflation is real , Costco stop selling chicken wings it’s was like 10 for $7 then they jack it to $9 last year, then few months ago it’s completely off the menu … shit
Everything on the menu has increased except the hotdog and pop is still $1.50

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
As for the power bill it’s $.17/kWh . There a based admin fees/ carbon tax … just the fees add up about 100$ Just to start And the electricity on top .. even if you used 1 kWh it’s be $100+ every month same with garbage and waste water etc… utilities bill every month for water, power and gas usually around $450 summer and $600 winter

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I froze my gas and electricity bills August 2021 before this shit kicked off but that deal has now expired so I’ll be pay the minimum defined by the UK’s energy price cap. My gas and electricity bill is about £70 a month currently. It’s probably going to go up to £200 - which is nuts.

The price of petrol was about £1.10 a year ago and now it’s £1.70, although that feels ‘okay’ because it was £1.90 a litre in early summer.

I’m finding it annoying but coping. People on lower salaries are going to have a dreadful Winter if it’s a really cold one. I mean actually people freezing to death in their homes in a 1st world country sort of awful. It’s depressing.

Last edited: