Cost of living increases where you live

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
You’re not really asking why the West sanctioned Russia but not the US and her partners during the Iraq War, are you?
No, I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy (which is the thing that irritates me the most) that doesn't mean that I'm condoning the Ukraine invasion.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
No, I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy (which is the thing that irritates me the most) that doesn't mean that I'm condoning the Ukraine invasion.
I agree with you - just to be clear, it's not my hypocrisy, I'm not giving the US or the UK a pass on Iraq, never have.

But what penalty for either? Both? Fucked if I know.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

I figured as much.

Doesn’t help the situation now but I’m hopeful in the future that UK/USA/EU will continue to reject military adventures abroad.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Here in California I keep getting ads to conserve water and lower peak energy use.

Fuck you CA I already don’t have a lawn (I have fucking Cacti and native plants!) and we don’t have air conditioning and always wash clothes/dishes/etc at off peak hours.

It’s hilarious they push off the sins of the government and corporations and expect the burden to fall on the people. I certainly am not the cause of many of the specific issues this state is facing.

PS: Fuck you PGE, you convicted murdering scumbags.

• Love
Reactions: wyo

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Here in California, fruit hangs heavy on the vines
And there's no gold, I thought I'd warn you
And the hills turn brown in the summertime

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
The US went to the UN and presented it's case to invade Iraq.
The last time with with Colin Powell was pretty much complete BS though.
The last vote was something like 159-2. I think it was Russia and China voting against.
France abstaining and Germany as well in the vote before.
Something like 50 other countries participated in Iraq.
Dozens others provided logistical support.

The invasion of Ukraine was the opposite with voting declaring it illegal and a break of treaty and then calling on Russia to leave.
With somewhere around three and six members voting for it.
Belarus has provided logistical support and fired a few missiles into Ukraine.

Mission wise the difference is Russia is taking annexing land, stripping resources and subjugating the inhabitants.

Also congress approved the invasion of Iraq.
So just wondering how everybody gets totally illegal war from that.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Xavier, I appreciate what you’re going for but arguing against the invasion of Ukraine while simultaneously supporting the invasion of Iraq is really not a good look. “Legality” be damned. I think the point others were making is…maybe we shouldn’t be invading anyone.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Elites Pushing for more green agenda, and government wants more tax money . A lot of ordinary people going to suffer for it .

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
View attachment 59590
My landlord told me to double the amount I pay for gas (which I did), but went down with my rent the same time, so I pay about 10€ more than I did before. Granted, this doesn't include electricity.

At least your landlord doesn’t sound like a total cunt. Some are upping everything and people are being forced out. It’s total shite.

To the UK/USA invasion of Iraq - I mean yeah it was a shit show but the politicians at that time on both the left and right thought a WMD threat was real - even although now we know that was clearly bullshit based on ropey intelligence.

Everyone was on edge after 9/11. Rash decisions based on shitty evidence was made. It’s not an excuse, but a factor in the minds of leaders at the time.

But that misjudgment isn’t equivalent at all to the moves Putin has made in Ukraine. For a start, no one actually wanted to colonise Iraq. (Well, apart from the odd oil well or two.)

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
To the UK/USA invasion of Iraq - I mean yeah it was a shit show but the politicians at that time on both the left and right thought a WMD threat was real - even although now we know that was clearly bullshit based on ropey intelligence.
I remember watching an interview with Donald Rumsfeld yabbering on about underground taliban military complexes and WMD storage. It was a real fever dream of a time in that short period after 9/11, madness.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Seems like every month-month billz are $100/month

Internet - $100
Electric - $100
Car insurance - $100

Utilities are fucked up; it's $200 every 3-4 months I can't remember.
Gas is $50/month

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Seems like every month-month billz are $100/month

Internet - $100
Electric - $100
Car insurance - $100

Utilities are fucked up; it's $200 every 3-4 months I can't remember.
Gas is $50/month
$1200 a year on car insurance sounds like a lot, do you drive a ferrari or do you just bounce a rust bucket around parking lots for fun?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
$1200 a year on car insurance sounds like a lot, do you drive a ferrari or do you just bounce a rust bucket around parking lots for fun?
He doesn't know he can shop around for other car insurance to get lower rates. Insurance in America is insane to begin with, though.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Car insurance is more expensive here because it covers medical bills.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Utilities bill are back to 650$ ….just look at the bill Used $45 of water there a 75$ wastewater fee and carbon tax is up majority of the bills are fees. Admin fee , rider fee ,municipal franchise fee, Transmission fee all the fee add up to about 80% of the bill . Da fuck

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Natural gas bill pisses me off, its a $20 a month account fee plus taxes fees+++ so even if you don't use it for seven months you're still paying. Comes out to about $25 a month. You can turn it off for the season but that costs $200. It's a valve that gets turned. Nowadays they can turn it off remotely.

There's an example of jobs that have gone away. Meter person used to have to walk in every bodies yards to look at physical usage, then they needed to be walk nearby to pick it up, then they made it so they could quickly drive by. Now it all comes in automatically.

You would think that would bring down admin fees, and you'd be right.

News headline this morning said there's 63 LNG freighters floating around blocking up Europe's ports.
We got you bro!

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Redacted, not funny taking the piss when people can’t afford to heat their homes right now.

Last edited:

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Utilities bill are back to 650$ ….just look at the bill Used $45 of water there a 75$ wastewater fee and carbon tax is up majority of the bills are fees. Admin fee , rider fee ,municipal franchise fee, Transmission fee all the fee add up to about 80% of the bill . Da fuck

Da fuck is that they are listing the cost of doing business and trying to make it seem like they haven’t anything to do with it.

When you buy a banana it doesn’t say, “fertilizer fee, federal bribe fee, sewage fee, diesel fee, banana crate fee” they just have a price.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Outside of Automotive, I hadn't really noticed.
Recently I saw it when I was grocery shopping. I don't really care about grocery prices, but I finally noticed some prices were 2x-3x what they were the previous year. Not going to break my bank, but I can see low income people would be angry/worried.