Cotton Rock ‘n’ Roll (PS4, Switch, PC, Arcade)

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Cotton-RnR_06-24-21.jpg
Success has announced shoot ’em up Cotton Rock ‘n’ Roll for PlayStation 4, Switch, PC, and arcade. The PlayStation 4 and Switch versions will launch on December 23 in Japan for 6,380 yen; the PC version will launch between winter 2021 and 2022; and the arcade version will launch between summer and fall 2021.

A 10,780 yen Cotton series 30th anniversary special edition will also be available for 10,780 yen, which includes a Nata de Cotton Nendoroid, the Cotton Complete Works book, and the Cotton Rock ‘n’ Roll original soundtrack CD.
Cotton Rock ‘n’ Roll retains the traditional comical worldview of Cotton and Silk, while including not only the shoot ’em up game features of the Cotton series, but also those of other shoot ’em up games Success has released to the world, such as Sanvein‘s time system and Psyvariar‘s BUZZ system.
Source
Official website

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I was debating which section this belonged in almost five hours after you posted it. Well played.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
While we don't have screenshots yet, this entry looks to be a mixture of traditional horizontal segments, 3D segments that might be reminiscent of Panorama Cotton + Rainbow Cotton, as well as vertical-scrolling segments. If I had to guess as well, this one might be more bullet hell-sequel but I could be wrong on that one. Either way, I'm really looking forward to the 3rd AC Cotton game. Took them 20+ years to do it but hey, better late than never!

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Awesome! I didn’t play that much of it, but I really enjoyed the remake that came out a few months ago. Beep did a good job with that one. And I got the teacup chillin’ on my game shelf.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
FAMITSU DX PACK LIMITED EDITION

p33cNRL.png

Includes:
- Switch or PS4 game software "Cotton Rock'n'Roll"
- Nendoroid Nata De Cotton
- Soundtrack
- Booklet
- Extra Soundtrack
- Tea cup
- Illustration set x6
- Tapestry

PS4
https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/ps4...ton-famitsu-dx-pack-limited-edition-ps4-.html

Switch
https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/nin...-famitsu-dx-pack-limited-edition-switch-.html

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Is anyone associated with the '90s-era Cotton games working on this? Or is this a licensed carcass job?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Anyone play this?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
A friend of mine got it and has been raving about it but I don't believe him. Reboot is great but this just looks boring, dated and awkward.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
No, not top-tier comedy. But maybe something a little less gay?
Yeah, I mean just look at his embarrassing ass thumbnails. Those are definitely having the opposite effect as he intended.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Got my disc.

Good stuff: The most interesting part is the multiple characters, all with their own game mechanics and scoring methods. Charge-up shots, grab and throw enemies, bullet grazing, using a timer instead of lives, etc. More unlock as you play. Level variety is nice and flows well, with lots of high-speed background effects.

Bad stuff: I had to turn down the voice volume since the characters never shut up and get annoying. A bit too many enemies enter the screen at warp speed and insta ram you from behind/bottom/etc; this game desperately needs warning arrows or to disable collision damage when they first enter.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Just for heads up and this is something i recently learned via ShmupJunkie: looking at the game's staff list reveals that former Treasure members, some of which worked on titles such as Sin & Punishment: Star Successor on Wii, were involved on Cotton Fantasy (a.k.a. Rock 'n' Roll).

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
Oh man I'm really hoping the western release goes outside of only Strictly Limited. I had a preorder of Reboot regular edition through them, cancelled it, ordered the regular retail release and it still arrived sooner than my preorder from SLG would.

Just wanted to see if things did change since Furher Rot left the forum. Just and negative and vile as ever. Go smoke weed. A lot of you need it.