Covid question for UK members

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I was planning on going to Scotland/London next week. I'm looking at the UK sites to verify covid restrictions for travel and am reading conflicting information. Both my fiance and I are vaccinated in the US, and are US citizens.

My big question to UK members is, can I go to the UK from the US and not need to be quarantined for 10 days? We planned on being between Scotland and London for only a week as i have other things going on at work. I can't afford to be quarantined for 10 days, or even the early release 5 days scheme they offer. I just want to know before I book the flight.

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
According to this, a 10 day quarantine and two covid tests are still required.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Yeah, as above, 2 tests and 10 days self isolation. It's a joke really, we're a fucking mess here at the moment so telling other countries they need to isolate is cringe.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
ALL I know... is that the UK's travel policy is fucked beyond belief for International stuff...

I had 3 Holidays cancelled this year... and each time was a ballache...

FIRST 2 times they offered me "vouchers"... which i took and pre-booked again...

By the 3rd time I got pissed and demanded my money back...

xROTx

PS. My advice... stay where you are... rules can change in an INSTANT! and it will be you paying the costs....

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Thanks for the heads up, saved me about $3k in tickets.