CPS2 "C" screw removal question...

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Today I was talking to a friend of mine who is an arcade operator and he was telling me he wanted to get into CPS2 battery replacement. However, he was unsure what to use to remove the "C" stamped screw in his CPS2 boards. I had never noticed the screws myself until taking a look at my SFA3 today.

Does anyone have any info on how to remove these screws?

Thanks in advance.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
The actual "C" plug/bolt thing is made of aluminum and very soft. I use a drill and pair of pliers to remove them.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I dont even remove the C bolt. I just gently spread the top and bottom shell and slide the PCB out.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I dont even remove the C bolt. I just gently spread the top and bottom shell and slide the PCB out.

I never knew that was possible, learned something new.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Awesome, thanks a lot guys, I appreciate it. We figured we might have to drill out the bolt but he wanted to make sure there wasn't another way first.

Thanks again.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I never knew that was possible, learned something new.

Yup, that's the first thing I tried before drilling. It opens just enough to get the PCB out. Of course I don't think it would work on certain CPS2 games like that grandmaster one that has a big PCB in it. Probably better for the single layer PCBs.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
All you really need to do is grab the bottom of the bolt with something and pull straight up while wiggling slightly.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Part of the technique my friend.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
the top and bottom parts of the pin are only held together by friction, no threads or glue.