CPS2 Digital AV interface is adding support for MV1C boards

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Marqs has announced that the CPS DigiAV project will be adding support for Neo Geo with a forked firmware:

Github has been updated with documentation and install diagrams:

I'll be updating the model for the OMVS project to accommodate the hardware once I receive my kit and have a successful install working.

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Cruz and I both received our CPS DigiAV kits and competed installs with the new firmware flashed to the board, really messy with 16+ wires running across the board, but the embedded firmware with the kit has so many options to tweak and fine tune that the results are very promising:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If I want this, I'll probably have to buy it pre-built some day.

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
If I want this, I'll probably have to buy it pre-built some day.

Yeah, the mess of wires is unappealing, and not a fan of mounting with adhesives to the GRZ and the YSA2, but the fact that the kit is working is amazing :) Hopefully I can make a tray to allow it to be screwed into either a stock MV1C shroud or the OMVS.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
My issue is the side mount HDMI port. I am interested in this, but only if their was a way to use an HDMI extension, to the back of the CMVS.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
My issue is the side mount HDMI port. I am interested in this, but only if their was a way to use an HDMI extension, to the back of the CMVS.

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
Yeah, that side mount HDMI is annoying, and annoying that it sticks out decently far off the side of the MV-1C, there is no way I could fit this into my CMVS so I'd need to make a new enclosure so I had room to route it to the back. This is pretty awesome news and I will 100% be picking one up. I've been holding off on building a new CMVS until there was a decent way to have integrated HDMI that was actually good quality.

I'll just make a new enclosure with a bit more room to route it to the back, there are plenty of HDMI passthrough jacks that would do the trick. I'm not having my CMVS look like a raspberrypi with cables coming out all ends.

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
I'm almost done finalizing the rear plate for the OMVS with HDMI support, still need to tweak the internal mount for the HDMI board. It is currently sitting above the battery section of the MV1C, to avoid conflicting with the socket+EPROM height of any of the NBM and VMC revisions.

Seems to be running solid so far:

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Pic of the rear panel if it interests you :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210510-233244.jpg
    Screenshot_20210510-233244.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 33

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Boards are currently restocked on videogameperfection:

Last I chatted with them, they were under the impression that they would not be able to restock until 2022 given the component shortage.

kei_dash

n00b
Hi @avramce , could you record a MVS HDMI video with scanlines?
I have a OMVS from Taitoc and I'm very interested in apply this mod to it.

Regards,

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Hi @avramce , could you record a MVS HDMI video with scanlines?
I have a OMVS from Taitoc and I'm very interested in apply this mod to it.

Regards,
Sure thing bud, I'll be doing an install for someone later this week, so I'll try to get captures done with my Elgato. I'll ask around if anyone has videos of their units with scan lines enabled.

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
Would love to see a solution like this eventually work its way to the AES. I could finally get rid of my OSSC.

kei_dash

n00b
Been making progress on the MV1C install kit, just in testing with a few people at the moment. The parts shortage has killed the availability of the CPSdigiAV, but the installation is cleaner with the QSBs and mounting brackets at least:

Hi @avramce , any news on this? I have a Taitoc OMVS, a CPS2 Digital board, soldering material and would be interested in trying it out. Cheers!

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Sorry for the late response, I didn't realize I was browsing NG without being signed in for a while. I can send you a QSB kit with a replacement rear panel for the OMVS for $50+shipping, or can do the install on my end for $125+shipping within the USA.

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Another notable addition is that I adapted the brackets to work inside an Omega console. I created a mount for a keystone jack and rocker for the two UI buttons on the rear of the case.