CRT Fetish Thread

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Came to Athens to sort out some paperwork and parents house sorting and someone nearby was selling a 21 CRT Eizo tube for 25 euros. Was too good of a deal to skip.

This thing is massive. It needs a good clean but apart from some case cracks and scratches it seems to be in a pretty good state.

Eizo-T961-01.jpg

Eizo-T961-02.jpg

Eizo-T961-03.jpg

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
At one point i had 5 PVM/BVM's, 4 Sony Trinitron consumer CRT's, and 1 JVC I think it was? I got them ALL for free over the period of a couple months of hunting a couple years ago.

I'm down to 2 19" Ikegami's and I kept the behemoth 36" Trinitron CRT that was my parents. I regret not hanging onto all them longer so I could actually sell them instead of giving them away. But at least I know most of them went to people that actually wanted to use them for gaming at home. Keeping spares just takes up way too much space.

My winter project is going to be building a proper entertainment shelving unit to hold the big Sony, the Extron switch, and my systems.

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I miss this thread.

Recently got an XRGB2+ from Razo, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I'm using a dell rebranded sony trinitron 20" monitor, the pictures don't do it justice but you can tell the quality is pretty good. Honestly, it's a better picture than some older PVMs I've had.

Full album:
The xrgb2 or 2 plus teamed up with a good computer monitor really is the bees knees. I had my sigma cps2 setup hooked up through the xrgb2 going to a Sony gdm fw900 and its probably the best picture quality I've ever seen.

Maybe not as good the picture quality on the Toei monitor in the Neo Mvu I used to own but pretty damn close.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Just got this delivered, guy didn't want to send it so he delivered it.
9" tv/satellite receiver combo. Other pic is for size reference (14" tv's)
IMG_20210427_161240_658.jpg
IMG_20210427_161240_674.jpg

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
I miss this thread.

Recently got an XRGB2+ from Razo, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I'm using a dell rebranded sony trinitron 20" monitor, the pictures don't do it justice but you can tell the quality is pretty good. Honestly, it's a better picture than some older PVMs I've had.

Full album:
I'm glad to hear that the quality is at least comparable to a PVM. I have had a Sony Trinitron monitor as well for a long time, but always wondered if the PVM was ultimately the only way to go. If it's not really that huge a leap though, I would rather stick with what I have.

Burning Blade

Crazed MVS Addict
I've been working on this on and off for a long time. Finally got something I'm happy with. 4 player Nintendo 64 where everyone gets their own monitor. No emulation, no software, no mods. Running on a genuine N64. Monitors are NEC XM29.

yzVm4J3h.jpg
This is fucking heavenly!

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Does anyone know what to with an Arcade Forge sync strike I have, that doesn't seem to work?
I have tried it with a 2950QM, where the AES (with no game installed) shows the white screen, but the screen is constantly moving down (lack of vertical hold?).
When I use it with a 9045QM, it shows a purple screen (unless the Blue Only button is turned on, in which case it's a white screen), with some garbling of the screen at the top.

In both cases, turning the strike on and off has no effect. It seems like the strike isn't applying any cleaning effect to the sync (it seems like it's just a pass-through). But I thought maybe the 9045QM doesn't need the sync to be cleaned, so it should work as just a pass-through anyway, but it doesn't. The strike is some years old, and I had the idea it might be worn out. It hasn't worked with the 2950QM in at least the last couple of years. I have used it with a 5V 3A power adaptor, and maybe I had it running for some time with the power and ground wires connected the wrong way around, which may have damaged the LM1881 chip. There seemed to be a smell from the sync strike, at one point, when the power supply was connected. That's all I can think of, that could have caused the strike to stop working.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I miss this thread.

Full album:
Yo, that’s that shit right there! You got yourself a rebadged Sony G520, if it has two VGA ports on the back.

this was my go-to before cabs; 360&DC input 1, XRGB input 2, so yummy.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Yo, that’s that shit right there! You got yourself a rebadged Sony G520, if it has two VGA ports on the back.

this was my go-to before cabs; 360&DC input 1, XRGB input 2, so yummy.
It sure does have the 2 inputs. It was a gift from a coworker probably 10 years ago (along with a PowerMac 7500), and I use it all the time. Right now aside from XRGB2+, the other input is an extension of my iMac's desktop lol.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Well…I think I’m going to be heading to the Dogg house for this one…
Took my daughter to swimming lessons this morning and passed this church which has a TV set out by the road, noted it and said I’d check it out on the way back. On our way back we had to head to TSC because we need some horse feed so we had the truck. Cruise by the church suspect is still sitting there, as I slow I notice the old school Trinitron logo and we stop.

1624735594104.jpeg
1624735688674.jpeg
It’s a KX-2501 from 1982! A little younger than me. SOB is the heaviest monitor I’ve lifted, probably why it has it’s own slide handles on top. Need to look into what kind of inputs it accepts. Wife gave me the raised eye brow of “another one”?

looks to be in good shape need to brush the grass off…

Last edited:

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
That's a unicorn for sure! It's a Sony from the "ProFeel" line.

There's a little plastic plug protector you can pull-out on that rectangular RGB Multi Input port on the top, right? That's the same 34-pin RGBS port my 12" version of this ProFeel line has, and my 25XBR (the model which came after this) uses as well:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
That's a unicorn for sure! It's a Sony from the "ProFeel" line.

There's a little plastic plug protector you can pull-out on that rectangular RGB Multi Input port on the top, right? That's the same 34-pin RGBS port my 12" version of this ProFeel line has, and my 25XBR (the model which came after this) uses as well:

Yeah, it does have the rubber cover on the RGB multi. That DIN multi input looks like a Genesis or AES.

I was able to clean the grass off the glass and fire it up. Hooked the AES up via composite and looks very nice, I can’t take a good picture to do it justice. Had some extra Sony speakers and hooked them up too.

I need to take it apart and give it a cleaning.

1624739326348.jpeg

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Before and after, replaced the 3 small screens.
Was 1x 14" trinitron the other was a 14" marquant, nothing special but has great colors. In the middle was a 10" sattelite receiver tv.
Now it's B&O MX4002 and an MX4000 both have rgb and 50/60Hz so they play any region. 21" screen. Besides trinitron, probably the best screen you can get.

Attachments

• IMG_20210706_162021_482.jpg
    IMG_20210706_162021_482.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20210706_162021_494.jpg
    IMG_20210706_162021_494.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 16