Custom Neo Sticks

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
So I was going to take a crack at building some sticks for my CMVS.

I found this layout from the HardMVS website...
http://hardmvs.com/manuals/neoLayout.jpg

It looks fine, my only question is if it's up to snuff with the control panel of an actual big red cabinet. There were cab manuals on HardMVS, but none of them seemed to have any measurements for the CP itself.

Maybe it would be worth my time to just get a reproduction control panel and just make a 2-player stick out of it? Has anyone ever done that?

Thanks.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Slagcoin is an amazing site. It taught me an immeasurable amount about building joysticks and I still refer to it for button layouts. Pure gold.

Wow, that's a badass guide.

Thanks for the link!

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
i never liked how a lot of MVS layouts have the D button higher than the B and C. What kind of animal has a longer pinky finger than the rest?!

Also, YO BEEF! I’d just mod a cheap sticklike a mayflash or old crusty tekken5 HRAP.

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Last edited:

jtucci31

n00b
I'm pretty sure I've seen other threads of people who have made their own neo sticks. Lots of awesome looking ones that gave me some cool ideas. The stuff you guys posted is helpful as well, I was just thinking today about exact button layouts.

I've never really done this type of thing before but sort of figured it would be a decent starter project for a newbie like myself since the controllers don't require any boards in them. May have to wait to be a summer project, but I've been saving some threads I've found on here so far.