DaFuq Apple

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I have their shitty "Magic Mouse" at home...piece of crap eats freakin AA batteries. The sad part is that it isn't even used that often.

I bought a Logitech M510 for work...bought it early 2014...use it all day, 5 days a week. Just had to swap out the stock batteries a few weeks ago...almost 2 years later.

I will say that Apples keyboards are the shit though...I loved mine so much, I took it to work.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
7 may lose its headphone port.

I love iOS and won't own a PC - but the 6 platform is garbage.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
since trendies will buy anything they shit out .. well.. they will continue shitting out crap like this case...

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
7 may lose its headphone port.

Yeah, that's stupid. And their excuse is that they will be able to make the iPhone 7 even thinner. To which I say -- how much fucking thinner do we need our phones? Pretty soon they'll cut our fucking hands if we grab them wrong...

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Nissan fucking suck, too. I can't drive my car whilst I fill the tank with gas. It's bullshit, really.

I love the Magic Mouse. I have the original version and just use rechargeable batteries. They last about a month before I have to swap them and recharge. If you're not a moron, you'd just recharge the new one over night once a week or so. I know how difficult that sounds, but it should be manageable.

What Apple designers need to get fired over is that new battery case. That is some fugly shit.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Apple will ditch the headphone port because then they can sell you a pair of proprietary "premium" headphones to replace the pieces of shit that come in the box. That or they'll start selling bluetooth headphones that cost an arm & a leg.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Apple will ditch the headphone port because then they can sell you a pair of proprietary "premium" headphones to replace the pieces of shit that come in the box. That or they'll start selling bluetooth headphones that cost an arm & a leg.

Yep, gonna sneak a way to sell you beats in there somehow.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Reminds me of how the latest Macbook Air only has one port on the unit, and it's a USB 3.1. If you need to charge while you are looking at something on a flash drive, you're in a bit of a jam :/

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Reminds me of how the latest Macbook Air only has one port on the unit, and it's a USB 3.1. If you need to charge while you are looking at something on a flash drive, you're in a bit of a jam :/

Yeah, that's also bullshit. (I think that's just the MacBook though, not the Air.) It's similar to removing the headphone jack. Why do phones need to be thinner? They're fragile as fuck now. Give me a chode phone and I'd be all over that.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
If it was free, I would exchange my old Magic Mouse (used exclusively in the living room, very infrequently) for one of these new ones that don't eat batteries that cost money.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Usually you'd charge it when you're sleeping, is it only offered as wireless?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Lol, they put the charging port on the bottom of the mouse. God forbid you want to charge the mouse and use it at the same time. What a cluster fuck.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
...and i usually charge overnite my wireless headset, phone, laptop, tablet, razer naga, and vibrator.
but sometimes i don't. and every single one of those can be used while charging.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,

THIS. 100%

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I use a wired Logitech MX 518 on my main computer. I could never use a Magic Mouse for more than a few minutes at a time, but it's very practical in the living room.

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
...and I swear, the thing has some sort of magic fusion device in the thing, with as little battery power as it consumes.

Back when I had a digital camera that took AA batteries, after the camera said they were empty I could still run my Logitech for months with them.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Back when I had a digital camera that took AA batteries, after the camera said they were empty I could still run my Logitech for months with them.

Aw man...digital cameras...

I had a Canon purchased back in 2005, took 3xAA batteries. I swear to God, every time I would turn that damn thing on, it would tell me to change the batteries (I would use it one or twice every few months). One time I got a wild hair up my ass and decided to meter out the remaining voltage...they all were registering somewhere in the 1.3-1.4vdc range...so a whopping .1v off of new. That camera must have had a seriously tight, sensitive voltage range. New batteries would have been 4.5vdc...once that total dropped to 3.6vdc or so...no-go. Like you, I would just take those and put them in toys, remotes, etc (at the time my daughter had a ton of little kid toys that took AAs).

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
The Verge's design team should be fired too. Needing to enable javascript to view images.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member

My electric toothbrush does the same fucking thing. The one I had before ran A LOT longer on two AA batteries.

jugu

New Challenger
I hated having to constantly replace the batteries on the keyboard and mouse. I was using this at work everyday and the batteries would last about a 5 weeks in the mouse less than that in the keyboard. Went backed to wired keyboard and mouse. Not going back.