Damn, Coachella seems very lame this year

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Maybe it's old age, but nothing here stands out to me.
12469463_10153721926006648_6015410427533595857_o.jpg

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
If this were 20 years ago, it'd be great to see Underworld. Other then that, Matthew Dear ocassionally releases some cool tracks(wouldn't go to Coachella just for him though).

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Axel,Slash, and Duff GnR plus the Reunited NWA with either Kendrik Lamaror Eminem are going to be the big draws. I can honestly say after reading through that whole list I know five or six acts at best.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I'm always leery about GnR - Axl has a shitty track record for showing up to performances.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I'm always leery about GnR - Axl has a shitty track record for showing up to performances.

They're announcing a world tour tonight on Kimmel. I think for one last payday that fat bastard will be on stage around 9, then get on the bus around 11 eating some cake and feeling fine.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I guess it's old(ish) age. I'm underwhelmed by most music festival lineups nowadays. Too many bands I don't give a shit about or don't even recognize.

grandmascrack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Agreed. You can really feel your age when you don't know 90% of the acts on there (and after looking in to a few of them, I'll stay ignorant thankyouverymuch).

I'd go and see Deafheaven and Run The Jewels though, even then I give zero shits about going to shows anymore.

Last edited:

sparksterz

Camel Slug
So by that same logic, in order for it to have bands you gave a shit about or recognized...wouldn't they all have to be old and likely as underwhelming due to being out of their prime? Sounds to me like everything is underwhelming by those standards/

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The best part of a music festival is not seeing bands that you are a fan of. The best part is seeing bands you don't know anything about.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I like M83 and Chvrches, but you can just see them on a standard tour.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Not just Guns N Roses, but ACTUAL Guns N Roses with Slash and shit. If Axel Rose lost like 200 pounds since the last time we saw him, it could be good again.

Are you there to hear him sing or fuck him?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
lineup is straight garbage

rothbury will be better

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
GnR is pretty damn great IMO. If they sound anything like they were or capture any of that early 90s magic it is gonna be gud. I will make up for lost time and see them live when they come to town.

LCD Soundsystem...didn't they just break up and their MSG shows were the last chance to see them live? We are all getting played.

gusmoney

10 Year Member
LCD Soundsystem said:
He also addressed the fans who "feel betrayed by us coming back and playing," which he said he hadn稚 thought about after "clearly" anticipating a more cynical response. "if you cared a lot about our band, and you put a lot of yourself into that moment (or anything about us you chose), and you feel betrayed now, then i completely understand that," he wrote. "to you i have to say: i知 seriously sorry. the only thing we can do now is get back into the studio and finish this record, and make it as fucking good as we can possibly make it."

I actually saw pitchfork tweet this article right after I posted. I am happy for fans of them (roker), it just seemed odd to have all of that bluster for not. Ultimately, I guess they recognize that. Hopefully some more good music is en route.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I knew of them back in the day but didn't get into them until they were retiring. It's one of those bands I have a FOMO about. I already missed the Beastie Boys and New Order with Peter Hook, so it's good to know I might have a chance to finally see LCD up live.

gusmoney

10 Year Member
I saw the Beasties on the Hello Nasty tour in a very large venue and it was kind of (it pains me to say this) lame TBH. DJ Hurricane was gone by then, that didn't help. BS2000 was a fun small show, however. Gave Adrock an ear full.

I hear you on the New Order front.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I saw the Beasties on the Hello Nasty tour in a very large venue and it was kind of (it pains me to say this) lame TBH. DJ Hurricane was gone by then, that didn't help. BS2000 was a fun small show, however. Gave Adrock an ear full.

I hear you on the New Order front.

Could have just been the show. Most rap acts aren't good live. I caught Wu Tang twice until they put on a good show. A Tribe Called Quest were amazing (one of those acts I wanted to see). Nas and snoop were good too as was common. But those were exceptions. It's all about banter and the energy of the performers and the crowds reaction.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
What the fuck is a Coachella? Some kind of music festival? Like Lollapalooza?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
These festivals all suck now because the big well known bands want a kings ransom to play. In the old days their main income came from cd sales but now it is live shows. Unless you want to pay $300 a ticket this is how it is now. Blame iTunes and teh pirates.

Last edited: