Dariusburst PSP

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I haven't played shooters in years. I recently downloaded Dariusburst on my Vita, I bought it when it came out in 2009 - was it really that long ago??

I've unlocked the first ship, Burst Mode, and Mission Mode. I found out I need to beat Burst Mode to unlock the third Legacy ship.

I don't have a good high score yet, can only make it to the fourth level without continuing. So far I'm enjoying this. My favorite Darius will always be G. Darius for PSone, but I'm finding this game enjoyable.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yea I like Darius Burst too, my fav will always be Darius II, would love a full size cab of it one day.

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
Yea I like Darius Burst too, my fav will always be Darius II, would love a full size cab of it one day.

Just last week I discovered Dariusburst in the arcade, a huge two screen cabinet. I didn't know it existed (apparently for YEARS), and I just loved it. There was a turn around button, cool music and decent, not great, graphics.

I would love to play Darius II in an arcade. I wonder if MAME can do it justice on our widescreen computer monitors. I may have to experiment with that.

I remember getting Darius Gaiden on Saturn, but it was after I played G. Darius, so I couldn't appreciate it.

I've been playing G. Darius on the Vita, but Dariusburst is made for the system, so it's much nicer. I d/led G. Darius for the PS3 and it was beautiful. It's in my top 3 shooters of all time, maybe my favorite. Since I've aged and become slow I can't handle Cave shooters anymore.

EDIT - Just tried Darius II on Mame. The graphics are incredible! The sound wasn't working quite right, but I could get a feel for the game. It's very nice.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Just last week I discovered Dariusburst in the arcade, a huge two screen cabinet. I didn't know it existed (apparently for YEARS), and I just loved it. There was a turn around button, cool music and decent, not great, graphics.

I would love to play Darius II in an arcade. I wonder if MAME can do it justice on our widescreen computer monitors. I may have to experiment with that.

I remember getting Darius Gaiden on Saturn, but it was after I played G. Darius, so I couldn't appreciate it.

I've been playing G. Darius on the Vita, but Dariusburst is made for the system, so it's much nicer. I d/led G. Darius for the PS3 and it was beautiful. It's in my top 3 shooters of all time, maybe my favorite. Since I've aged and become slow I can't handle Cave shooters anymore.

EDIT - Just tried Darius II on Mame. The graphics are incredible! The sound wasn't working quite right, but I could get a feel for the game. It's very nice.

Yea the sound on Mame is horrible, but I once setup to LCDs side by side and played it how it would be seen in the arcades. I would assume one of the arcades in japan has a Darius II cab setup. I'm sure I saw pics of one setup using 55inch RPTVs :D

edit: well here is the pic I saw lol
1615509851_49b0b6ad90.jpg

Last edited:

-D-

Zero's Secretary
Game Grid here in SLC has the only Darius Burst cab in North America; every time I'm anywhere near there I try to make a stop in to play it, it's great.

The PSP version is really quite good, probably a top 3 of the series, though obviously pales in comparison to the cab.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Game Grid here in SLC has the only Darius Burst cab in North America

Not true, there is a Darius Burst cab at Round 1 in the City of Industry, CA. :)

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
Yea the sound on Mame is horrible, but I once setup to LCDs side by side and played it how it would be seen in the arcades. I would assume one of the arcades in japan has a Darius II cab setup. I'm sure I saw pics of one setup using 55inch RPTVs :D

edit: well here is the pic I saw lol
1615509851_49b0b6ad90.jpg

Awesome! That looks like the Hey! Taito arcade in Akihabara. I have to go back there again. Thank you Darius for getting me interested in Japanese games again.

PSP Dariusburst for 80 dollars?? That's insane. Looks like you can buy it digitally on the Japanese store for 4,000 yen, and do the UMD Passport thingy for 1,000 yen. 4k yen for Dariusburst is a bit much.

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
I found a boxed copy of PSP Dariusburst for 4,500 yen at the used store the other day. I can't believe it's 80+ USD on ebay.com. Seems ridiculous.

G. Darius will always be my favorite, but Dariusburst's mission mode and difficulty are getting me into it.

G. Darius - THIS MUSIC .. Industrial BEATS:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Nice scoop RB! Wish we could get it for that price around here, that and R-type Tactics II: Operation Bittersweet Chocolate are real expensive nowadays.

-D-

Zero's Secretary
Nice scoop RB! Wish we could get it for that price around here, that and R-type Tactics II: Operation Bittersweet Chocolate are real expensive nowadays.

I'll cut you an awesome deal on my extra sealed copy of the game if you'll sell me a Pulstar. ; P

I had a pending order at Play-Asia.com, but it seems it went out of print for awhile, then I ordered a copy elsewhere and forgot to cancel the order and play-asia sent me a copy when it got a reprint(not a best reprint, identical to the original).

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'll cut you an awesome deal on my extra sealed copy of the game if you'll sell me a Pulstar. ; P

I had a pending order at Play-Asia.com, but it seems it went out of print for awhile, then I ordered a copy elsewhere and forgot to cancel the order and play-asia sent me a copy when it got a reprint(not a best reprint, identical to the original).

Oh nice, but no Pulstar leaves my Panda Island™ :D

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
I had some time to kill and was changing trains in Akihabara station. I saw this plastered on a building:
168557_10151570657081271_295371136_n.jpg

Here's a poster for the game itself:
484683_10151570657676271_1102493320_n.jpg

I decided to plug a few hours into the cabinet at the Taito arcade. It had a headphone jack, so I could use my own headphones and also enjoy the sub woofer on the system. I found a video of the first few levels:

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
They had a Darius Burst cab at the Goodge Street Arcade in London.

I was going to take a picture, but some monkey boy working there started having a go at me.

Why on earth couldn't I take a pic? Arcades need as much publicity as they can get.

That aside I had a blast, and could have played all day.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
I found a boxed copy of PSP Dariusburst for 4,500 yen at the used store the other day. I can't believe it's 80+ USD on ebay.com. Seems ridiculous.

G. Darius will always be my favorite, but Dariusburst's mission mode and difficulty are getting me into it.

G. Darius - THIS MUSIC .. Industrial BEATS:

I agree, it's a good game but not worth that sort of money.

northernsoul

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I really wish some form of Darius was available on the U.S. PSN store. I have a Japanese account on my PS3, but could never be bothered with the memory card swapping on the Vita. It's starting to look a lot more appealing after reading this thread.

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
I really wish some form of Darius was available on the U.S. PSN store. I have a Japanese account on my PS3, but could never be bothered with the memory card swapping on the Vita. It's starting to look a lot more appealing after reading this thread.

You could get PSO2 as well. I'm buying a new big expensive Vita memory card today. It's a shame that Dariusburst and G. Darius are the only Darius games on the PSN store. I would love to get some more.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Darius Burst was really perfect on the PSP. Shame that I sold it (together with everything PSP), even worse is the fact that it isn't available on the US PSN. Most look gorgeous on the Vita screen.

-D-

Zero's Secretary
Darius Burst was really perfect on the PSP. Shame that I sold it (together with everything PSP), even worse is the fact that it isn't available on the US PSN. Most look gorgeous on the Vita screen.

I really don't think PSP games look better on Vita, and worst of all there is a tiny touch of input lag.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
You guys are soooo lucky. No Dariusburst for American PSN. But I love to play it at Round 1 in City of Industry! That cabinet is something else. Simply amazing.