Darksoft's CPS3 SuperBios Cart conversion service(MuLtI-GaMe)+Standard SH2 cart conversion

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
You need to write the game using the CD I sent to you. The multi CD. Originals will no longer work. Hold P1 start while booting. After the menu comes up select write new game and choose a game to write.

Alrighty cool. Thanks a million man! =]

undamned

Pleasure Goal
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Also, Windows guys can use Winhex to write the SD card just fine:

Run Winhex as Admin
Go to tools>clonedisk
select ISO file as source
Select the sd card as destination
Use 0 as the start sector

This will work in the SCSI2SD, no Linux or DD needed.
Sweet, thanks! So looking forward to playing with this and my CPS2 multi! :D
-ud

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Also, Windows guys can use Winhex to write the SD card just fine:

Run Winhex as Admin
Go to tools>clonedisk
select ISO file as source
Select the sd card as destination
Use 0 as the start sector

This will work in the SCSI2SD, no Linux or DD needed.

I tried this method and just get the please insert valid CD/1P to eject error.

Using the SH2 ISO and starting at 0.
SCSI2SD is already configured.

Edit: Runs fine now. Instead of Clonedisk, I used Restore Image instead, which is under file in WinHex. Compare came back with no differences. Game booted right up.

Last edited:

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried this method and just get the please insert valid CD/1P to eject error.

Using the SH2 ISO and starting at 0.
SCSI2SD is already configured.

Edit: Runs fine now. Instead of Clonedisk, I used Restore Image instead, which is under file in WinHex. Compare came back with no differences. Game booted right up.

Good info. Clonedisk worked for me but good to know there is another method to use.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Okay guys, maybe you can help me.
A while ago, about a year now, I had the darksoft mod done to my CPS3 Third Strike cart after it decided to grenade itself. I received the cart and burnt CD from Mitsurugi I believe, and as I was moving at the time, just left it in its box. Now that Im setting up my arcade stuff again, I went to plug it all back up and it wont play at all. It just came up with a garbled graphic on the screen. So I took it out of the cab and made myself a mini supergun/test bench tonight to trouble shoot the problem.

The same thing happens. No sound, just a screwed up graphic on the screen like a dusty nes cart. I reseated the SIMMS a whole bunch and even tried my other CPS3 mobo, I have two total and the other one results in "no signal" being displayed on my vga monitor from my encoder. Ive heard the OG SCUSI CD drives go bad but mine powers on, opens and closes and spins, so Im assuming its not that. So Im at a total loss.

Here are some pics of my setup and the two boards;

The other board:

Sick ranger helmets bro

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Finally got my SCSI2SD up and running! (Getting a useable SD card out of Mac OS X was a command line nightmare) Anyone know if there is a way to adjust the speed it reads/writes? And if so, would making it emulate 20x or 40x actually effect the CPS3's write speed? I know they have fast SCSI CD drives, but I don't know if the CPS3 actually takes advantage of that.

It definitely feels like it's going 1x right now :lolz:

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got my SCSI2SD up and running! (Getting a useable SD card out of Mac OS X was a command line nightmare) Anyone know if there is a way to adjust the speed it reads/writes? And if so, would making it emulate 20x or 40x actually effect the CPS3's write speed? I know they have fast SCSI CD drives, but I don't know if the CPS3 actually takes advantage of that.

It definitely feels like it's going 1x right now :lolz:

The reason it takes so long is because the flashing algorithm in the bios is horrible and inefficient. The only way to speed it up is to rewrite the algorithm. But then again....I don't want to spoil any surprises.....

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
The reason it takes so long is because the flashing algorithm in the bios is horrible and inefficient. The only way to speed it up is to rewrite the algorithm. But then again....I don't want to spoil any surprises.....

OH SHIT!

time to get another CPS3 board!

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
But then again....I don't want to spoil any surprises.....

SICK!

So I ran into a bit of an issue! Loaded up Red Earth to give it a go and when I hit start to begin a game I get a "No CD Rom" error. I heard there was issues with Warzard before but I thought it was working now, is that not the case? I'm using the custom SH2 cart and the SCSI2SD. They game boots up fine, attract mode and settings work fine, you can coin up too, but when you hit start it gives the error. Any Ideas?

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SICK!

So I ran into a bit of an issue! Loaded up Red Earth to give it a go and when I hit start to begin a game I get a "No CD Rom" error. I heard there was issues with Warzard before but I thought it was working now, is that not the case? I'm using the custom SH2 cart and the SCSI2SD. They game boots up fine, attract mode and settings work fine, you can coin up too, but when you hit start it gives the error. Any Ideas?

You know it's a bit funny. Warzard worked on earlier ISOs. I tested them myself but it looks like I never actually tested them on the final ISO. It seems like a bug was introduced into the final isos somehow. The really funny thing is that the "Final" ISO is a year and a half old and this error was only reported to us recently. I guess no one wants to play it.

It is on the list of things to do. Darksoft will have to track down what was changed that is causing the error. Hopefully he can do it sooner than later. There is A LOT on both of our plates right now. Once it is fixed the ISOS will be available for download. I played through the game several times with no issues so I know it was working prior to this version of the isos.

yoooooon

n00b
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just picked up 2 standard SH2 carts for some friends that are taking them to EVO.

I am hella jealous of the solder skills. Shit looks amazing!

I will be back for more!

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up 2 standard SH2 carts for some friends that are taking them to EVO.

I am hella jealous of the solder skills. Shit looks amazing!

I will be back for more!

Thanks bro!

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SICK!

Everyone please download your version of the updated SuperBIOS CD below and test Warzard extensively. We ran several tests and the issue seems to be resolved. Would love to have some community feedback though. Thanks!

Custom SH-2 version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/p8eieg5zz47rmk6/UniCD-CPS3_for_custom_SH2_V5.7z

Standard SH-2 Version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qpwnen5a2uy011p/UniCD-CPS3_for_standard_SH2_V4.7z

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hey Mitsu, I sent you my NG cart for superbios+SH2 mod, Pm'd you here and I think I also did it on the arcade projects site, but I don't know if you got it since my internet has been acting funny this week.

Last edited: