Darksoft's Next Project

Which Multi kit would you like to see next?

• Taito F3 Multi

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • Neo Geo Multi

Votes: 79 73.8%
  • System 246 Multi

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

darksoft

DO NOT ASK ROT, FOR ACCOUNT DELETION, WHEN HE'S ON
As I will have hopefully all CPS2 ready very soon and after sending them will have a lot of free time, just wanted to check which project you think I should go for next.

Well, actually next one will be a DECO Multi Kit which I promised Mitsurgui and Allen Woods, but that should be ready in couple of weeks.

What next?

Price for NG and TF3 would be again around $300, for 246/256 would be around half of that.

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Just gonna say this.

Based on previous drama, don't count on the neo multi playing CS2, or working with any unibios above 3.2

/my2pennies.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Oh, jeez... do I have to pick just one? I want them all. o_o

(Random list of what I think each multi would do...)

Taito F3 Multi
- 36 games including greats like Elevator Action Returns, Cleopatra Fortune, Space Invaders 95, Twin Cobra II, Gakirindan, Darius Gaiden.
- ability to play the never-released prototype games like Twin Quix, Recalhorn, etc.
- ability to play the dedicated PCB games like Light Bringer, Rayforce, etc.
- ability to play the really, really rare games like Darius Gaiden Extra Version.

Neo Geo Multi
- a zillion games finally all in one place running perfectly.
- ability to finally pick the games you want on a multi-cart. (Want only the Shmups, Action, and Puzzle games? Go for it.)
- no more need to choose between different crappy Chinese bootlegs.
- works on both AES/MVS without issue?

System 246 Multi
[This one I'm kind of scratching my head at how it'd work as I've heard this was impossible to create without sacrificing an existing memory card or someone getting the system to boot from a USB port. Interested to actually hear how this type of thing would work as it sounds like it's the most complicated to create.]
- a security multi-dongle that works with both the 246 and 256?
- load one cracked memory card at a time to boot great games like Soul Calibur II/III, Tekken 5, and even the impossible find games like Idolmaster?
- all you need is a CD-R/DVD-R of the game to play the games?

Last edited:

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
The problem I have with System 246 is 75%+ of the games are special setup games. IE driving, light gun, Taiko, network MMORPGs (which I would love to see, but they would require a server), and then the rest are gundam games.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
CV1000B / SH-3 multi

:vik:

That would be awesome, particularly if it had CV1000D support as well. Technically it "could", since it would only have to provide the larger sized flash.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
The problem I have with System 246 is 75%+ of the games are special setup games. IE driving, light gun, Taiko, network MMORPGs (which I would love to see, but they would require a server), and then the rest are gundam games.

Don't forget that if you have a Namco 256, you can't even play certain games like Tekken 4 (won't boot on a 256) or Bloody Roar 3 (had it's own early 246 version).

Be interesting to see if Darksoft or someone figured out just what the heck is wrong with Tekken 4's code that prevents it from booting on a 256.

That said, I think most people would use a 245/256 Multi to play the fighting games like Soul Calibur II, Soul Calibur III, Capcom Fighting Jam, Tekken 5.1, and Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection. There's also Sengoku Basara X, Super Dragon Ball Z, Fate/Unlimited Codes, the two Kinnikuman Muscle games, and that terrible Yu Yu Hakusho game.

As for the Gundam games... Gundam Vs Gundam Next is a really solid game and really the only one worth playing.

There's also a nice hidden gem on the system... Technic Beat.

It's a nice little chunk of games, but you have to have dongles/discs for them all (or hard drives).

Last edited:

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
That would be awesome, particularly if it had CV1000D support as well. Technically it "could", since it would only have to provide the larger sized flash.

It's not practical, it isn't a cart based system + the only input where you can feed / reprogram roms is too slow from what I understand.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
The neo multi shouldn't be an issue with raz. Put a socket for a unibios and the buyer can order from raz. Those of us with a unibios are already set.

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
Isn't possible for the Neo multi finally be something like a neo geo everdrive?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I voted Neo multi but before that I would actually like to see a PGM multi that can also play the cave boards.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic

That doesn't really sound practical given SH3 boards are dedicated PCBs with no removable chips. (Always wondered what the expansion slots were for, though... but I don't think I'd want to risk a $300+ PCB to find out.)

Last edited: