DayZ

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Anyone getting amongst this post-apocalyptic MMO/RPG/FPS with perma-death?

I managed to get about two hours in last night after successfully modding the Arma 2 client and updating the mod and client with DayZ Commander.

This game is really something else. Something that I think every self-respecting gamer should experience. It may not be for everyone, but I'm personally hooked!

I ended up crawling my way into a shed while avoiding zombies and found a hatchet. I used that to take out about 10 zombies which gave me food and ammo. I ended up suffering from extreme pain and blood loss because I was getting too confident in taking down zombies. I fell unconscious and was munched. The end...

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The standalone was released on Steam this morning. While it's still in ALPHA, this could very well be the most engaging FPS around. Anyone who's even slightly interested I suggest give it a go. Don't hesitate, this game is amazing!

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I need to buy this.

I bought The War Z, now Infestation Stories..lol..I think that's it, all because they billed as being DayZ...But now that the real deal is here, might as well give it a go...

Also if you like survival zombie games, I can't recommend enough State of Decay (have it on PC and 360)..Probably my favorite game I've played this year..I bought the expansion but have yet to actually play it.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Is the Alpha worth paying 29.99$?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Honestly, no, it is very buggy. At the moment I am only getting servers with complete darkness, no zombies and no loot. It's a known bug but makes the game totally un-playable.

I would wait a few months until they address this and others.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Honestly, no, it is very buggy. At the moment I am only getting servers with complete darkness, no zombies and no loot. It's a known bug but makes the game totally un-playable.

I would wait a few months until they address this and others.

Awesome thank you for the heads up.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
This looks very interesting to me... but I will wait for the later builds. Not like I have anything close to a shortage of games to play...

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
I think Rust is the new fun perma-death game to play. Don't look up videos on your work computer though.

Heath

, cheyne stoking
Anyone playing the standalone that i can join up with?

Scary ass place on your own.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Will this game ever be worth playing?

This thread is a good chart of the disappointment. I bought it on release day (December 16, 2013) and here we are almost three years later and this game is still in Alpha.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The creator abandoned the game. He made a shitload of money too.

The heyday of this game was the Arma II mod. I think I played about 5mins total of the standalone.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
The creator abandoned the game. He made a shitload of money too.

The heyday of this game was the Arma II mod. I think I played about 5mins total of the standalone.

Thats tragic.... Last I heard it was supposed to be ported to console. From what I had seen and heard I really wanted to play this game.