Dead bird

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
IMG_20210919_213441668~3.jpg
One of our finches died at work Sunday, and we have to report that to the company that periodically comes in and manages our aviary (they take away excess birds to avoid overpopulation, refill the nesting material, etc.--we just give them food & water and keep the glass clean), particularly the bands on their legs, so, I quickly sketched this for my boss before disposing of the deceased creature. Sure, I could have just taken a photo, but, this is more dramatic or some shit. (I really only have to write down the number of bands, their colors, and locations/order on the legs, drawings/photos aren't required).

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I thought you took care of dying old people

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Take a picture of the aviary.
I want to build a small one in my backyard.

Maybe 6' ×8' or so.

Why does the bird have three tags/bands?

Also nice drawing, Zebra finch?

Last edited:

@M

20 Year Member
Yes, Zebra Finch. Sorry, I'm not allowed to take and share photos of the aviary, possible HIPPA violation, as it's in a high traffic area and residents typically congregate around it (cell phones are forbidden on the floor too). I don't know what the leg bands represent, but, I would guess breeding lineage and age.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
You should make a scuplted figure of it and put it back in the cage so the patients think its still alive

@M

20 Year Member
There are probably still around 15 other finches in there, several that look exactly the same. The residents get upset when one dies, but, they quickly forget about it too.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
My mates younger sister once squeezed their pet parakeet to death in an attempt to force it to lay eggs.

• Wow
Reactions: @M