DEAR LORDY A NEW X REVIEW citing final fight??

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
LOL - "We have seen the odd video or blog about ‘its not the same as the original’ or the picture and sound doesn’t hold up and the quality isn’t good. Well – we say ‘rubbish to that’ Plus also if you have an extensive and expensive Neo Geo collection perhaps you might want to knock this product as its affecting your investment!!"

That's like saying MAME is destroying MVS kit values.

Last edited:

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
The X for once in my opinion is not even the issue here, How the hell does a website supposing to be a credible source for gaming old and new make that kind of error not only from an obvious point of view but also on something they supposedly just played and then subsequently reviewed, I wish so much they had stated how much they enjoyed final fight...........Utter utter ridiculousness, Then they slams everyone that picks up the mistake.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
The X for once in my opinion is not even the issue here, How the hell does a website supposing to be a credible source for gaming old and new make that kind of error not only from an obvious point of view but also on something they supposedly just played and then subsequently reviewed, I wish so much they had stated how much they enjoyed final fight...........Utter utter ridiculousness, Then they slams everyone that picks up the mistake.

Aside from the glaringly obvious error, that "review" reads like filler, it's link bait for traffic, and an advertisement for FunStock. Sometimes I like to laugh at "professional" game journalism as a concept/practice, especially in it's modern form, but I don't believe this filler piece/ad would even apply.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
"just those words SNK Playmore brought a dream-like state over us"

That made me laugh.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
They make it sound like SNK shat this turd out. SNK had nothing to do with this abomination. It's the fault of Blaze/Tommo for creating this shit stain on video gaming history. I wonder how much Funstock had to fork over for that ad?

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
They make it sound like SNK shat this turd out. SNK had nothing to do with this abomination. It's the fault of Blaze/Tommo for creating this shit stain on video gaming history. I wonder how much Funstock had to fork over for that ad?

Didn't you read the blurb?

Fret not, "the technology is all there".

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,

Fault, what do you mean by shit stain? Pipes, I honestly don't know where your disdain for the Neo•Geo® X™ comes from. Didn't you read they quoted an expert on facebook saying that the X is an "innovation" - I couldn't agree more, it's not like Tommo just rebranded some junk emu machine.

I can't wait for the new Neo•Geo® X™ Game Packs.

Didn't you read the blurb?

Fret not, "the technology is all there".

Now we're talking, I really have no idea why anyone would want to play these games on crusty old hardware, when you can take it into the next millennium for less than the cost of 1 homecart.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,

HAHHAAA - I thought I might catch shit for poo-pooing "video game journalism" - Instead I was linked to that juicy debacle. I know I've seen that Rot post w/wife, bbq, smudgedong before, but had totally forgotten or maybe never saw the entirety of that review. lol awesome.

With all that said, if we still had good game mags over here, I think that would be a crazy fun design/layout job!

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
Whats even funnier is that if you look at the bottom of the review 'Final Fight ' has been used as an article tag ha ha so they consciously made that choice at least twice, Must of written and thought hmm how am i gonna attract readers ah yes ill tag final fight ha ha ha

I'd actually get one of these for the US$ price, but in the UK it's waaaaay overpriced.
I've seen the Gold System go for as less as $99 in the US, here in the UK the lowest price is like £160 (around $250)

Elder

NEST Puppet
The more I read about this device, the more I actually want to review it myself lol. I had the chance to review one, but decided to go for a CMVS from Analogue Interactive instead. I think that was a much wiser choice on my part. Either way though, I think I'll end up reviewing one of these eventually just to see how really bad it is.

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
I'd actually get one of these for the US$ price, but in the UK it's waaaaay overpriced.
I've seen the Gold System go for as less as $99 in the US, here in the UK the lowest price is like £160 (around $250)

There is literally no point, i could build myself a pretty much replica neo arcade stick coupled with a compact pc and custom menu, Hook it up to my telly with mame and play the games with scanlines and perfect emulation for about £100

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
The more I read about this device, the more I actually want to review it myself lol. I had the chance to review one, but decided to go for a CMVS from Analogue Interactive instead. I think that was a much wiser choice on my part. Either way though, I think I'll end up reviewing one of these eventually just to see how really bad it is.

Reviewing something that is good is not automatically a better choice than reviewing something that is bad. In fact, I quite enjoy honest reviews of crappy games and devices.

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
Reviewing something that is good is not automatically a better choice than reviewing something that is bad. In fact, I quite enjoy honest reviews of crappy games and devices.

We all enjoy accurate and honest reviews, Hence this thread

pipes

Why would you even pay $99 USD for this pile of shit?.....seriously. The poor bastards that were duped at launch I can understand but still wanting one after this entire 8 month fiasco is fucking mind-boggling. How can people completely disregard how colossally horrible the X truly is?

How many would have bought this shit pile if it was branded properly?.......the TOMMO X and piss-poor emulation is really what you guys are drooling over. Fucking mind-boggling.

Crymore_zps489a8c31.jpg

Elder

NEST Puppet

In general that's very true, but since I was going to be bringing this home after it was reviewed I wanted to make damn sure I had something actually worthwhile, and since everyone said the X was more or less crap, I figured a CMVS was the wiser move to make. I still plan to pick up an X to do comparison videos and give it a proper shake-down, but all in good time I suppose.

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
Holy cow on the strength of being able to keep the review subject imagine choosing the X over the analogue, Although anyone with one eye would make the right decision here!

Elder

NEST Puppet
Holy cow on the strength of being able to keep the review subject imagine choosing the X over the analogue, Although anyone with one eye would make the right decision here!

Do keep in mind I had to pay $1450 for the CMVS, and the Neo Geo X would have been free. So needless to say that took a good chunk of my August budget in order to make it happen, but I still say it was well worth it in the end. It'll look stunning in my home entertainment center. I think the reps know that the X hasn't been doing very well as they haven't even returned my emails since I said I would do comparison videos to the CMVS. Guess I should have kept my mouth shut hehe.

pipes

I don't mean to take away from the NGX bashing but how did the CMVS cost you $1450?

Elder

NEST Puppet
I don't mean to take away from the NGX bashing but how did the CMVS cost you $1450?

Long story short, I wanted to do something that other media outlets hadn't done, so I decided to review a Black Label set. Most outlets reviewed the standard walnut or ash system/stick. The domestic set runs $1,299 without shipping, and with shipping to Canada that came to $1,450 or so. The set includes 2 sticks, the CMVS, 2 stick cable extensions, and every single cable hook-up (SCART, component, etc). I know it's a lot of cash, but I think it'll be worth it in the long run. Not only can I make quite a few videos just on the hardware alone, but it also allows me to start reviewing MVS carts.