DECO Cassette System Monitor Help

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Ok so this isn't Neo Geo related, but you guys are so knowledgeable I'm sure someone here can help.

After over a year of not turning my DECO Cassette System on, I plugged it in and started to play a game of BurgerTime. After a few minutes of playing there was a big blue spark in the back of the cabinet (I had the door open and could see it) and then the monitor went dead. The arcade board is fine and appears to still work as does the sound and the marquee lights, but the monitor no longer shows a picture. Everything looked fine right up until the moment of the spark, so I assume something on the monitor power board blew. At this point I'm guessing it's the flyback or HOT since the monitor doesn't appear to be getting any power whatsoever. I believe the monitor is a Sanwa 19".

Since this involves high voltage stuff, I'm not even going to attempt to repair it myself (besides, my repair skills are limited). So my next step is to find someone to come to my home and fix it since there's no way I can't get the chassis out myself to bring it somewhere. I found a local guy who came pretty highly recommended (SE Michigan area) but he says he doesn't repair that type of monitor but could come to my place and replace it with a Sanyo Ez20 for $450 (not sure if that's a good deal or not). Since the machine was barely used I'd like to keep the original monitor, but I'm not sure that's an option unless I can find someone who can repair the monitor instead of replacing it. The issue might actually be something simple, but I have no way of knowing.

Any advice? Anyone know of a good arcade repair person in SE Michigan?

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
You can definitely find a cheaper monitor than an 20EZ to replace it. Try to look for a G07 or K4600 or something.