Denver?

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
So it looks like I'll probably be moving to Denver soon, when looking for places to live I know to avoid East Colfax and Aurora. I've heard Englewood is decent and that Lakewood can be decent for cheap. I'd love to hear from some of the Denver members about decent areas of the metro (preferably cheap), I know there are more than a few of you.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
go to where they make that omelet.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
1380744_694334087271502_943637111_n_zpsf6623ac1.jpg

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Which place has the best bridges to sleep under?

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Agreed on east Colfax being kinda out there. Southeast Aurora isn't too bad from what I remember (closer to Parker). I kinda miss living in Denver in some ways. Good luck on the move. Denver has/had a number of decent indie game shops compared to where I am now. I used to hit the Game Force on Chambers & Illiff (sp?) all the time. Surprisingly enough it is still there (as of a couple years ago).

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I've only visited Denver but it's a nice place. Good luck with the move bro!

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I've heard Englewood is up to no good.

I have some friends out that way and have visited a couple times. I don't know much about town names or neighborhoods. Aurora I hear is good, but pricey. My buddy tells me the further East you go the worse it gets, so try and stay near the mountain side. I doubt that's much help.

noCLip

Camel Slug
Bummer man, thought you were gonna go to CSU. Everything going good? I got switched to overnights until the end of the month but was gonna throw a game night when I get off these shit ass 10 hour night shifts, if your still in foco or gotz a car now you're more than welcome to come.

As far as Denver goes, try and get a place close to the reason your moving there, be in school or work or a girl or whatever. Traffic is a nightmare and getting around is a bitch at peak hours. If you end up spending a little more a month it will probably be worth it from a hassle and gas standpoint.

JohnnyFever

Mr. Big's Thug
I live down in the Springs, but I liked the area around the Pearl Brewery. The area seemed decent, there's a great park nearby, and I hear there's a good farmer's market thereabouts. I agree with living closer to the mountains. It seems nicer out in that direction.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Bummer man, thought you were gonna go to CSU. Everything going good? I got switched to overnights until the end of the month but was gonna throw a game night when I get off these shit ass 10 hour night shifts, if your still in foco or gotz a car now you're more than welcome to come.

As far as Denver goes, try and get a place close to the reason your moving there, be in school or work or a girl or whatever. Traffic is a nightmare and getting around is a bitch at peak hours. If you end up spending a little more a month it will probably be worth it from a hassle and gas standpoint.

Word, thanks Dave. Yeah about CSU, after all the hoops I jumped through for that application process, I got a letter about a month ago that, in so many words, said I'm "too stupid" to go to their school. So whatever, I'm just gonna hit Denver or the Springs (wherever I find an apartment first), and just go to community college wherever. LOL

Keep me posted on a game night, I'll drop by if it's near a bus route. :buttrock:

noCLip

Camel Slug
Did you look into front range in town? A lot of my friends got classes there before CSU

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Did you look into front range in town? A lot of my friends got classes there before CSU

Thought about it, but Fort Collins is just too expensive for me to be able to handle. My current apartment is the most expensive shit hole I've ever rented, I can't afford anything better. Plus, I'm 90% sure as of today I'm going to move back home with my folks in September, I gotta get my shit back together. I'll just do classes there like I did when I was younger.

noCLip

Camel Slug
Thought about it, but Fort Collins is just too expensive for me to be able to handle. My current apartment is the most expensive shit hole I've ever rented, I can't afford anything better. Plus, I'm 90% sure as of today I'm going to move back home with my folks in September, I gotta get my shit back together. I'll just do classes there like I did when I was younger.

Right on man