Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (XBone, PS4, and PC)

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Here it comes, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, is suppose to get its official reveal later today. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is the followup to 2011's Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Personally, I'm eager for this one as I thought that DE:HR was a pretty solid stealth/action game. The director's cut released in 2014 across all the previous-gen platforms fixed all the issues I had with the original release. If you own a Wii U I strongly recommend you track down a copy for that system since that version utilizes the gamepad and its features very well.

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Thanks for posting this up Magician!!! DE:MD is my most anticipated release. I loved the world Eidos created in Human Revolution, the characters and the gameplay. As I wrote a few years ago, HR is in my top 5 games of all time, and the only game I've ever gotten a Platinum trophy in; I still go back and play the game through from time to time. I hope there will be another novel tie in, as Icarus Effect was great. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
So it's an alternative story instead of a true sequel?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
So it's an alternative story instead of a true sequel?

Doesn't seem like it. The info about none of the endings in HR being canonical came from a Russian site, but seems to be based on conjecture. In the video Magician posted, Mary DeMarle says that Jensen is seeking redemption after his attempt to save the world has seemingly failed (paraphrasing). Considering the scope of what Eidos is trying to do with this franchise (Deus Ex Universe), and what Mary has stated in the video, I don't see how this could be anything other than a direct sequel.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
It could be this takes off from the ending where Jensen exposed the truth of what happened in the end of DEHR, not realizing that this kind of apartheid situation had a possibility of happening.
It could ALSO be from the ending where he chooses to help suppress the information about what happened, but maybe a survivor leaked the info or whatever, and this is the next logical response to that kind of situation.

Either way, I'm kinda hype for this. DEHR was a great game, and showed that Eidos/SE could make a decent Deus Ex game.
Looking forward to this.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Doesn't seem like it. The info about none of the endings in HR being canonical came from a Russian site, but seems to be based on conjecture. In the video Magician posted, Mary DeMarle says that Jensen is seeking redemption after his attempt to save the world has seemingly failed (paraphrasing). Considering the scope of what Eidos is trying to do with this franchise (Deus Ex Universe), and what Mary has stated in the video, I don't see how this could be anything other than a direct sequel.

Okay I heard that wrong then.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
i've been putting off getting a PS4, but I'll pick up a system the day this releases.

Magician

20 Year Member
Full reveal trailer...

qurao

n00b
Human Revolution was my first Deus Ex experience, and I enjoyed it a great deal. I'm ready for another one, and the trailer made waiting for a release date to be announced all the more difficult.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I absolutely loved HR, played it on PS3 then sold that one after getting the Wii U version. The atmosphere created was incredible, and the level of depth and gameplay options made it a ton of fun. I'm really looking forward to this.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
HR was great save for the boss fights and the bugs and no install option on the directors cut. It was very different from the original both in terms of gameplay and gritty atmosphere, which made it even cooler IMO. I love rainy gritty city settings but it's cool they didn't lean on the past.

I'm excited for this one because it seems to pick up where the last one left off - a cocktease of who was working behind the curtains and a link to the conspiracy theory themes of the original game. Hopefully this really gets into that instead of generic Russian bad guy.

The world needs more high quality cyberpunk games.

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
i'm really looking forward to it. I thoroughly enjoyed human revolution and all of it's Robocop references.

Magician

20 Year Member
Bump

Official release date for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is February 23rd, 2016.