Diablo 3

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Alkaizer played over 12 hours a day for 2 weeks...

Do you have that kind of gear in D3? If so hook a brother up and give me like 20 million gold.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I tried the farming route shown in that video with my barb, works pretty well. I only have 69k dps before buffs and dont have a godly IK set, but I was able to clear the 5 maps in about 15 minutes, very efficient exp gains indeed. I kept up wrath most of the time, although it did drop a few times when the mobs dried up.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'm stuck at 30k dps with my monk. I have OK gear but my survivability plummeted against elites in Act 3. I think I need more Life on Hit and Life Regen. Guess I need to farm gold.

You guys read the sneak peak of 1.05? Sounds good to me so far. Interesting they decided to reduce incoming damage again...

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
What are people's thoughts now that MP is in full swing?

I've been doing Key Runs on MP5 and having a fairly good luck at getting key drops. I have 3 infernal machines but am saving up for when I can be run at at least MP8 with a leet barb.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
What are people's thoughts now that MP is in full swing?

I've been doing Key Runs on MP5 and having a fairly good luck at getting key drops. I have 3 infernal machines but am saving up for when I can be run at at least MP8 with a leet barb.

At first I had no idea what you were talking about... I haven't played for months. So I went to my Diablo 3 forum and oh boy I think I should give it another shot!

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Definitely! It allows for players of all strengths to play effectively now.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
New changes seem cool. I might re-install one of these days. I think I'm going to wait for the first major expansion though.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
Finally got all classes to level 60.

Last night my last class, witch doctor hit 60.

Now that I've played and geared all classes my tier priority goes like this:

Barb > Witch Doctor > Wizard > Monk > DH

Barbs still rule the game. Now doubt about it.

------------------------------------------------------
Witch Doctors are probably the funnest to play imo.

Wizards are also fun, and cheap if you're going archon. I spent 12 mil and got up to 120k dps by following this one dudes guide.

Monks, I think I chose my resist wrong or something when I was building my monk, because it was expensive as hell. Didn't work out that great.

Demon Hunter. My first class. They seem like the most trouble to get geared and then do well with. I hate having no resist, and a lot of people still go glass cannon.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Nice work!

I only have one char at level 60. The Demon Hunter. Here's my - build.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Sooo, is anyone still playing this?

They have just announced the Expansion pack which is to have Ladder rankings (finally) and Clans.

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
Just wanted they add a joystick support for the PC version.

Playing with the dualshock 3 is awesome, seems like playing Streets of Rage of Hell.

Fritz

15 Year Member
Blizzard is shutting down the auction houses next year.

But as we've mentioned on different occasions, it became increasingly clear that despite the benefits of the AH system and the fact that many players around the world use it, it ultimately undermines Diablo's core game play: kill monsters to get cool loot.

Well no fucking shit, just get around to figuring that one out blizzard?

I assume the real reason is that the AH is no longer netting enough of a net profit to keep it going, so they decided to shut down shop.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I assume the real reason is that the AH is no longer netting enough of a net profit to keep it going, so they decided to shut down shop.

Perhaps, I think they've just listened to the players, to be honest. The auction house is basically broken, anyway, I think that has a lot more to do with their choice to get rid of it and I think it's a great decision.

I wouldn't say it's too late either. Diablo 3 was always going to take a long time to iron out the issues and stabilise and I still think it's got a chance to deliver.

Fritz

15 Year Member
Anyone playing again?

Patch 2.0.1 just came out this past week with a lot of sweeping changes across the board. Including revamped difficulty scaling, skill revisions and much better loot. The loot now drops according to your class the majority of the time. Legendary drops are now bind to account, although there is a 2 hour window where you can trade them to anyone in your party.

And if D3 isn't dark and mature enough as it is, the expansion comes out in less than a month.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I played with the new patch and within 12 minutes I got a legendary ceremonial knife (lvl 60+5 WD). So much more loot and I love the new difficulty levels. Its much more enjoyable than the previous slogs through ACT IV over and over.

Haven't tried the crusader yet, has anyone preordered and tried it yet?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yep, I've given it about two hours since the new patch and I am LOVING it!

Enough so that I pre-ordered the deluxe edition of RoS.

I always loved Diablo 3, and it appears they may have finally gotten it right.

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
So riddle me this,

Has it really made that big of a turn around and worth installing again? I played it at launch and for about 3 months before I gave up entirely with all the BS patches and nerfs. I still hold hatred for the game that screwed me and others over. To me the Diablo III boat has long sailed and most of its base players need a good reason to come back to the game, IE expansion news and fancy trailer.

*Edit* While eating lunch found interesting article on Reddit for anybody looking to answer the same question. As for me im still on the fence. http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1zduq5/diablo_3_what_its_like_now_with_20_patch_what/

Last edited:

Fritz

15 Year Member
In your case it is still a toss up then. Blizzard is still nerfing,fiddling and tweaking skills and stats, that won't be going away anytime soon. Especially with the expansion adding all sorts of new mechanics to abuse, expect prompt usage of the nerf bat by blizzard. Many of the core issues still exist obviously.

You can however now put together a solid 'end game' character using only game found drops, which was not even really possible a year ago.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I started out with a WD and they nerfed the living shit out of it throughout the year. I had not played D3 for quite some time until I had downloaded the patch, and when I did I found myself still playing through the familiar story areas thinking "Maybe a legendary will drop here? or here? YES score!" it's insane how much better item drops became, and with the new difficulties and adventure mode coming, it should prove to be a good trip back for you. I'd encourage it until Blizzard realizes this and tweaks more.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Never gave up on D3 so I don't know what you're referring to Evilpoptart.

It sounds like Diablo was never for you in the first place. This patch and expansion will bring a lot of the original players back, but they'll give up soon once they realise that, like all Blizzard games, you have to put in a shit-load of time to actually get anywhere or have a gaming experience that is worth something.

This is not a casual game, and never will be.

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
Never gave up on D3 so I don't know what you're referring to Evilpoptart.

It sounds like Diablo was never for you in the first place. This patch and expansion will bring a lot of the original players back, but they'll give up soon once they realise that, like all Blizzard games, you have to put in a shit-load of time to actually get anywhere or have a gaming experience that is worth something.

This is not a casual game, and never will be.

To be fair I gave Diablo III the hugest chance I could and I won't hide the fact I do hold a bitter grudge for this game. I put 6 months into this game before I threw in the towel. I went through the worst of the worst thinking it would get better and all Blizzard did was continue ignore and piss people off. I played Diablo II extensively and hindsight poured my life into that game for the longest time. When it comes to a franchise like Diablo I am a hardcore Diablo fan and have always treated the game as such, I wasn't playing it "casually" and in fact the opposite. I dove into this game head first and did enjoy the game while it was still good. Few reasons why I feel this way. Launch day was a DISASTER I was one of the VERY few who was able to stay logged in. The following weeks of constant error messages, servers not responding were getting increasingly annoying, but were understandable for just launched. When did you start play F4U57? Once 1.0.3 Screw everybody patch hit with HUGE nerf's to all classes, nerf's to the economy, higher repair costs, and the most infuriating changes were drop rates and the removal of smashed pot drops why even bother continuing? This isn't WoW and trying to force a franchise like Diablo to fit into WoW's model was just asking for disaster. I wasted 4 years of my life to that dick measuring contest known as WoW too.

Lets face it with the nerf after nerf after nerf it was all for the auction house. Blizzard being Blizzard wasn't going to admit any wrong doing when most of its player base were screaming at all of the unnecessary changes that were taking place The auction house ruined the game. Period. When you go through an entire game and STRUGGLE to get enough gold just to do repairs on your armor and STRUGGLE to find ANY gear upgrades (other than going to the auction house) when the game doesn't give you but shit for drops, limits your gold, and is FORCING you to use a auction house, that is a broken game. Its no secret people started to leave is MASS droves very quickly. It just wasn't worth the HUGE grind to get anywhere in the game thus no longer fun to play.

Diablo's gameplay was all about the finding loot progressing your character, and having fun with different builds and play styles. They drove all of it into the ground and now are finally realizing their huge mistake and playing clean up on something they should have done right from the beginning. Personally I don't think they will get all their original players back, there are bigger and better things that people have moved onto and really at this point its all hype and damage control once again. Its Blizzard I expect nothing less from them.