Diablo II: Resurrected

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Anyone playing online hardcore on PCMR, add me - F4U57#6229

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The server disconnect issues are still pretty annoying.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
The server disconnect issues are still pretty annoying.
Especially on console (PS4) when I'm not even playing with people lol – although my character this time is an "online" character. I'm just playing a single player game, by myself, "private room" or whatever they call it, and I STILL get thrown off and it resets all my progress in the current map I was in (i.e. map progress is erased and all enemies respawn). ...and some of these maps are HUGE so that could erase a good hour or two of work.

I still haven't tried to actually play online with other people yet as all that confuses me and don't really get how that goes, but wanted the option, so for my second playthrough I started a new online character. Should have literally just done another runthrough with an offline character because it really is a pain in the ass.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It’s annoying if you haven’t grabbed the waypoint yet for sure.

I’d hesitate to say it’s lost progress though unless you’re losing XP and items.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
It’s annoying if you haven’t grabbed the waypoint yet for sure.

I’d hesitate to say it’s lost progress though unless you’re losing XP and items.
It's moreso that some areas are so large, and the map is randomly generated each time, that when it resets I simply don't know where to go anymore and find I have to backtrack and take WAY more time to get to the next area than I should have to.

In offline mode the map you've explored is still there (and it's the same map as before), but only the monsters have regenerated, so you can still pretty easily find your way to the next unexplored area (because ONLY that part of the map is unexplored so you know where to go to next, instead of online mode EVERY part of the map is unexplored at first).

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah, I wouldn’t call that lost progress. When you reach a leveling wall it won’t matter about progress through the game, you jump to wherever you can level effectively. It’s all about waypoints, once you have the wp, it’s all about experience and item farming.

lvl 48 online hc lightning sorc, here. #dontjinxit

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Blizzard just posted a huge thing on their forum explains the server outages. All Incan say is this:

LOL Blizzard. Look at this shit. The game ran fine 20 years ago and you fucked it up and charged us $40.

Guess I’m dumb for paying the money.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I just play in offline mode now, since I can't connect anymore, but it's getting boring. I should have waited for a price drop when most of the issues would have been worked out.