ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
And if so, how and why?

Do you regret it?

Aka the rage bait thread.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
This would work better if you could answer anonymously.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
lmbo you faggots didn't have a lockdown, you don't even know what one truly is。。

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
get back to me when you guys have an ID card with your birthplace registered, and even if you haven't been there for over a year you will need to go back and unable to travel freely

or how about if you leave the city and come back you'll be found out and have to stay under strict quarantine inside your home for 14 days

or how about no one letting inside people who don't live inside the apartment block so good luck getting some slant

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Nope. I was bunkered down in early March. I’ve gone to the grocery store, the dentist, the doctor, the vet, and the pet store (for stuff the vet said I needed).

Girlfriend is immune compromised so can’t fuck around with this.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
There was a lockdown?

Right? My job is considered essential so nothing much as changed for me personally. Only thing different is my family doesn’t leave and not going out to eat. I’m jealous of everyone getting a two month vacation. Ah well.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
No lockdown yet where I'm at. It could still be coming. We'll see.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I followed the recommendations. The whole experience often felt emasculating. Running scared from a virus. Lives and businesses ruined. Has society ever been softer than it is right now? I almost hope Karou's conspiracy theories turn out to be true. It would be less pathetic.

There was no real lockdown though, right? Seemed like it was voluntary in most places.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I don't usually wear my mask if I'm just walking around outside, but, I stay at least six feet away from anyone I encounter. Work, stores, post office, and bank are about the only places I go.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Not much of a lockdown here in southern Illinois. It was more of a please stay at home order. Most stores except for grocery and hardware stores were closed. Restaurants only via drive-thru. Only time I left town was to go to St. Louis. I took my mother to restaurant depot to get things for her small business. I saw myself at Lowe’s or menards more often than I would have wanted. Lots of small projects and having to keep grabbing things for. Tried to keep Grocery trips down to once a week. Small refrigerator, so not a lot of space to keep things fresh. Good luck buying a deep freezer til next year at least. But for the most part wore a mask in public, washed/sanitized hands more frequently. Only saw my roommate and parents on any regular basis. Talked to my neighbor Across the fence while he was gardening. I wouldn’t consider anything I did breaking the stay at home order. Now that I’m back at work, I’m finding it near impossible to keep social distancing rules intact. Manual labor, hot environment, so can’t wear a mask and always in close proximity with someone. Ironically, I got told a coworker caught covid because he decided to take an across country vacation.

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
I followed the recommendations. The whole experience often felt emasculating. Running scared from a virus. Lives and businesses ruined. Has society ever been softer than it is right now? I almost hope Karou's conspiracy theories turn out to be true. It would be less pathetic.

There was no real lockdown though, right? Seemed like it was voluntary in most places.

Aside from closing schools, "non essential" businesses, limiting you to essential travel like grocery shopping, it's about as close to a lock down as you can get...

I share the sentiment, summer can't come soon enough to take a break from this disaster...

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
get back to me when you guys have an ID card with your birthplace registered, and even if you haven't been there for over a year you will need to go back and unable to travel freely

or how about if you leave the city and come back you'll be found out and have to stay under strict quarantine inside your home for 14 days

or how about no one letting inside people who don't live inside the apartment block so good luck getting some slant

Sounds absolutely shit, but you seem to enjoy it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Sounds absolutely shit, but you seem to enjoy it.

Meh, extraordinary measures for extraordinary times. For the past two months the only thing people talk about here are how many people died in America, so unfortunately it seems this is a huge victory for the CCP (in the beginning, I was hoping that if enough people died there would be a kind of uprising, but in fact the opposite happened!).

The view I'm getting from the commonfolk is no one likes these measures, but they've saved millions of lives so meh.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah, we’ve been quite lucky here in Aus and are still taking serious measures.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Here's LoneSausage again, talking about how anything short of getting disappeared by the party isn't taking the threat seriously enough.

Remember how we weren't going to let the terrorists win and then we were taking our shoes off in airports?

This is that but with infectious disease control.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
My entire line of thinking this whole time was listen to the scientists. In one of the most densely populated countries in the world, it should have decimated China. Instead there were/are draconian measures introduced and a few thousand people died compared to a few million. I'm not condoning the party, I don't like the party, I'm just saying what happened. SK, Japan and Taiwan also seem to have been very successful at curbing the spread of infections without going full CCP.

I'm well aware there are plenty of people who are OK with a Spanish Flu Part 2 situation where millions of people will die (as long as it isn't their family). That's lithy's choice, sure. I think listening to scientists about how to beat this is a much better idea, personally.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Quite honestly it just meant I didn't go to the cinemas or eat out for the last couple months and considering they were shut... I had nothing to break.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
There was a lockdown?
Allegedly
63752af987282f23d4c2da5278d60364.jpg

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
My entire line of thinking this whole time was listen to the scientists. In one of the most densely populated countries in the world, it should have decimated China. Instead there were/are draconian measures introduced and a few thousand people died compared to a few million. I'm not condoning the party, I don't like the party, I'm just saying what happened. SK, Japan and Taiwan also seem to have been very successful at curbing the spread of infections without going full CCP.

I'm well aware there are plenty of people who are OK with a Spanish Flu Part 2 situation where millions of people will die (as long as it isn't their family). That's lithy's choice, sure. I think listening to scientists about how to beat this is a much better idea, personally.

Why should it have decimated China? It hasn't decimated the US. But keep saying how millions could have died and only our lovely governments spared us.

Also...still believing China's death numbers? lol

The age distribution is showing where our focus should be.

There won't be a vaccine.