Difference between Japanese & Asian versions?

Gabrius

New Challenger
So I'm about to place an order on Play Asia for Eschatos and Bullet Soul, and notice there are 2 versions Bullet Soul available:

Asian Version

Japanese Version

Both are NTSC-J, so either will work on my Japanese 360.... I'm just wondering, besides being the Asian one being $25 cheaper, what else is different? Will I be able to purchase DLC for the Asian version using my Japanese XBL account?

:help:

Gabrius

New Challenger
Thanks for the link... but I'm unsure if this info is accurate for my situation, as I'm looking at Xbox 360 titles and the forum linked is for a PSP game. Is it the exact same from console to console?

Hmmmm now I'm thinking I should go with the Japanese version.... although I'm not sure there will ever be any Bullet Soul DLC....

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Thanks for the link... but I'm unsure if this info is accurate for my situation, as I'm looking at Xbox 360 titles and the forum linked is for a PSP game. Is it the exact same from console to console?

Hmmmm now I'm thinking I should go with the Japanese version.... although I'm not sure there will ever be any Bullet Soul DLC....

Wow, I'm spacey today. :lolz:

Google should get you far though.

Last edited:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Usually the only difference is with the instructions, as the Asian version may feature a combination of Chinese, English & Japanese, or will feature the Japanese manual and a supplementary manual that's in Chinese, English etc...

The game will be identcial to the Japanese version.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Usually the only difference is with the instructions, as the Asian version may feature a combination of Chinese, English & Japanese, or will feature the Japanese manual and a supplementary manual that's in Chinese, English etc...

The game will be identcial to the Japanese version.

I love Asian version because it's much much cheaper than JPN one :mr_t:

Gabrius

New Challenger
Trigger pulled - Asian version GET!

-if I end up regretting it I'll pick up a used copy of the JPN version the next time I'm able to visit my peeps in Tokyo ^_^

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Not just for this game, but the Asian version is generally cheaper than the Japanese version for most games that get both releases.

Gabrius

New Challenger
UPDATE

My games came today:

2011-04-11_09-55-27_720.jpg

....but check out the back of my copy of Bullet Soul:

2011-04-11_09-55-37_792.jpg

I think P-A made some sort of mistake seeing how nobody else is stocking an Asian version and they are listing it as OOS.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
UPDATE

My games came today:

2011-04-11_09-55-27_720.jpg

....but check out the back of my copy of Bullet Soul:

2011-04-11_09-55-37_792.jpg

I think P-A made some sort of mistake seeing how nobody else is stocking an Asian version and they are listing it as OOS.

Photos are broken. What happened? And let us know about the DLC situation if it arises.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
The photos were up a couple o' days ago...PA sent a NTSC-J Bsoul, even tho the OP ordered Asian rev.

Also on topic: many times the Asian rev of a release will be vanilla, & not include DLC, sountracks, &/or other omake that come w/ the JPN rev.

Cheaper in price; sure. Less content many times tho.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Wow, sweet deal! I wonder if it was just a mistake or not... *rubs greedy hands*