Dinoforce: unreleased PC Engine shooter dumped for FREE

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I don’t know how familiar you guys are with that dude but I first encountered him back when he was the biggest fan on planet earth of the Capcom CPS Changer. He had shirts printed up with his name on it crediting him as the foremost expert on the (kinda) system. They weren’t bad looking shirts but they did expose him as massively out of touch with humanity.

Honestly seeing that name again is such a trip. It’s like when Nintega shows up and you’re on one hand amazed that he’s still alive after so many years and at the same time very sad to see that nothing has changed.
Japjac claiming to be the foremost English CPS Changer expert then a bunch of other members pulling out their setups like "oh this old trash?" will always be a favorite NG.com memory.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Oh, shit, I forgot that he was the foremost English language expert on the system, not world wide. So presumably there was a native Japanese and likely Chinese language expert who knew more.

That would be a hilariously humble brag…except that it wasn’t, it was just a brag…like he was the #1 Russian speaking Egyptologist or some shit.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Because Extreme Dinosaurs was already taken

edit: ok i think the game looks kinda assey, like amiga PD stuff. i'd rather play download.

hows parodius not a serious shmup? because it has a comedic theme? its basically the same as gradius

Johnny16Bit

Galford's Armourer
I just tried it. I thought the rainbow shot was weird - and discovered there were several rainbow shots.

9782211093019-200x303-1.jpg

KGRAMR

Another Striker
I've been playing Dinoforce from time to time and i'm starting to figure some things out. For example, if you managed to kill a good number of enemies during each stage, you fight against a different Boss. You can also toggle the ship's speed but instead of working like in every other PC Engine shooter, you must hold select and press the I button IIRC. I hope that helps somehow!