Dion Dakis Trying to Sell fake Metal Slug JAP - BEWARE!!!

VirtuaNEStor

Caught Flipping., Deal With At Own Risk.,
Dion Dakis wil explain his terrible mistake on 19th may. Live podcast. :S

dioninterview.jpg

"Dion Dakis & the Metal Slug ASOF" - Dr. Strangelove Podcast - SpineCard.com. Exclusive live interview with Dion Dakis. Friday may 19th 22:00h UTV/GMT +2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOBqxdKqlcw&feature=em-subs_digest

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
yeah stop giving those two never-beens has-beens attention.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Dion Dakis wil explain his terrible mistake on 19th may. Live podcast. :S

His "mistake" was posting pictures of a commonly-duplicated rare AES game with no PCB pics and blatant denial for the first several hours that his manual and cart label were both fake despite several people pointing out the inconsistencies throughly in detail.

TL;DR - He tried to pass a dupe off as legit and tried to deny it by deleting the posts from everyone pointing it out. I don't see why any explanation or interview beyond that is necessary. Totally consistent with his past behavior as I understand it. Any podcast or YouTube video talking about it should only exist to warn people to avoid the guy.

Last edited:

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
So just curious, does he give terms on what you can ask him on the podcast? I mean it's pretty obvious the guy didn't open the cart and just slapped the authentication certificate on it and was just defending his ego at that point, I guess he finally caved and gave in realizing it was fake. Going to ask about why he deleted comments regarding the authenticity etc...? I'm pretty sure I already know his answer, but would like to see him worm out of it asking him a step by step what happened. I"m pretty sure he'd probably slip up on the timing of events in regards to how this came to be.

EDIT:

LOL so I googled 'Dion Dakis' for fun, first result is this thread:

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/tnl/th...ain-to-me-why-I-m-supposed-to-hate-Dion-Dakis

:lolz:

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Thank you for posting that. Oh my God my spelling years ago was atrocious.

I read it years ago and it set the record straight, for me at least. Whenever the spotlight is on NGF, it needs to be linked. People need to know.

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object
"..I'm so sorry for deleting your comments in which you were putting me in the place that I deserve to be...."

NGFAKE.png

Yeah Baby! It's certificated!

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I read it years ago and it set the record straight, for me at least. Whenever the spotlight is on NGF, it needs to be linked. People need to know.

There's a better version of it that someone archived my work with...

http://mpatard1.free.fr/neogeofreaks/The_NGF_Bible.html

The PCB pictures alone are fucking golden of Chris's Strikers 1945 conversion. Btw the warranty on the game was voided when Jeff Kurtz opened that fucker up according to Chris to show everyone how much of a bad ass he was at making fake shit. lol

@#18. The Twinkle Star Sprites AES was bought by Tonk who made it 100% clear he didn't want to game fucked with. Dion said he wouldn't mess with it in anyway possible...

TSS_stamped.jpg

Sorry Mike...

Last edited:

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
I have forever just let these things go because I really have already reiterated my points in the past as to these ongoing lies by people who still to this day spend time living in anger about other peoples lives.

tl:dr - There are a handful of overbearing burnouts that control this website and push a narrative.

It is the same old stories, the same fear and intimidation tactics. Basically everything you are told to fear and hate without experience as a form of conditioning. The pattern has played out so many times. People meet Dion and/or I at one time or another and we are all friends. If they dare speak of these times, or heaven forbid, show a picture with us they are immediately attacked. Almost always by people that have never met us.

I thought it was crazy even 10 years ago the fervency and desperate anger there still is any time there was a hint of any news about one of us. It is the same 4 or 5 people trying to make themselves look important by spouting the same BS lies that nobody I have EVER met actually believed. You then have the 2nd tier band wagoners who bought into the stories and pile on in a sad attempt to curry favor with the "community", when in reality the vast vast majority sit in silence and use their own judgement thankfully.

I will say what I have been saying forever. Read between the lines and make an objective opinion based on your own research and experience. Think carefully before you get sucked into the anger of people who have dedicated folders of pictures and links saved of two people they have never met or done business with at any time.

There is always a twist or embellishment to shade the actual truth.

Timely example:

Did I actually thank rot for "helping to keep the scene alive..." ?

You can read for yourself in my reply and see that I thanked him out for providing the pw to the file. It is common courtesy, something I think every person I have ever met would tell you I practice.

The lie about the Strikers is another long standing perpetuated myth. I did not do that conversion, though as a matter of warranty I offered to fix it no charge, no time limit. The fact is shawn sent it to Jeff. If your macbook breaks and you send it to dell for repair, do you think apple is going to warranty that work? Makes no sense. It is very obvious that conversion was done by someone without the proper tools, of which I had at the time of course. I tried to check the link with my rebuttal at the bottom but of course it was not active - hmm?!

Of course I had no doubt Jeff could fix it. I know Jeff is an expert on the Neo Geo based on my own personal experience with him. Yes, Jeff and I have met in person way back in the day and I formed my high opinion of him out of actual interaction and experience - a novel concept..

This is one small example. There are dozens and dozens of outright lies that I spent time refuting a decade+ ago. Read the threads and decide for yourself.

You can pick through the threads and see most of what I have said above is just more of the same reminders for people to form their own opinion, good or bad. Don't fall into the trap of letting someone else decide for you.

I no longer actively participate in the neo geo scene, but still enjoy playing my cabinets (now with the neoSD). I would never actually see these posts unless someone mentions it, but when I do and if I have time, I will at least provide a counterpoint.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Let me get this right. Dion bought a bundle of carts to make a quick buck on some Facebook schmucks, only to find out later that he was the schmuck for not noticing that the most expensive game of the bunch was actually a NCI counterfeit, then he went full on retard by denying the undeniable with NeoGeoFreak official statement, seal of quality, letter of authenticity and all that bullshit?

He should do what PSA does when they get caught grading fake or altered baseball cards. Just go radio silent and pretend it never happened.

And what are the parallels like between these two companies? PSA was founded on a lie. The famous T206 Honus Wagner, *that* one Wayne Gretzky bought, the first card they ever graded, was trimmed! Not exactly a fake but they fudged the numbers and everyone knows it is trash but they never say anything about it.

Kinneth

Neo Buster,
NGF should also stop saying their King of Fighter 2000 U.S. aucthefication process is fullproof. How can there be more than the claimed 100? All my KofF 2000 U.S. are still aucthefication free.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
tl:dr - There are a handful of overbearing burnouts that control this website and push a narrative.

I take exception to this statement... Just sayin'....

NG.com is the way it is because the mods don't actively micro manage the whole site...

However... never assume that the "Narrative" is allowed to be pushed beyond the limits we set Chris...

xROTx

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Read between the lines and make an objective opinion based on your own research and experience.

Everyone's opinion is your business partner is a fucking moron that got scammed just like the two of you have been scamming your "customers".

noir

Overtop Pathfinder
It is the same 4 or 5 people trying to make themselves look important by spouting the same BS lies that nobody I have EVER met actually believed. You then have the 2nd tier band wagoners who bought into the stories and pile on in a sad attempt to curry favor with the "community", when in reality the vast vast majority sit in silence and use their own judgement thankfully.

As someone relatively new, I had only read what others had said about NGF. Fortunately there's a fresh new example here of who NGF is. Dion posted a game as authentic. People immediately pointed out that at the very least the manual was a fake, and asked for board pics. Dion declined board pics and insisted the was manual legitimate. Days later he acknowledges it's fake, and still no board pics. And tries to shed responsibility for slow turn around and not having providing pics yet with how busy his life. is How anybody associated with something like this could be anything but completely humiliated is beyond me. Dion touts that NGF is the sole North American authority to say what is authentic and what is not, then fucks it up. Ignoring everything I've ever read from other people about NGF, this single example leaves no credibility whatsoever to anybody associated with the name.

Double Reppuken

NGFL Member., xROTx,
Dion posted a game as authentic. People immediately pointed out that at the very least the manual was a fake, and asked for board pics. Dion declined board pics and insisted the was manual legitimate. Days later he acknowledges it's fake, and still no board pics. And tries to shed responsibility for slow turn around and not having providing pics yet with how busy his life.

Also deleted the posts pointing out evidence for the fake manual.

Stamping the back of AES inserts amounts to defacing and devaluing the games.

Shredding inserts too.... that's a travesty. *smh*