Disco Legend Donna Summer, 63, passed away

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Cancer claimed the Queen of Disco — she was only 63 years old, R.I.P.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...nger-succumbs-battle-cancer-article-1.1079795
Donna Summer dead at 63: Legendary disco singer succumbs to battle with cancer: report

image.jpg

The singer came to define the sound of late '70s and early '80s radio

BY ETHAN SACKS / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Published: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 11:56 AM
Updated: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 1:30 PM

With her dance hits and powerful voice, Donna Summer came to define the music of a generation.

The Queen of Disco is dead.

Donna Summer died Thursday morning after succumbing to a long battle with cancer, TMZ.com reported. She was 63.

Born in Boston on New Year's Eve 1948, Summer came to define the sound of late '70s and early '80s radio with hits including "Last Dance", "Bad Girls" and "She Works Hard for The Money".

The five-time Grammy winner leaves behind two grown daughters, Brooklyn and Amanda, with her husband, songwriter Bruce Charles Sudano, as well as another daughter, Mimi, from a previous marriage.

Sources told TMZ that the singer was trying to complete an album at the time of her death.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Between DDR and Arrested Development, Bad Girls is just a little bit more special to me than most disco. Rest in peace.

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Far too early for a great artist - really, really sad!
Rest in peace, Donna!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
She made a number of great songs that still make great party music. RIP, Donna.

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
I Feel Love is one of my all time favourite tracks. Hugely influentual too, though it's debatable how much of that can be attributed to Moroder's production.

63 is way too young to go RIP