Disney arbitrarily censoring stuff on Disney+

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
A Goofy Movie:
EVg3OSqUYAAtOGs

Splash (oddly, they left the titty scene unaltered)
5e94eb4fb3b092270e4dd7f3

Lilo and Stitch:
w0h8ybyjsna41.jpg

I'm sure there are tons of other examples, these are just the ones making the rounds on the innanets right now

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I was so bummed when they bought Fox, because they're not going to stop there.

I wouldn't be surprised if they become a political party in 50 years.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member

Can't wait for the new cut of Aliens where Ripley and the aliens work out their differences in group therapy.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

Soon armbands will come back in style!

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
oh it's supposed to be a counter or cabinet and she's hiding inside a pizza box now

what

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Who controls the past controls the future.

Who controls the present controls the past.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
The take away lesson here: Goofy's son gets more pussy than all of us combined.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
america : silly overbearing Sharia law. I can't believe they let religion run their lives.
america : i'll only vote for a christian....

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
america : silly overbearing Sharia law. I can't believe they let religion run their lives.

This has always got me...Christian control in influence in America is horrid. Honestly, any religious control anywhere is horrid...it's never good for anything except for that religion.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member

I'm not sure if some of this is really Christian influence more than #METOO shit.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I'm not sure if some of this is really Christian influence more than #METOO shit.

It all derives from Puritanical thinking. Only difference is whether you believe the original sin is the imaginary apple or the imaginary patriarchy.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Only difference is whether you believe the original sin is the imaginary apple or the imaginary patriarchy.

From what I've seen, uh...there's a lot of women who are calling themselves 'witches against patriarchy'.

Flippin weird, man.

I doubt people irl talk about it, but there's a significant online presence of women calling themselves witches. In 2020. Something like Faust's wife doing astrology but 'witchy'. What is it with women and this weird shit.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
The person noticing / caring about these changes posted here is worse than the changes themselves.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The person noticing / caring about these changes posted here is worse than the changes themselves.

Yes! I thought the exact same thing. These are such weird things to censor. I remember when Splash and A Goofy Movie were popular family movies for quite many years, and now this?

It's just straight up weird.

What has America become?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
From what I've seen, uh...there's a lot of women who are calling themselves 'witches against patriarchy'.

Flippin weird, man.

I doubt people irl talk about it, but there's a significant online presence of women calling themselves witches. In 2020. Something like Faust's wife doing astrology but 'witchy'. What is it with women and this weird shit.

It's really not all that many women.

Tumblr and Twitter, social media in general, is a megaphone for people to voice their frustrations.

People see 20,000 retweets and 40,000 likes as 'good engagement' for the analytics.

There are, according to Google, 330 million users on Twitter and 140 million of those are active. I didn't look into how many are slacktivists, ho many are thots, how many are entrepreneurs (creatives selling work by commission and as online 'portfolios'), how many are media and how many are just shitposters.

This means the rest of the 7 billion people on the planet are just doing their thing. Vocal minorities have seized all the conches and corporations act on these analytics, which aren't representative anything but, like the stock market, it's a combination of perceived value and social and consumer engineering.

It's all about the Overton Window and corporations forcefeeding you products based on the analytics.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I thought so at first, but that thing doesn't look anything like an oven.

Why not just put a door there instead of the pizza box?

It was a dryer before and got turned into some sort of cupboard with a pizza box (?), I guess they changed it to avoid giving kids the idea of locking themselves in dryers or washing machines.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I think it's a dryer. Disney doesn't want kids getting the idea to climb into one of those from them and risk being sued over it?

Marek

Banned
This has always got me...Christian control in influence in America is horrid. Honestly, any religious control anywhere is horrid...it's never good for anything except for that religion.

Yeah well they the bible banging shitdicks hijacked 95% of gun enthusiasts. And then the secular Republicans gun fetishists will all act super fucking confused when the pences, santorums, etc in government finally drop the fucking Christian theocracy hammer.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Maybe Disney could edit out Lucas's Star Wars edits.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
It was a dryer before and got turned into some sort of cupboard with a pizza box (?), I guess they changed it to avoid giving kids the idea of locking themselves in dryers or washing machines.

I realized that, but why not censor it into something that makes sense?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Considering Disney+is just a streaming service, it is basically TV. Movies are censored for TV all the time. Don't really see an issue, but also don't pay Disney for the privilege of watching any of this anyway. If they censor a DVD/Blu-Ray release then I'd understand the complaints.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Considering Disney+is just a streaming service, it is basically TV. Movies are censored for TV all the time. Don't really see an issue, but also don't pay Disney for the privilege of watching any of this anyway. If they censor a DVD/Blu-Ray release then I'd understand the complaints.

The changes don't really affect the story and are so minor I don't think anyone should even care. It's not like it's the "Han shot first" controversy (disclaimer: I haven't watched any Star Wars all the way through).